Quinn today

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just watching Navy vs ND. By the way, Navy is no pushover. They are a good team. I saw quinn make two plays that DB could not make. Mobility is part of it- but the other part is looking the whole field over. On a blitz he made a great pass to a TE on 4th down, making the correct hot read and putting the pass with touch right to him. On the other, he was pressured, rolled out, saw his WR one on one in the corner on about the 3 yd line, and throws another touch pass on the run to the WR who was coverd on the inside- to his outside, low and away, so that only the WR had a shot at it. He caught the ball by stretching out and falling into the end zone for the TD.

cowboys19

Reaction score
burmafrd;1122939 said:
Just watching Navy vs ND. By the way, Navy is no pushover. They are a good team. I saw quinn make two plays that DB could not make. Mobility is part of it- but the other part is looking the whole field over. On a blitz he made a great pass to a TE on 4th down, making the correct hot read and putting the pass with touch right to him. On the other, he was pressured, rolled out, saw his WR one on one in the corner on about the 3 yd line, and throws another touch pass on the run to the WR who was coverd on the inside- to his outside, low and away, so that only the WR had a shot at it. He caught the ball by stretching out and falling into the end zone for the TD.

He is good, but we wont be able to get him unless we give up a few draft picks

burmafrd

Reaction score
You want to watch a team with discipline, look at Navy. any mistakes made are really inadvertant, accidental; no mental screwups, etc. Extremely well coached. Of course the discipline part is easier there due to being a service academy, but still.

Mansta54

Reaction score
After the next 3 games, this board won't be talking about any other QB except ROMO.. The kid can play, he's the real deal!!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mansta54;1122953 said:
After the next 3 games, this board won't be talking about any other QB except ROMO.. The kid can play, he's the real deal!!!!!
Wanna bet?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
This has been my favorite football game for years. The only time I don't root for ND...Go Navy!!

On s side note...

Yeay Brady Quinn!!!

Boo Troy Smith!!!

:D

burmafrd

Reaction score
I hope that Romo is the real deal- but we have to be realistic. Odds are that at best he will be good. But no more. The chances of him being someone like Brady is so extreme.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Hostile;1122956 said:
Wanna bet?

Hostile i know you have your doubts which you should its natural, but let me give you this.

Garcias first year he had a 77.9 QB rating with a even TD to INT ratio. was a guy making his first starts and looked average.

His next year what happened? 97.6 QB rating, with 31 Td's, and only 10 Picks

And Gracia does remind me of Romo alot, they both have alot of the same qualities. Romo may not be as good a scrambler tho.

Just saying

burmafrd

Reaction score
ND O line should be able to handle Navy's D line, which is much smaller. ANd on the running game they are not. I knew the ND O line was not that good this year, but I did not realize how bad they were. They can open some holes, but they should be able to physically dominate here and they do not. WHich is very strange since this O line only has I think one player that did not start last year. When their O line at least seemed to be better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys19;1122964 said:
Hostile i know you have your doubts which you should its natural, but let me give you this.

Garcias first year he had a 77.9 QB rating with a even TD to INT ratio. was a guy making his first starts and looked average.

His next year what happened? 97.6 QB rating, with 31 Td's, and only 10 Picks

And Gracia does remind me of Romo alot, they both have alot of the same qualities. Romo may not be as good a scrambler tho.

Just saying
My offer of a bet had nothing to do with Romo. He could have the best QB stats in the NFL the next 3 weeks and this forum would talk about QBs.

Now, why is it so important to you that I show some faith in Tony Romo? Is that somehow going to make you feel better or him play better? Isn't my saying I wish we had just started the season with him at QB a show of faith? I mean, what exactly is the problem?

Oh, and Garcia played in the CFL before he went to the 9ers.

burmafrd

Reaction score
ROmo is what we have and we all SHOULD hope that he excells. Anyone who does not want him to play well is no real fan of the boys.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd;1122971 said:
ROmo is what we have and we all SHOULD hope that he excells. Anyone who does not want him to play well is no real fan of the boys.
Exactly and the same can be said of anyone who wanted Bledsoe to fail.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Hostile;1122967 said:
My offer of a bet had nothing to do with Romo. He could have the best QB stats in the NFL the next 3 weeks and this forum would talk about QBs.

Now, why is it so important to you that I show some faith in Tony Romo? Is that somehow going to make you feel better or him play better? Isn't my saying I wish we had just started the season with him at QB a show of faith? I mean, what exactly is the problem?

Oh, and Garcia played in the CFL before he went to the 9ers.

My bad, but to me you just seem so negative about our QB situation. I mean We have had so many horrible QBs since Aikman left, i need to feel good about Romo. and when/if he turns into something i can be happy and sleep well at night

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
burmafrd;1122971 said:

The same could have been said about Bledsoe two weeks ago...and Carpenter, and Ware, and Watkins, etc. Some people just don't get it. If they have a star on their helmet...I'm a fan.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
tomson75;1122959 said:
This has been my favorite football game for years. The only time I don't root for ND...Go Navy!!

On s side note...

Yeay Brady Quinn!!!

Boo Troy Smith!!!

:D

tomson75...:shoot2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Crazy as it may seem, I would like the Navy coach to be the one that succeeds BP. This guy is good, innovative, tough and believes in discipline. He has put together schemes that are designed to get the best out of what he has; maximizes the strengths while avoiding the weaknesses.

cowboys19

Reaction score
burmafrd;1122988 said:
Crazy as it may seem, I would like the Navy coach to be the one that succeeds BP. This guy is good, innovative, tough and believes in discipline. He has put together schemes that are designed to get the best out of what he has; maximizes the strengths while avoiding the weaknesses.

Im not sure but is he strictly a option coach, or can he do other things? thanks

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
This is the time for Quinn to accumulate all sorts of meaningless stats.

Notre Dames defense is getting ran all over. Pretty funny. I hope Weiss gets his wish

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys19;1122976 said:
My bad, but to me you just seem so negative about our QB situation. I mean We have had so many horrible QBs since Aikman left, i need to feel good about Romo. and when/if he turns into something i can be happy and sleep well at night
Actually I'm negative about our team situation. 3-3 is not good enough for me. I don't put all the weight of that record on the QB. I also am not satisfied with the OL. I'm not satisfied with the turnovers. I'm not satisfied with the big plays being allowed by the defense. I'm not satisfied with the coaching. I'm not satisfied with either QB so far.

This team should be 4-2 or better, and they aren't. Carolina can beat us. That's a fact. 3-4 will absolutely piss me off. That should be our defense, not our record in the standings. I don't want to be one game out of the cellar in the NFCE, and heading into a game against that team in the cellar in their house.

I'm not satisfied with mediocrity. That isn't what I expected when Parcells came on board. But that's where we are. For 4 years this legend in his own mind hasn't done enough to fix our QB situation or our OL. That's inexcusable in my opinion. Yes, we're a better team than the Campo years, and no I wouldn't want to go back. It still isn't good enough. It just isn't. I do not want to be like Cubs fans in baseball. Screw the "lovable losers." I want to be the hated winners.

3-3 is what it is. Disgusting. 53 guys play a role in that plus a coaching staff. It isn't just Bledsoe and Romo. Me having "faith" in Romo isn't going to make him play any better. The entire fandom of the Cowboys nation could have faith in him, and it wouldn't make him play any better. We have to raise our expectations for good things to happen. We can't accept mediocrity.

Hey, it's better than Campo right? That's the pandemic of Cowboys nation. It should have no bearing at all. The fact that it does is disturbing to me.