QUESTIONS: Post your questions for Matt Mosley

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
Matt Mosley...DMN Sports Writer, Team Blogger....personality has agreed to take some questions from you guys....about his career....How he got started.....about following the team. .....personally....I think his stuff is fun.....and witty....so give him a shot....fire away.....he's up for anything.

BIO

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/columnists/mmosley.jpg
MATT MOSLEY Matt Mosley

HOMETOWN: Kaufman, Texas.

EDUCATION/CAREER TRACK: Speech communication major and history major at Baylor. I eventually want to be a full-time investigative writer.

MOST UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE ON THE JOB: Covering the Baylor basketball scandal for a week in Waco. I was suddenly doing interviews on national TV and radio. It was an unbelievable experience.

SOMETHING PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME: I dropped out of law school and worked in radio before getting into journalism.

IF I HAD TWO SPARE HOURS, I WOULD: I would hang out with my Chocolate Lab, Trooper.

MOST MEMORABLE SPORTING EVENT I'VE COVERED: I've covered some great Mavericks games, but I'd have to say spending a couple of days behind the scenes with Sterling Marlin at the TMS was pretty cool.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I have a ton of questions I'd like to ask about how a beat writer finds and hones his sources..how he develops trust in them, and how much substantiating is deemed necessary when the reporting is on sports and not 'news'.

But zero interest in Mosley 'personally'.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Matt, what is your boy, Drew Henson, up to these days? Will he be available this winter for some snow removal jobs around the midwest?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1179897 said:
I have a ton of questions I'd like to ask about how a beat writer finds and hones his sources..how he develops trust in them, and how much substantiating is deemed necessary when the reporting is on sports and not 'news'.

But zero interest in Mosley 'personally'.

I 2nd that.

What steps did he take that led him to where he is today?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure who, among the Dallas beat writers, started the Blog sites as far as actually giving some Cowboys related information and not just personal information.

However I recall a season or two ago many fans on this board were calling for a little more info than the standard fluff pieces.

One reporter, do not remember who, said that most fans do not want that type of information or extra details, they just wanted the overall view in an article...yet many on the message board wanted more details or stuff other than the norm.

Did you, or other writers, see that and decide to do something on the side like this blog so it did not interfere with what your editors or papers wanted with normal pieces/articles?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal;1180732 said:
What's your screenname here?

:laugh2:

I know there are others that either read here or have posted here, don't know about Mosley.

And before someone asks I am not saying some of the screen names that I know.

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1180741 said:
:laugh2:

I know there are others that either read here or have posted here, don't know about Mosley.

And before someone asks I am not saying some of the screen names that I know.

I confess.

I am Jen Engle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What do you think the chances of Tony Romo getting into the Pro Bowl are if he keeps up what he is doing?

Wimbo

Reaction score
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
Matt, Why are all you journalists so affraid of Parcells? I mean didn't you see the weak punch he threw at Haley last year? What in the world do you guys have to be affraid of?

parchy

Reaction score
brucem78;1180954 said:
Matt, Why are all you journalists so affraid of Parcells? I mean didn't you see the weak punch he threw at Haley last year? What in the world do you guys have to be affraid of?

Obviously you don't know who Dale Hansen is...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Matt. Thanks for taking questions from the fans.

What are your thoughts on the 2006 draft picks? How is EJ Whitley's rehab going?

Who has impressed you the most this year?

Who has not impressed you this year as far as expectations?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Matt, how much time per week to you spend watching tape (or digital recordings) of the Cowboys' games?

MONT17

Reaction score
what do u think about BP trading down in the second round leaving a future PRO BOWL left tackle on the board for the BOLTS!!! rumor here is that the Boys wanted the kid from BC and when he was off the board they traded out and landed Fasano a few picks later!

would you blame the scouting for not giving BP an accurate outlook on Mcneil... or was this another countless BLUNDER by BP when drafting OL on the first day!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MONT17;1181228 said:
what do u think about BP trading down in the second round leaving a future PRO BOWL left tackle on the board for the BOLTS!!! rumor here is that the Boys wanted the kid from BC and when he was off the board they traded out and landed Fasano a few picks later!

would you blame the scouting for not giving BP an accurate outlook on Mcneil... or was this another countless BLUNDER by BP when drafting OL on the first day!!!

Probably because the kid had some serious injuries and was thought to be a big risk that he probably didnt want to take with our 2nd round pick.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
What is the locker rooms general perception of T.O.? Do they really like the guy wearing a star or is it all just a facade so the media won't get in a frenzy?

And just a side question, who is the funniest Cowboy on the roster that you've been able to assosciate with?