Quinn tried to get Bobby Wagner to Dallas

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lack of play making DTs, LBers, and safeties have been killing us for a couple decades now. We'll get people pulling up PFF grades on our safeties, but we just never seem to have truly elite guys at these positions. They are either good or just good enough.
The amount of people defending this off season so far is crazy. They just completely forgot about one of the most disappointing seasons and embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OK Ill play along...where did I say something incorrect in my post? I would actually LOVE to be wrong about this subject as it gets demoralizing to think this teams ownership is either cheap, incompetent, or both so I'm very open minded to the other side of the debate.

Right now the Cowboys are set up for cap hits of:

2024 - $287m
2025 - $211m
2026 - $116m
2027 - $62m
2028 - $41m

Assuming 10% cap growth year over year the cap should be in the ballpark of:

2024 - $255m
2025 - $280m
2026 - $308m
2027 - $338m
2028 - $371m

For comparison the Eagles 5 year running cap looks like:

2024 - $266m
2025 - $257m
2026 - $249m
2027 - $236m
2028 - $212m

Now I'm not saying that the Cowboys need to go full on Philly mode in terms of cap management, however they have over $800m in open cap space through 2028 to play around with currently. The big three of Dak/Lamb/Parsons could potentially eat up the majority of that, but we are also not taking into account any void years to those deals, nor would that take into account that guaranteed money is typically about 70% of the overall contracts for star players and these guys are often either getting extensions or cut once that guaranteed money is over.
Where are you getting these numbers, they ae way off.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why do we keep blaming Jerry? This is how the organization has been ran ever since Stephen Jones took over. We were begging for someone to take over after Jerry and we got exactly what we wished for and unfortunately, I think I prefer Jerry. At least there was something to be excited about.
Yeah, unless the yacht sinks with both on board, we're stuck with a Jones running the show for the foreseeable future. Of course, Charlotte would probably take over if that happened, but hey, she can't be worse.

jwitten82

Reaction score
So you do so they have to be right? I'm not doing your work for you. show your source.
So you said he was wrong, just because you didn't agree with it? Lol wth is wrong with some of you Jones defenders. Not signing Wagner was stupid, just accept it

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wags wouldnt have helped much in the GB game. It was obvious we were beat that day. GB did whatever they wanted on every level. DQ is the guy I hold the most accountable. The team was unprepared and so was DQ. Not to mention, undermanned defensively. Wags alone would have done nothing. That said, the front office is stuck on stupid.