Twitter: Quinn on defense: We're deep and we're going to roll hard

Blackrain

Reaction score
They will have to carry the team.

Do you think they're that caliber of defense? I don't.
I don't know if the defense is quite good enough to carry the team but I do think they have improved.

I feel our defensive tackles will be able to stop the run better.
I feel we have a stud group of linebackers and our pass rushers should be able to get pressure with Micah being the x Factor who is all over the field causing havoc.
The secondary although having given up a lot of yards last year I feel should be able to more than hold its own this year.

If the front office had addressed the offensive line better in free agency and the coaching staff could discipline these guys not to get penalized as much we could win a game in the playoffs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I want to see from this defense, and hopefully from jump, is whenever they get the opponent in:

3rd & 6
3rd & 9
3rd & 15

--situations, that they consistently stop the opposing offense from converting the down.

Get their offense off the field.

Get yours back on the field.

Hopefully, that is what Quinn & Co. brings in 2022.

shabazz

Reaction score
All I want to see from this defense, and hopefully from jump, is whenever they get the opponent in:

3rd & 6
3rd & 9
3rd & 15

--situations, that they consistently stop the opposing offense from converting the down.

I would add, not getting that ridiculous penalty like phantom roughing the passer, etc, that negates holding them on 3rd……it’s going to be a challenge

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I don't think we are far off.

Could have done with Joseph stepping up to make me feel better about things.

If Williams can have a "solid" rookie season, we are in with a chance of having a 3 and out D.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think they're close. I pray that they are so that Dak lead the defense to a championship

If they start by putting Brady on his butt couple of times in the 1st quarter ( without flags , of course) , we’ll know.

Jipper

Reaction score

3rd & 6
3rd & 9
3rd & 15

1000X ...this has been the worst part of the last decade watching this team...they always seem to let the opponent convert when they should be getting off the field.

If this team can actually rise up on defense, get stops, turnovers and keep the offense humming it will really let dak and the team get into rythmn. What i worry about, esp early in the year, is the offense having a lot of quick series and not being able to get into a rhythm.