Twitter: Quick Broaddus take on Odighizuwa

plasticman

Reaction score
I get what your saying about injuries it wasn't like he strained a hammy or groin last year he blew out his knee. Not too much you can do to prevent that and certainly can't gut it out.
Yeah, I did a poor job of explaining. What I meant by "fight through" wasn't intended to mean playing with a bad injury. You're right, it would have been foolish to expect him to play with such an injury.

What I intended was that the occurrence of injuries stop. I don't know if he can personally influence that, that is mostly random. However, once he becomes healthy, it seems as though the player loses some ability and that can be influenced by the rehabilitation process.

I hope that Gallimore, Hill, and Watson can "fight through" their injuries by working as hard as thy can through their rehabilitation while maintaining their passion and love of the game as well as a desire to prove themselves. Add in a little luck.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hope that Gallimore, Hill, and Watson can "fight through" their injuries by working as hard as thy can through their rehabilitation while maintaining their passion and love of the game as well as a desire to prove themselves. Add in a little luck.

I don’t think Watson is hurt, is he? Unless I’m mistaken, he is in the COVID-19 protocol and is just waiting to get cleared out of that, just like Quinn is.

He should be back at 100% before the season has started.

jnday

Reaction score
Can you point out the great start game?

Was it against the Rams when they ran for 153 and 2 TDs and he had 4 combined tackles?
Was it against the Falcons when they put up 40 points and he had 2 combined tackles?
Was it against the Seahawks when they put up 38 points and he had 1 tackle despite playing 8 more snaps that the previous 2 games?
Was it against the Browns when they put up 49 points including 307 on the ground and Hill played a whopping 86% of the snaps and contributed 3 tackles?
How about the Giants game where he played 22 snaps and contributed 1 assist before getting hurt against that anemic offense that had 20 points at halftime?

He finished the year with 11 tackles, 1 for loss, 3 QB hits in 212 snaps for statistically the worst D that Dallas has seen in perhaps forever. The more he played (Seahawks and Brows) the worse the defense performed.

#greatstart
Did you really have post this? Many posters know that he is bad, really bad, but seeing the reality of the situation takes my dislike for Marinelli to new levels.

jnday

Reaction score
Yes you are mistaken. Hill was the highest rated of all the DTs on the roster when he went down. Now given that the rest of them were ranked in the 90's around the league.. Hill may not have been great.. but he was the best of a bad lot before he got injured.
Hill is the turd that stinks the least, but he is still a turd.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it important that both Odighizuwa and Hill are set and ready to go. Like any defensive unit Dallas will rotate guys in and out of the game and if we can get to the point that you have no drop off then the better off we are.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes you are mistaken. Hill was the highest rated of all the DTs on the roster when he went down. Now given that the rest of them were ranked in the 90's around the league.. Hill may not have been great.. but he was the best of a bad lot before he got injured.
Hill was coming around.

He's simply one of the current whipping boys. Dude could get 12 sacks in a game and the whipmasters would downgrade him for some fleapickin' reason.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Consistent is not a comment on the *quality* of his play.

Osa will probably start at 3T in nickel because with Gallimore (and Hill) are out, Osa is all we've got as a pass rusher at 3T. That's a commentary of our lack of depth at DT, particularly for DT "rushmen".

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Consistent is not a comment on the *quality* of his play.

Osa will probably start at 3T in nickel because with Gallimore (and Hill) are out, Osa is all we've got as a pass rusher at 3T. That's a commentary of our lack of depth at DT, particularly for DT "rushmen".
I'll comment on his quality of play. He has been consistently good. Better than anything the Cowboys have seen at that position in years.

lk8701

Reaction score
Hill was coming around.

He's simply one of the current whipping boys. Dude could get 12 sacks in a game and the whipmasters would downgrade him for some fleapickin' reason.

confirmation bias about his predraft work ethic concerns.

lkelly

Reaction score
Hill was coming around.

So he could get 12 sacks but just chooses not to? I'd say that there's probably a fairly even prop bet that he never gets a sack in his career. But hey, great start, right?