Twitter: Quinn on Jaylon Smith: "excellent" to coach

RS12

Reaction score
Quinn knows the score. This is one of Jerry's guys. If he finished the sentence it would be: Excellent to coach if only he stuck to and performed assignments.

bark

Reaction score
Hell coach, put me in. I’m easy to coach. Not remotely close to a nfl caliber linebacker so jaylon and I have that in common.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Translation:. "I can't cut him because Jerry's paying him a ton of money. He's a pretty good guy, and I've got to find something he can do."

What useful guy is going to get cut because they have to keep Jaylon?

I think a better translation is “shoot I better say something positive so we can get a draft pick in a trade”.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder what Jalon Smith would be used for, other than special teams.

If that's his gig, it likely stands to reason that he'd be the most expensive one ever. :oops:

Perhaps Dan Quinn has something else in mind to utilize him to advantage?! H-m-m.

ShortRound

Reaction score
It's like a used car salesman trying to sell you that last green broken car on the lot. "She's got wheels at least."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posting to show The Star has a different view of him than many fans

Since this was the player to call out Nolan's scheme early on, he's a good choice for Quinn to tap in on.

And that's not a rap on Smith, someone had to speak out about how they were being coached and set up. Some might say "why not handle that through the back channels of the team" but the GM pays attention more to the media.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sideways or downhill. I don’t want to see Jaylon on the field for 90% of passing downs or whatever the stat was like last year. He can’t turn and I’ve never seen a guy so desperate to jump in front of the camera and celebrate a minor play like him.

You wouldnt know a good linebacker of you saw one. You have been touting Jaylon for years and predicted a big bounce back year. You have also been telling us all how great LVE is in pass coverage. Another laughable claim.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't help but wonder what Jalon Smith would be used for, other than special teams.

If that's his gig, it likely stands to reason that he'd be the most expensive one ever. :oops:

Perhaps Dan Quinn has something else in mind to utilize him to advantage?! H-m-m.
He was used as a swiss army knife by ND, pass rusher, pass coverage and not on just RB's and TE's but WR's as well, as well as policing the middle of the field.

He was a top 6 pick coming out before that bowl game and there were more than a few that thought someone might move up and take him with the 1st pick. He was a force for ND and the times I watched him, he was impressive.

I do not know the impact of the injury but I do think he was one of those head and shoulders above the competition in college but that did not translate to the NFL. When the other players got better and were just as fast, his edge was gone.

His career as a Cowboy so far is the only reason I am not over the top about Parsons. I do think he is special, possibly very special, but I thought the same about Smith and actually fist pumped when they called his name. I also bought the doctor's opinion on that drop foot and think that was a sales job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
totally with you catch…I think he’s a perfect situational pass rusher that you aim at the qb and fire

Jaylon is afraid of Olineman and the line of scrimmage. Whatever 6 sacks he had a few years ago was pure luck. The guy loses against dummy sleds. How is he going to get through 330 pound human beings?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
..he held is own last night. Was around the ball many times. Perhaps, Quinn knows how bring out his imperfections?

You mean he would run in and touch the guy after he was down? THAT kind of around the ball?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You wouldnt know a good linebacker of you saw one. You have been touting Jaylon for years and predicted a big bounce back year. You have also been telling us all how great LVE is in pass coverage. Another laughable claim.

Cowboyroy says all the time how great Zeke is and how much Dak sucks. I get so tired of him saying these things. It gets old. His obsession with Andy Dalton last year was really weird too.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You mean he would run in and touch the guy after he was down? THAT kind of around the ball?
I believe thats how he collected hos one tackle last night, came in late and tapped the guy on the shoulder pad with his hands as he was going down........Ill give him this, he is entertaining to watch dancing around in space out there...

Mannix

Reaction score
Sideways or downhill. I don’t want to see Jaylon on the field for 90% of passing downs or whatever the stat was like last year. He can’t turn and I’ve never seen a guy so desperate to jump in front of the camera and celebrate a minor play like him.

Still can't believe the clip someone posted last week where she physically pulled her teammate out of the way to get positioned more in front of the camera.....we see what is most important to this idiot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Still can't believe the clip someone posted last week where she physically pulled his teammate out of the way to get positioned more in front of the camera.....we see what is most important to this joke of a player.

He went from the most likable player on the team to not being able to stand.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This is like if a person asks you lf sum1 is attractive in front of them. and you wanna be nice, so you say they have a good personaltiy