Quick Trey Lance Breakdown

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The problem is that he can't see and deliver to players downfield and it creates issues everywhere.

He missed, as in didn't see, the man downfield. If he did, he wouldn't have thrown the interception.
So, first, it was he doesn't go downfield?

Then you had to move the goal posts.

Then, it was he can't go downfield without turning it over?

Then you had to move the goal posts again.

And now it's he can't see downfield?

And that's because of missing one guy (who wasn't really downfield either) on one play.

I don't think even you know what you're trying to argue.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And that's because of missing one guy (who wasn't really downfield either) on one play.

He's a Master Post Mover.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

When he tries to go downfield, he doesn't see it, and it causes turnovers.

I said in my very first post it was ironic that most were on short passes. There's 50 reasons why that happens. Shut off.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When he tries to go downfield, he doesn't see it, and it causes turnovers.

I said in my very first post it was ironic that most were on short passes. There's 50 reasons why that happens. Shut off.
That. Makes. Zero. Sense.

Your argument/point makes zero logical sense.

When he did try to go downfield, he didn't have turnovers...so, therefore, he has turnovers when he tries to go downfield.
Completely backwards.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That. Makes. Zero. Sense.

Your argument/point makes zero logical sense.

When he did try to go downfield, he didn't have turnovers...so, therefore, he has turnovers when he tries to go downfield.
Completely backwards.
Two of the interceptions were on plays where he a) missed a downfield receiver) and b) missed a throw.

His inability to consistently find and deliver to players downfield is a problem when he's not immediately going to the short game. It manifests itself in turnovers, even if the throws are short, becuase the progressions to get to the short throws slow down the process.

This isn't complicated, but it's not as simple as short throw = short play design lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Two of the interceptions were on plays where he a) missed a downfield receiver) and b) missed a throw.

His inability to consistently find and deliver to players downfield is a problem when he's not immediately going to the short game. It manifests itself in turnovers, even if the throws are short, becuase the progressions to get to the short throws slow down the process.

This isn't complicated, but it's not as simple as short throw = short play design lol
It's amazing that you somehow conflate "missing a 'downfield' receiver" (who wasn't downfield) to him trying to go downfield. It's nonsensical.

It appears you don't know what you are discussing, and are just flailing about all over the place to do mental gymnastics to just avoid admitting your assessment was faulty.

You don't even look at the plays you're talking about.

Now you're trying to throw out "the progressions to get to the short throws slow down the process." You're just throwing crap against the wall. "Slowing down the process" wasn't the problem either...

Newsflash, we can see the plays too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
All This arguing over a guy who looked Mid all pre-season.

If he wasn’t a former top 5 pick and just traded for a 4th rounder nobody would care.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The only player open and it was for a second was the back in the flat. Everything else was covered. I will also say the WR depth sucks. The effort and speed of those routes were very underwhelming. Bad throw but jeez man the skill guys there are dog sheet.