Quietly our biggest draft need

KingRah

Reaction score
in the 2nd, we need a Tight end. Dak isn't good enough to get buy on solid weapons. He needs elite weapons.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I’d draft another , but give chido a another chance. Just don’t hand the job to him. He has the physical skills. If he located the ball fastsr, he gets more ints, and deflections. Better technique will make his job easier.
Agreed, at worst Chido could be a nickel/slot corner and take reps away from penalty machine Anthony Brown.

KingRah

Reaction score
Agreed, at worst Chido could be a nickel/slot corner and take reps away from penalty machine Anthony Brown.
Chido only has about a year of starting under his belt. I wouldn't give up on him yet. I said replace out of frustration, but he has something to work with. You just owe it to the team to bring in another corner to compete with him. As far as brown, he quietly has the best ball skills of all of the corners. He just doesn't cover as well. He's our fastest corner he and Byron and he does get picks sometimes. He needs to have better technique. Maybe he'll improve. Maybe he is what he is. Chido needs to study elite corners and work on locating the ball faster. Byron can turn around late and still make a play because of his length.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This team will never take a 1 technique high in the draft. I do agree that we need to look hard at DTs. 3 tech is a possibility high.

TE is the most glaring need. OT is a surprise need.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This team will never take a 1 technique high in the draft. I do agree that we need to look hard at DTs. 3 tech is a possibility high.

TE is the most glaring need. OT is a surprise need.

Which will keep us from ever being an elite D.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Don't see that the team has a "biggest" need, like the 1991 team obviously had a biggest need for a dominant pass rusher to put the team "over the top".

Agree with the need for tight end, offensive line and a defensive tackle. But for me all of those are equal in need, you can have the most elite quarterback in the world but if he gets smashed 10 times a game he's not going to be effective. You can have the best defensive tackle in the world but if the offense can't score but 14 pts a game you're not going to win a lot. You can have a great tight end but if the defense gives up 30 pts a game you're not going to be able to out-score every team.

Barring trading for or somehow getting a first round pick next year it's going to be somewhat easy to make the second round pick next year, just get your highest rated player, be it any of the 3 needs, any of them will help this team...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
picking in the 50s almost demands a BPA approach.

I also see Jerry moving up, especially with the national ABC coverage.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't see that the team has a "biggest" need, like the 1991 team obviously had a biggest need for a dominant pass rusher to put the team "over the top".

Agree with the need for tight end, offensive line and a defensive tackle. But for me all of those are equal in need, you can have the most elite quarterback in the world but if he gets smashed 10 times a game he's not going to be effective. You can have the best defensive tackle in the world but if the offense can't score but 14 pts a game you're not going to win a lot. You can have a great tight end but if the defense gives up 30 pts a game you're not going to be able to out-score every team.

Barring trading for or somehow getting a first round pick next year it's going to be somewhat easy to make the second round pick next year, just get your highest rated player, be it any of the 3 needs, any of them will help this team...
All true. However, if you don't get a middle push on D, Brady/Brees/Goff/Rodgers/Maholmes/ETC will be effective and your chances of winning plummet.

If needs are the same, then select the position that increases your likelihood of beating playoff teams. That would be DT.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Chido only has about a year of starting under his belt. I wouldn't give up on him yet. I said replace out of frustration, but he has something to work with. You just owe it to the team to bring in another corner to compete with him. As far as brown, he quietly has the best ball skills of all of the corners. He just doesn't cover as well. He's our fastest corner he and Byron and he does get picks sometimes. He needs to have better technique. Maybe he'll improve. Maybe he is what he is. Chido needs to study elite corners and work on locating the ball faster. Byron can turn around late and still make a play because of his length.

I agree. Brown is probably maxed out as a late round guy but him and heath are the only ones that can catch.

DanA

Reaction score
Swap out:
Lee for Earl Thomas
Crawford for Grady Jarrett

That probably only costs us 8m of cap space.

Cut Hurns, TW and Beasley and go draft a starting TE and some depth WR’s.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'm going with Tight End. We need a safety, and o-line depth. We might even need a wr or corner, but I won't pick them. The number one job of any team is the help their qb. I don't believe in dak, but he's going to be here. Get him a good tight end to go with Zeke, Cooper, and Gallup, and Dak has everything he needs to compete. This is important for his confidence going forward. What do you all think?
After watching the Texans beat the Titans - two teams we should’ve beaten - it became painfully obvious we need DT talent. Not depth or rotation players but true talent. We don’t have anybody like #95 for the Texans. S next then TE 3rd.

cnuball21

Reaction score
All true. However, if you don't get a middle push on D, Brady/Brees/Goff/Rodgers/Maholmes/ETC will be effective and your chances of winning plummet.

If needs are the same, then select the position that increases your likelihood of beating playoff teams. That would be DT.

Good news K, this is arguably the best draft for DTs I’m the last decade...absolutely loaded.

Like I said, we could probably get a 1st round talent with our 2nd round pick. Think we’ll be smart enough to pull the trigger or draft an injured TE?

Hardline

Reaction score
I would like to trade for Cameron Brate in Tampa if the opportunity presents itself and cross TE off your draft list.
Then do as some of you are saying. Draft interior defensive lineman.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’m thinking backup 2 OL by 5th.

Tyron’s health is a concern every year and center you don’t know.

The Realist

Reaction score

We got middle push all night Thursday vs the Saints with street free agents for the most part, although the Lewis pick was because Collins was in Brees’ face.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We got middle push all night Thursday vs the Saints with street free agents for the most part, although the Lewis pick was because Collins was in Brees’ face.

DT unit played well against NO, but that hasn’t been the norm the last few years.

KingRah

Reaction score
Swap out:
Lee for Earl Thomas
Crawford for Grady Jarrett

That probably only costs us 8m of cap space.

Cut Hurns, TW and Beasley and go draft a starting TE and some depth WR’s.
t will is gone.