Quinn Was So Bad That No Team Wants Him For HC Now And Jerry Is Determined To Bring that Back

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Mike and Dan would both not get HC jobs elsewhere just like how Jason G didn't get one when he left and Kellen when he left. We are one of the worst managed teams in sports with absolutely outdated and/or incompetent people at the most important positions on our team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the reality that we're very possibly living in right now.

Think about it.

Dan Quinn was a hot commodity for a HC job the past couple years (they say) but he has been so bad at his job lately that it's likely that no team wants him anywhere near it let alone in charge.

Oh, but there's one team that wants him around. That team? The team that he's been so bad for lately that he's basically soured himself for a HC job? That's right. Your Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, and make no mistake about it. If McCarthy would've been fired. Quinn was going to be the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

2024 motto: Run it back, baby.
Quinn will be back................The clown show must continue!!
EXPECT Zeke to also come back................

Brooksey

Reaction score
This is the reality that we're very possibly living in right now.

Think about it.

Dan Quinn was a hot commodity for a HC job the past couple years (they say) but he has been so bad at his job lately that it's likely that no team wants him anywhere near it let alone in charge.

Oh, but there's one team that wants him around. That team? The team that he's been so bad for lately that he's basically soured himself for a HC job? That's right. Your Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, and make no mistake about it. If McCarthy would've been fired. Quinn was going to be the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

2024 motto: Run it back, baby.
Maybe he should have sat Stephon Gillmore and played our normal Cover 1 man defense that got us there. He was worried about those wr's.

He went to a soft zone to protect Gillmore's torn rotator cuff. In the end we were not good enough or healthy enough.

Losing LVE, Diggs, Gillmore came back to bite us. He may sign with Seattle tonight/tomorrow

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s just sad what’s happening in Dallas right now.

I think the coaches are good coaches but you can’t just run it back after what happened.

This is not how a franchise should be ran that’s serious about winning.

I will actually come to a slight defence, and if you read my two newest threads, you'll understand more where I'm coming from with this post. Yes, it was a debacle, but the Chiefs with Andy Reid had a couple of games that were also humiliating before Mahomes got there. Year 1 there, they blew a 38-10 lead in the WC round. Year 4 in 2016, they had the 1 seed and blew it against the Steelers. So, this "running it back" could work IF, and I stress IF, they get a QB in the draft in the next two years to train behind Dak.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
get freakin linebackers in here , get mazi up in weight. release Kearse… that’s a start. oh and sign top FA on both sides of the ball.

This, and get a QB in the draft either this year or next and have that QB sit behind Dak for a season or two to develop.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but here are the facts regarding Quinn:

Cowboys defense under Dan Quinn since 2021​

NFL RANK
PPG Allowed19.95th
3rd Down Pct Allowed36.4%4th
Sacks1416th
QB Pressure Rate41.4%1st
TD-INT Allowed68-592nd
Interceptions591st
Takeaways931st
Defensive TD151st
I would like to see a statistic of this split into: with a lead during the game/playing from behind

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Defense definitely had flaws that needed to be fixed and I did not like the zone played in the playoffs. Despite that this defense was historically bad prior to him arriving. Very good chance Jerry continues to allow us to go at this again without respectable linebackers but I'm hoping (feels more like wishing apon a star) that he actually does something to fix the defensive deficiencies