Twitter: Quinn on Jaylon Smith: "excellent" to coach

terra

Reaction score
It would be extremely amusing to see Jaylon bounce back and play at a Pro Bowl level. Several posters here would probably commit suicide.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Excellent to coach" is the "perfect attendance" of pro football. It's the kind of thing you say to avoid talking about the player's play.
Yep. Translation: I don't have anything positive to say about his talent or his field play. But he sure is a joy to coach. Coaches said the same thing about Rudy and Tebow.

Jarntt

Reaction score
..he held is own last night. Was around the ball many times. Perhaps, Quinn knows how bring out his imperfections?
I didn’t see a lot of the game so I can only make one comment. If you recorded the game, Watch Jaylon on the 1st and 10 from the 12 yard line on the first drive. He was blocked one on one by a TE and completely manhandled and blown out of the play and 8 yards downfield. Maybe he got better as the game went on but he has looked even worse this preseason than he did last year. I hope I’m wrong

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would be a nice strategy if they are planning to trade him at some point :)
I don't think anyone will trade for him, he won't get cut, either. Coach him up! Send him after the QB, rush him up the middle and run stints where he can take a blocker from another player.

conner01

Reaction score
Whether starting or providing depth we need Jaylon.
I don’t know if we need him but we have to pay him so he’s extremely likely to be here in a much smaller role
I have no doubt he’s a great guy just over paid for his production

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I didn’t see a lot of the game so I can only make one comment. If you recorded the game, Watch Jaylon on the 1st and 10 from the 12 yard line on the first drive. He was blocked one on one by a TE and completely manhandled and blown out of the play and 8 yards downfield. Maybe he got better as the game went on but he has looked even worse this preseason than he did last year. I hope I’m wrong

I noted the same thing during the game thread; he got manhandled on the play you mentioned and just moved out of the way.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Seems like a team player and good locker room guy, so it doesn't surprise me at that Quinn describes him that way. It's a shame that that's not enough to keep him on the field because his play has been abysmal.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What does "excellent to coach" even mean? Is this a compliment? Nowhere did he mention his talent level. And I would hope he is being used differently i.e. much much less. We drafted his replacement. He is done here.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jaylon is afraid of Olineman and the line of scrimmage. Whatever 6 sacks he had a few years ago was pure luck. The guy loses against dummy sleds. How is he going to get through 330 pound human beings?
He's afraid of contact period.
Just watch his dancing feet. He's trying to figure out how to go where he wants with as little contact as possible.

Wasted movement every single snap and then movement that ends up being a waste anyways.

And I was a huge fan a few years ago.

His useless dancing at the snap and before a tackle is a little frustrating.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboyroy says all the time how great Zeke is and how much Dak sucks. I get so tired of him saying these things. It gets old. His obsession with Andy Dalton last year was really weird too.

L

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I believe thats how he collected hos one tackle last night, came in late and tapped the guy on the shoulder pad with his hands as he was going down........Ill give him this, he is entertaining to watch dancing around in space out there...

I saw it, you saw it. JUST so he could get his half a tackle stat. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's afraid of contact period.
Just watch his dancing feet. He's trying to figure out how to go where he wants with as little contact as possible.

Wasted movement every single snap and then movement that ends up being a waste anyways.

And I was a huge fan a few years ago.

His useless dancing at the snap and before a tackle is a little frustrating.

Its all fake. He knows he sucks and is just trying to get in on the action to fake as if he is doing something. Its why he draws so much attention to himself when he does actually do something. And when another guy makes a play he goes right over and starts dancing and whooping it up as if he was right there. Its all an act. Just like Garrett was an act.

He is a smart dude. Knows he sucks and just wants to string out that big payday.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboyroy says all the time that when he says L he really means W so what I’m saying is actually true to him cause that’s what he always says always.

Jason Garrett and Andy Dalton!!!!!

Your dream QB/HC combo.

All your dreams destroyed in 1 year. And you were left to babble..........................

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we will be mediocre for the next 10 years!!!!....................WAAAAAA!!!!"

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: