Quick Trey Lance Breakdown

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He can't throw downfield. The fact that he's throwing picks short (which, to a degree is because he can't see downfield, like the first) is a problem lol.

I don't know what about that you disagree with
He went downfield quite successfully on Sunday.

You're trying to diminish that by highlighting issues that had nothing to do with going downfield.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did you ever play sports? Any time you are in the real environment, it is better than any practice.

Who's to say he couldn't lead an epic comeback like Frank Reich?
Yes, I played multiple sports. Fortunately for me I did not come off the bench in scrub time.

If you are a scrub, I would agree anytime is most likely developing time for you.

However, if Trance is a scrub he should not be on the roster. You are not going to develop into a starting NFL QB in scrub time.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were times the other night when I was watching him live that I saw something that I've seen a 100 other times in the NFL.

Unfortunately most of those QBs don't make it in the NFL.
He focuses so hard in a tight situation, he doesn't see other jerseys besides his target and the defender on him.
It's difficult.
Hope for the best

GMO415

Reaction score
Were you ever a QB or QB coach? In the NFL?
Im 50+++ years too and have seen my fair share of a lot of things. Most of them I would never to proclaim any sort of expertise on.

He definitely has NFL talent. The question is, can you correct his deficiencies. Accuracy being the most concerning and also the hardest to correct.
I don't like to admit the 49ers are right on anything, but they nailed this one.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He went downfield quite successfully on Sunday.

You're trying to diminish that by highlighting issues that had nothing to do with going downfield.
He didn't, because he had 5 INTs and two fumbles lol

The actual point of the INT doesn't matter, especially when INT #1 was the direct result of missing the downfield receiver.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He didn't, because he had 5 INTs and two fumbles lol

The actual point of the INT doesn't matter, especially when INT #1 was the direct result of missing the downfield receiver.
Your logic does not follow.
His ints does not negate the FACT that he did go down field on Saturday. It does not negate the FACT that he had quite a bit of success with it for the most part.
His INTS were not related to him going downfield, so you cannot relate the two.

You're trying to make a connection that is simply not there.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Your logic does not follow.
His ints does not negate the FACT that he did go down field on Saturday. It does not negate the FACT that he had quite a bit of success with it for the most part.
His INTS were not related to him going downfield, so you cannot relate the two.

You're trying to make a connection that is simply not there.
Was he more aggressive? Yes. Did he turn the ball over more? Yes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, I played multiple sports. Fortunately for me I did not come off the bench in scrub time.

If you are a scrub, I would agree anytime is most likely developing time for you.

However, if Trance is a scrub he should not be on the roster. You are not going to develop into a starting NFL QB in scrub time.
Kirk Cousins did.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
and two fumbles
why do you keep saying this? Did he fumble or were those team fumbles? I honestly don't remember him fumbling nor do I see it when I look at articles about his performance. As I said before though, I stopped watching with 8-10 minutes remaining.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
why do you keep saying this? Did he fumble or were those team fumbles? I honestly don't remember him fumbling nor do I see it when I look at articles about his performance. As I said before though, I stopped watching with 8-10 minutes remaining.
He did have two fumbles, luckily we recovered both of them. One he simply dropped the ball on a shotgun snap, the snap was fine, he just dropped it. The other was on an RPO, he was trying to pull the ball back from the RB to keep and fumbled it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
But the turnovers were not a result of the aggressiveness, or going down field.
Therefore, they are not related and your attempts to link the two fall flat on their face.
Nope. INT #1, was the result of MISSING the open man downfield. INT #5 was a pure missed throw downfield.

You are way too stuck in the minutiae and not the overarching point.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He did have two fumbles, luckily we recovered both of them. One he simply dropped the ball on a shotgun snap, the snap was fine, he just dropped it. The other was on an RPO, he was trying to pull the ball back from the RB to keep and fumbled it.
right. they were not lost though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But the turnovers were not a result of the aggressiveness, or going down field.
Therefore, they are not related and your attempts to link the two fall flat on their face.
They are worse. He just drop the ball for basically no reason at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nope. INT #1, was the result of MISSING the open man downfield. INT #5 was a pure missed throw downfield.

You are way too stuck in the minutiae and not the overarching point.
Missing the man downfield is not something that happens....WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWNFIELD. That should be obvious to everyone.

What is the overarching point? That you're making arguments that make no sense at all?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Missing the man downfield is not something that happens....WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWNFIELD. That should be obvious to everyone.

What is the overarching point? That you're making arguments that make no sense at all?
The problem is that he can't see and deliver to players downfield and it creates issues everywhere.

He missed, as in didn't see, the man downfield. If he did, he wouldn't have thrown the interception.