Twitter: Quiet lockerroom tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the heck has Mincey done to flap his gums besides hold out for more money then disappear?

He's showing leadership, which folks are always crying for, and standing before the media and answering the hard questions unlike others. Please note that these are the only quotes from a player showing up on twitter, aside from the random Witten quote. It's a minor thing, but it means something to me.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I think we beat Tampa Bay. Although a part of me really wishes we would just lose out for draft position. Unfortunately, we're going to win a bunch of meaningless games Once Romo returns and finish 7-9 or so. Such is life.

When Romo went down and I looked at the schedule, the TB game was the only one I felt good about because of Jameis Winston. My feelings about him and that game has changed. They won't beat TB, this team doesn't even know how to win anymore. The defense and the offense can never play well together. You're going to get a good performance from one of them and the other one is going to cost them the game.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I still feel the same as I did before the game. We have to be within 2 games of the division lead when Romo returns to have any chance to win the division. Giants now up 2.5 and Eagles up 2. That means we need to beat the Bucs next week and have the Patriots beat the Giants. 2.5 games or more is too much to overcome. That means we'd have to beat Miami to get within 2 games (NY has a BYE that week) and we'd still need to gain 2 games in the final 6. I don't see that happening. I can possibly see 2 games in the final 7 happening. 1 game would make me much more comfortable. I don't really see Philly losing to Miami next week though. We're really putting everything on Romo's shoulders. If I was him, I'd rather go to a different team than have all that weight on my 35-year old shoulders.

Please....stop....it's over....even with Romo, the way this defense can't get a stop when they have to, is evident that we will not win out when he returns. Face it, this season is over.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Wow, Barry Church is one delusional dude if he really made that quote, he must be hanging around Jerry Jones too often.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Please....stop....it's over....even with Romo, the way this defense can't get a stop when they have to, is evident that we will not win out when he returns. Fage it, this season is over.

Yeah, does no one remember Cowboys Football circa 2008-2013?

"Romo did it!! What a drive! Oops, never mind. We iced our kicker."

"Romo did it!! What a drive!" *Other team goes 90 yards in 50 seconds*

Rogah

Reaction score
I don't blame 'em. It was heartbreaking and is creating a situation that will be very difficult to overcome.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
He's showing leadership, which folks are always crying for, and standing before the media and answering the hard questions unlike others. Please note that these are the only quotes from a player showing up on twitter, aside from the random Witten quote. It's a minor thing, but it means something to me.

It really is hard to be leader when you arent even a starter

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Dale said:
Yeah, does no one remember Cowboys Football circa 2008-2013?

"Romo did it!! What a drive! Oops, never mind. We iced our kicker."

"Romo did it!! What a drive!" *Other team goes 90 yards in 50 seconds*

Exactly Dale! Based on everything that has happened in the last 8 years I can't understand why anyone would hold out hope of winning 7 games straight. I can honestly say, the next time I feel optimistic about this teams success, it will be 1 minute after our next SB victory....and that doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Exactly Dale! Based on everything that has happened in the last 8 years I can't understand why anyone would hold out hope of winning 7 games straight. I can honestly say, the next time I feel optimistic about this teams success, it will be 1 minute after our next SB victory....and that doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

And some of us can't understand why anyone would give up on the season before we're mathematically eliminated. I suppose it's a defense mechanism to just quit instead of holding out hope, but it certainly isn't an attitude that I would want from any team or person that I'm associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.