Quinn on stopping Tush Push

Ken

Reaction score
I’m not going to argue with you. If you don’t understand how much leverage a person can get with their legs STATIONARY, much less moving, I don’t know what to say.

You aren’t the guy in front of him, so it’s impossible for you to imagine how much force he can exert just leaning on the guy in front of him and pushing with his legs. I’m sure it feels like a small car is pushing forward. I guarantee me or you aren’t getting that yard or two.
Here is a great analysis of the play. In the video, Krollman admits that he used to think it was all Hurts' strength but then he says he has changed that stance because he noticed that half the time Hurts is off the ground bc his players have lifted him up and over.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The advantage Philly has over other teams is the combination of their center and QB being so damn strong.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The advantage Philly has over other teams is the combination of their center and QB being so damn strong.
With a bum knee, I don’t know how effective Hurts will be at it. It didn’t seem to be that effective last week. I would be very worried and on the lookout for a pass off of it.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Here is a great analysis of the play. In the video, Krollman admits that he used to think it was all Hurts' strength but then he says he has changed that stance because he noticed that half the time Hurts is off the ground bc his players have lifted him up and over.

Dude, they show three examples in the first 30 seconds where Hurts has his feet firmly on the ground and is plowing hard behind his line. I’m not saying that’s how the play works every time, but it’s WAY more than ‘half the time’ in half the examples shown in that video.

Ken

Reaction score
Dude, they show three examples in the first 30 seconds where Hurts has his feet firmly on the ground and is plowing hard behind his line. I’m not saying that’s how the play works every time, but it’s WAY more than ‘half the time’ in half the examples shown in that video.
I quoted what he said.

I don't know if it is half...but I have seen it enough to know it isn't all him.

Ken

Reaction score
Interesting because the video I posted above gives credit to the LG and LT.

Obviously Kelce is great too but that analyst felt it was those two.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Interesting because the video I posted above gives credit to the LG and LT.

Obviously Kelce is great too but that analyst felt it was those two.
Sure, I'm sure those two have a big part too but it all starts with the center and QB.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I quoted what he said.

I don't know if it is half...but I have seen it enough to know it isn't all him.
I never said it was all him. He has the best Oline in the league, and his contribution with his very powerful legs makes the play what it is. Other teams have tried to copy If, but they can’t copy with something they don’t have, which is a massive amount of force off the snap. If defenses didn’t know it was coming, they could run that play on 1st and 2nd downs and have 3rd and short (<5 yards) virtually every time.

Doesn’t matter. We’re winning tomorrow. That’s all I care about.

Reactions: Ken