Twitter: Quinn on Jaylon Smith: "excellent" to coach

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Its all fake. He knows he sucks and is just trying to get in on the action to fake as if he is doing something. Its why he draws so much attention to himself when he does actually do something. And when another guy makes a play he goes right over and starts dancing and whooping it up as if he was right there. Its all an act. Just like Garrett was an act.

He is a smart dude. Knows he sucks and just wants to string out that big payday.
I hate to say I think I see the same thing.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Posting to show The Star has a different view of him than many fans

Of course he is excellent to his coach.

In 2021 they will sit on the bench a lot during games and Jaylon will educate Quinn in how to establish his Name as a brand and how to merchandise it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He's afraid of contact period.
Just watch his dancing feet. He's trying to figure out how to go where he wants with as little contact as possible.

Wasted movement every single snap and then movement that ends up being a waste anyways.

And I was a huge fan a few years ago.

His useless dancing at the snap and before a tackle is a little frustrating.
Hes not afraid of contact i dont think he can plant and explode of that foot. Everytime he takes on a blocker that bad foot is never planted on the ground. I dont know medically what the deal is whether he cant "feel" it with the nerve damage or its mental. Its why he had so much trouble in practice when he was hittin the machine and couldnt generate enough explosion to lift the pads. I mean the guy is 235 and jacked he has the strength everywhere else, hes just tryin on 1 leg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sideways or downhill. I don’t want to see Jaylon on the field for 90% of passing downs or whatever the stat was like last year. He can’t turn and I’ve never seen a guy so desperate to jump in front of the camera and celebrate a minor play like him.
Bur he's the highest paid at his position and should get reps.

LOL...busted.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hes not afraid of contact i dont think he can plant and explode of that foot. Everytime he takes on a blocker that bad foot is never planted on the ground. I dont know medically what the deal is whether he cant "feel" it with the nerve damage or its mental. Its why he had so much trouble in practice when he was hittin the machine and couldnt generate enough explosion to lift the pads. I mean the guy is 235 and jacked he has the strength everywhere else, hes just tryin on 1 leg
It's amazing what he has accomplished but we have to face facts.

erod

Reaction score
totally with you catch…I think he’s a perfect situational pass rusher that you aim at the qb and fire
As a pure pass rusher, he's about 8th or 9th on the team.

Unfortunately, it's the only thing he can kind of do.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah, I phrased that wrong, I think.
He's not afraid of it, he just knows his limitations and he seeks to avoid having to "go there".

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Everyone bagging on Jaylon is forgetting that the NFL is an entertainment business first and sport second. Can’t blame a guy for trying to maximize his marketing value and setting himself up for the future. Well you can but it doesn’t do any good. Everyone knows he’s declined since his one good year in 2018 and it’s knee related - him as well. Jerry got burned on his extension (as he often does) but Jerry gets that this is an entertainment business first and foremost as well as anyone. What else can you do but spin and hope to sell a few more jerseys?

stinkface

Reaction score
Lots of folks who ride the pine are excellent to coach. They just don't have talent required not to be riding the pine. PS. I remember a guy in high school (Linebacker) who worked on his upper body all the time and was amazingly strong and ran fast. However he always got blown out of the hole because he had zero lower body strength. Bird legs is what everyone called him back then. Jaylon post injury plays like that guy did. Unblocked he was amazing, however any blocker could flat out stone him.