Twitter: Quinn on defense: We're deep and we're going to roll hard

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All I want to see from this defense, and hopefully from jump, is whenever they get the opponent in:

3rd & 6
3rd & 9
3rd & 15

--situations, that they consistently stop the opposing offense from converting the down.

Get their offense off the field.

Get yours back on the field.

Hopefully, that is what Quinn & Co. brings in 2022.

They went from like 29 percent on 3rd downs in 2020 to 49 percent in 2021, I think it was.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They will have to carry the team.

Do you think they're that caliber of defense? I don't.

In some games, but the league is heavily slanted toward offense, so there's no way we're not going to have to score in the 20s and 30s at times to win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The next challenge for this defence is to be able to manage the game when playing against a wily vet like Tom Brady.

If he sees excessive rotation on the DL, then I would not be surprised to see him go to a "hurry up" offence and stop the Cowboys from making substitutions.

The team has to be prepared for those QBs who are almost like offensive coordinators on the field. They can make play calls while coming up to the line and run our players down.
Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing any QB catch our defense with their pants down last season, the way it used to happen so...well, I wouldn't say 'frequently', but more often than it should have happened.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
With a deep rotation this defense should get better as the year goes on. Fresh legs or less wear and tear... how ever you want to look at it.

Big D

Reaction score
All I want to see from this defense, and hopefully from jump, is whenever they get the opponent in:

3rd & 6
3rd & 9
3rd & 15

--situations, that they consistently stop the opposing offense from converting the down.

Get their offense off the field.

Get yours back on the field.

Hopefully, that is what Quinn & Co. brings in 2022.
We had those situations last year and most of them were converted due to penalty.

Verdict

Reaction score
Very recently we had a defense that set records for all time ineptitude. Quinn took a rag tag squad and turned them into a playmaking unit. They have drafted to get better and added a vet like Anthony Barr. Are they a lockdown defense? Maybe not quite. Are they a group that make things easier for the offense? Absolutely.

ANd don't sleep on the addition of Turpin...he is a gamechanger in the return game.
Turpin may be a game changer across the board.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
They will have to carry the team.

Do you think they're that caliber of defense? I don't.

I think they could be very, very good. If they can keep offenses to a 17 point average, then the likely decline in offense can be overcome.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Opposing teams will be running the no-huddle offense trying to prevent the Dallas rotation. Need to teach a few guys to take a fall and fake an injury like the Giants like to do.

Adreme

Reaction score
If Cowboys added a DT like Suh, that change your mind?

Maybe the Suh of 5 years ago and then maybe if they also added a couple good LBs to go with and then maybe they could be a top 5 unit. As it stands now they are a couple good players, a couple large holes, and some mediocrity in most of the unit which is how you get an average defense.