Quick Brugler nugget on drafting QBs

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Imagine you are the Cleveland Browns and you have gone through more first round QBs than Dallas has drafted in the last 40 years. You had Joe Thomas for his entire career. You drafted DPOY Myles Garrett and have gotten 7 years out of him. As a cherry on top, you once had Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz on the coaching staff at the same time.

All this and you still are one of the worst franchises since the introduction of the salary cap. So maybe not any idiot...
Ask yourself how good was the Cleveland FO in those years?
Even the best QBs need a quality team.
Just look at our FO, they couldn’t build a team good enough to get either Dak or Romo over the hump.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My dude.....mid-tier vets are already making at or more than Dak is currently. You're either resigning Dak or drafting a QB
Kirk Cousins is at 45 per year. He wouldn't be my first choice, but for comparison, I'd much rather have him at 45 than Dak at...well, at 40.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The only QBs to win a Super Bowl since Dak was drafted are Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Matthew Stafford, and Patrick Mahomes. Just 4 of them. Only 2 of them were first round picks. Stafford was selected first overall but didn't win until he got to his second team. Mitchell Trubisky was the only QB taken ahead of Mahomes. I guess Mitchell Trubisky still has a chance to rewrite history but it seems unlikely he'll catch Mahomes.
The way you guys talk about QB wins and losses you could imagine football wasn’t a team sport.
Take a look at the team/coaching/FO that those four QBs played on.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ok......question
What QB in the 2025 draft are you giving up THREE 1st rounders to move up to 1st overall pick?

Remember this means you already let Dak walk w/o extension
You have to bring in a stop gap QB which should of been Darnold or Fields. Instead they bring in Lance who is so raw he shouldn't even be playing QB. Have to wait this year because most of these QBs coming in 2025 don't have a Trevor Lawrence or Caleb Williams or Andrew Luck. This question is always asked after the fact. I was saying a long time ago, do what ever it takes to get Luck. Same with Lawrence. Should of tried to trade up for Caleb Williams.

plasticman

Reaction score
....as opposed to the previous draft in 2021 in which all five #1 picks are still active.

This is also true for all #1 picks in 2020.

Ditto 2020, with the exception of the late Dwayne Haskins.