Quincy Butler never had a chance...

fortdick

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Who do you listen to?

Missed that.

Aside from 60s and 70s rock (death to Disco!) Gillian Welch, Dan Tyminski, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, Lucinda Williams, Jerry Garcia's acoustic stuff, Peter Rowan, and most the newgrass stuff. I fell in love with bluegrass while playing baseball in Phoenix. There was a little bar near ASU that had a bluegrass band. It drew the college crowd and was a live place.

Maybe Quincy and I will go back now that he has time.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fortdick said:
Missed that.

Aside from 60s and 70s rock (death to Disco!) Gillian Welch, Dan Tyminski, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, Lucinda Williams, Jerry Garcia's acoustic stuff, Peter Rowan, and most the newgrass stuff. I fell in love with bluegrass while playing baseball in Phoenix. There was a little bar near ASU that had a bluegrass band. It drew the college crowd and was a live place.

Maybe Quincy and I will go back now that he has time.

Ever listen to Clarence "gatermouth" brown.

Blues guitarist who is a little more upbeat and plays multiple instruments.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Quincy has to say the D28 is the most copied model of guitar ever made. That tells you something. Nothing is as real as the rosewood D28, or, if you like dressy, the HD28. Personally, I have the D35. I already have a custom D28 knockoff made by a little company called Aspen that is about 30 years old. It is such a sweet guitar that I didn't need a D28. The D35 has a strong bass and is louder than the 28.

Quincy doesn't mind a Mex Fender. Doesn;t matter what you play as long as it is through a tube amp. Everything sounds great then.

Hmmmm...food for thought.

I have a Dove...an SJ200 (talk about LOUD)...the Taylor 614 and I could take aspects of each one of those to make the perfect acoustic but each one, on it's own, leaves a bit to be desired.

I also picked up a nice Ovation because I just love that sound when plugged in direct.

I guess I should go check out the D28... I love the look of the sunburst model.

fortdick

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ever listen to Clarence "gatermouth" brown.

Blues guitarist who is a little more upbeat and plays multiple instruments.

Not yet, but will look him up. Maybe download some stuff from Musicmatch. Thanks. Quincy says thx too.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fortdick said:
Not yet, but will look him up. Maybe download some stuff from Musicmatch. Thanks. Quincy says thx too.

Since you like bluegrass some you may like him.

More blues and somewhat of a zydeco feel but still a very impressive player considering he is playing guitar, piano and the fiddle.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
fortdick said:

I'm damn proud of ya for all the Quincy references which keep this thread on target.

:)

Doyle Dykes? Have you heard him?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hmmmm...food for thought.

I have a Dove...an SJ200 (talk about LOUD)...the Taylor 614 and I could take aspects of each one of those to make the perfect acoustic but each one, on it's own, leaves a bit to be desired.

I also picked up a nice Ovation because I just love that sound when plugged in direct.
I guess I should go check out the D28... I love the look of the sunburst model.

Sweetest sounding Guitar on the market. The overtones are immaculate.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:

My wife's grandfather is thinking about getting some Al Jolsen tapes...if he gets them do you want me to make you a copy?

:p: ;)

On a serious note, do you play a little guitar?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I agree.

Coach Parcells had it out for him from day one.

He does that to players he doesn't like. It must make him feel like a big man.

Bigger than he is.

That is a bunch of BS Parcells has shown with every other position that he doesnt care where u were drafted etc. it is all about acquiring the best players possible. A lot of people were so sure Henson was all that they have to blame BP instead of admitting they were wrong.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday said:
That is a bunch of BS Parcells has shown with every other position that he doesnt care where u were drafted etc. it is all about acquiring the best players possible. A lot of people were so sure Henson was all that they have to blame BP instead of admitting they were wrong.

Check the batteries in your Sarcasm detector.

He was joking.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
My wife's grandfather is thinking about getting some Al Jolsen tapes...if he gets them do you want me to make you a copy?

Who do you think recorded them in the first place? :D

fortdick

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

They are sweet plugged in. I had one once, loaned it to my daughter. She went to work at a resort in Yosemite one summer and left it in the trunk of her car. Bowed the neck too much to ever play again.

:mad: :banghead:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Who do you think recorded them in the first place? :D

:laugh2:

Her grandfather really has talked about ordering some of those tapes.

Funny thing is I got him a Roy Rogers CD but have not given it to him yet.

Sometimes I watch those old Roy Rogers shows with him and both get a good laugh at the cleanest cowboy ever.:laugh2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:

Bernie Williams plays one...and it sounds beautiful. It's crap for anything else but leads.

I was surprised that his album is as good as it is.

Evenin' Santiago.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
fortdick said:
They are sweet plugged in. I had one once, loaned it to my daughter. She went to work at a resort in Yosemite one summer and left it in the trunk of her car. Bowed the neck too much to ever play again.

:mad: :banghead:

Well then it was good for the blues. :D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Of Course I would :D

Would you like tapes of Benny Goodman, Dorsey, and many others from the "The Big Band Era" ? Now that was music. :D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Check the batteries in your Sarcasm detector.

He was joking.

LOL guess I need a recharge. Just getting a bit tired of all the BP had it out for him posts.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Bernie Williams plays one...and it sounds beautiful. It's crap for anything else but leads.

I was surprised that his album is as good as it is.

Evenin' Santiago.

Evening Juke

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Of Course I would :D

Would you like tapes of Benny Goodman, Dorsey, and many others from the "The Big Band Era" ? Now that was music. :D

Throw in some Glenn Miller and you got a deal.

I actually do like big band music.

I also like the crooners.

I am a sinatra man but Juke likes Deano more.