Quinn Was So Bad That No Team Wants Him For HC Now And Jerry Is Determined To Bring that Back

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is the reality that we're very possibly living in right now.

Think about it.

Dan Quinn was a hot commodity for a HC job the past couple years (they say) but he has been so bad at his job lately that it's likely that no team wants him anywhere near it let alone in charge.

Oh, but there's one team that wants him around. That team? The team that he's been so bad for lately that he's basically soured himself for a HC job? That's right. Your Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, and make no mistake about it. If McCarthy would've been fired. Quinn was going to be the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

2024 motto: Run it back, baby.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
If McCarthy was fired then Quinn would have been too. Since he’s not, Quinn will be back. I honestly think that’s only fair, unless you think the defense was much worse than the offense. But I can’t imagine you think that…

They shoulda cleaned house after that debacle in my opinion but if they are not willing to blow it up, run it back next year and let all their deals expire.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I know you post for reactions and I’m bored so I’ll give it to you but this idea that Quinn suddenly sucks when a large portion of this place wanted him to succeed or takeover as head coach is bs. He’s a top coordinator in the league who is flawed but still coveted hence 5 interviews for a hc job.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Vegas still seems to think Quinn is the favorite for Seattle and in the mix on some others.

We'll see if the playoff debacle changes the outcome but right now it seems Quinn has a very good shot in Seattle.

stiletto

Reaction score
They are going to run it back... sad thing is, a majority of fans will be excited and believe things will be different. It's officially Groundhog Day for us all.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i just can not understand why anyone would want to hire quinn also. his defense was garbage the last eight games and the playoffs. i just think if you hire quinn he will just another stop gap headcoach that will last three years that's it.

stiletto

Reaction score
i just can not understand why anyone would want to hire quinn also. his defense was garbage the last eight games and the playoffs. i just think if you hire quinn he will just another stop gap headcoach that will last three years that's it.
I kind of feel like it is worse if Quinn stays than MM quite honestly. The Defense has been a sieve....

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but here are the facts regarding Quinn:

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st

bigE79

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but here are the facts regarding Quinn:

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st
Super bowls---0

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is the reality that we're very possibly living in right now.

Think about it.

Dan Quinn was a hot commodity for a HC job the past couple years (they say) but he has been so bad at his job lately that it's likely that no team wants him anywhere near it let alone in charge.

Oh, but there's one team that wants him around. That team? The team that he's been so bad for lately that he's basically soured himself for a HC job? That's right. Your Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, and make no mistake about it. If McCarthy would've been fired. Quinn was going to be the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

2024 motto: Run it back, baby.
Many dont remember but I think last season we were smoking packers and his Defense blew an unbelievable huge lead in the second half. I knew then that something is wrong. Earlier in this season our Offense could jump out and get ahead to make teams one dimensional so it’s all good and his Defense looked great. Later in the season against better and more balanced teams we started getting burned by the run…

That’s when the film was out. You don’t have to be that great just keep running the ball. First play of packers game D-Law stuffed the run behind the line. After that they just go back to it. Then we ran a pathetic zone coverage.

The route was on. Now we had no Diggs and one armed Gilmore. But I would have used the next man up and came after love and the run but he did not. If your line is getting blocked then you need to bring more than they can block and jam the lanes. Leaves the CBs on an island but love is not that great. They were the 7th seed. We tried nothing till second half and it was over by then..

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
The defense is in the same boat as the offense. They perform well against bad teams and in the regular season in general. The last 2 years the defense showed up in the playoffs and the offense didn't. This year they both didn't.

If people want DQ gone, they should want McCarthy gone as well. If Jerry brought back MM after 3 years straight of abysmal offensive performances in the playoffs, why be surprised if he brings back DQ after 1 bad playoff performance.

To be clear, I want them both gone. Just some observations.

Here is what we should do:

Hire Bill Bellichick as HC
Hire Pete Carroll as DC
Hire Jim Harbaugh as OC

Even with all of that, we would still lose with Dak as our QB! Lol

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have less of a problem with DQ returning as DC than I do MM coming back with his "buy into us" BS that he said today with all the self belief he could muster, which equated to a man who had just been sent to the gallows giving his last words before the sack went over his head.

Not to say DQ excites me either but at least he has some fire in him. People want to knock him for that last month of poor performance and I'm right there with ya, but I also remind myself he's not the one controlling the roster. He obviously needs to push hard for some talented beef at LB and the middle of the line, but in the end MM is going to want to get talent for his offense and he's the HC so...

Then there's Jerry. Who will likely give them both a shiny new TE in the 2nd round.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.3886c35a026f0af446bd848cc697837a
my reaction . This is unreal.