Quincy?

WarC

Reaction score
Isn't Quincy an arena league QB somewhere? The Louisana Battlewings or somesuch?

Coy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2378603 said:
I don't know why Quincy name is coming up, Carter had his shot here and blew it and this team does not need another head case to deal with. Carter days thankfully came to an end no need to go back down that road.

As I undertood it, it was just for the sake or argument not really thinking we should bring Q back.

Aven8

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2378603 said:
I don't know why Quincy name is coming up, Carter had his shot here and blew it and this team does not need another head case to deal with. Carter days thankfully came to an end no need to go back down that road.

The whole point of my post Doomsday was how our offese looks like we did when Qcar played for us. It was never about Quincy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aven8;2378628 said:
The whole point of my post Doomsday was how our offese looks like we did when Qcar played for us. It was never about Quincy.

My mistake. I knew at the start of the year that Carter went to Miami and was worked out and they did not sign the guy. As for what the offense looked like it did not look very good and at times was down right awful.

WarC

Reaction score
I just looked it up. Quincy Carter is the starting QB of the "Kansas City Brigade" of the AFL.

Actually a step up from the Shreveport Battlewings of the af2.

His meteor is back on the rise, folks!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Mansta54;2376398 said:
Sorry man!! I've been watching the Boyz for over 30yrs and I can't ever remember seeing such a awful performance at QB like I saw today and that includes Q...

Did you see the Babe play?

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Sorry guys, we are quite happy to have Quincy Carter playing for us. You can't have him back.
Johnson gives you a better shot at beating the Giants than Bollinger.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Aven8;2378628 said:

:huh: Not about Quincy........

Thread titled "Quincy".........

OH! I get.............

Nope, nope, no I don't..........

Reaction score
What I can't believe is this whole conversation. Who cares who was worse? The point is, both were & are aweful. I thought the same thing about the points Romo would have put up. That overthrow to a wide open TO had TD written all over it. You can blow all that hot air about the QB not being in sinc with his WRs, but that was a throw most college QBs would make, no problem--without practicing w/him before hand. BJ was SO bad, it made my teeth hurt.

I really don't see how we can win against a Giants team with him. Their defense is just too good. Bollinger might lose it for us by making mistakes, sure. I hope Wade continues his playing to win instead of not to lose on the offensive side of the ball next week like he did with his defense this week. You can't just "manage" the game with them. Just ask Ben Rothlesberger. They totally closed down the Steelers in the second half yesterday, and he's one of the best. What do you think they'll do to BJ? We need a QB who can move & also actually hit a moving target.

You have to give this team credit. To win with that kind of offense, two of your best offensive players out in Romo & F. Jones, along w/ the rest of the players out or injured. Props to the entire "D", & "Mean Streak" Columbo for firing up the troops.....oh, can't forget the hit punter Sam Paulescu laid on the return man on the first (of many) punt. That got the whole place rockin'.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
For good or for ill (and there were a lot of both), Quincy made plays.

The comeback wins against the Giants and Panthers were awesome.

But the idea he could just walk through the doors pick up a playbook and outplay someone who was in training camp or has been with the team for a month is ludicrous.

Ultimately, we do need a new #2 for next year. BJ has shown he cannot be a fill-in #1 type QB. Brad Johnson is exactly the kind of QB we need at #2, but he needs to be 36, not 40, and have arm enough to throw 20 yards downfield.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I remember correctly Quincy could throw the deep pretty damn good. Actually, he was throwing to Bucc's receivers Bryant and Galloway. I'd love to have that option out there. A deep ball threat.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Quincy wasn't cut for bad QB play; he was cut for being an addict. He wasn't as bad a QB as some of you try to make him out to be.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Aven8;2376250 said:
Does this offense look like he's still back there or what? Waiting for the defense to save the day!

The game is still, and always will be, all about the quarterback.

For all you guys bagging on Romo about turnovers....I would have taken a pick and a fumble today to have him out there. We would have scored 40 points on this team IMO.

Anyway...stoked about the win....and can't wait for the calvery to return!!!!

Just because Johnson sucks doesn't mean that Romo shouldn't work on protecting the ball.

2 turnovers in the playoffs is a good way to start heading home.

JRid21

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2379352 said:
Quincy wasn't cut for bad QB play; he was cut for being an addict. He wasn't as bad a QB as some of you try to make him out to be.

Agree, add to the fact it was reported he was/is also bipolar and I have some sympathy for the guy. He actually played pretty good when he stepped in for the Jets a few years back.