Quinns defense in Super Bowl year

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Except those HOF players didn't come to Seattle with great pedigree other than Earl Thomas, the rest were guys that developed in Seattle. If you're going to slam him for doing double duty in Atlanta, acknowlege and give him credit for his work in Seattle as a DC only

So DCs take the credit for developing players? How did Richard do with that defense?
How did Bradley do?

Quinn did it all?

Dre11

Reaction score
So DCs take the credit for developing players? How did Richard do with that defense?
How did Bradley do?

Quinn did it all?

Richards was killed here, he helped as I'd Bradley at the beginning, you think he's going to be the only coach on defense here?

Dre11

Reaction score
How did Bradley do?

Quinn did it all?

That defense became the legion of boom under his watch when they went to back to back superbowls. Do some research

fivetwos

Reaction score
It wont. He looked good in seattle because he has 3 hall of famers and a multiple pro bowlers. Whats the hof/pro bowl count on our defense? Lol zero for hof......that much I know
Yeah...I mean...Marinelli had Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Barber on his defense.

He rode that to the Detroit HC job and managed to go 0-16.

Coaches need players.

Dre11

Reaction score
Is this Dan??? What happened in Atlanta?
Again, he was doing double duty as HC and DC, I'm sure he had someone else running a lot of the defense as he had other things on his plate, Wade wasn't as good as a DC when he double as a DC and HC, he got fired when his defense quit on him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah...I mean...Marinelli had Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Barber on his defense.

He rode that to the Detroit HC job and managed to go 0-16.

Coaches need players.
Marinelli had good defenses in Chicago, too, though.

Quinn has never had anything other than Seattle, where other DCs did just about as well (or better).

That's why I'm so unimpressed with Quinn. I truly think they just went for him because they wanted to go back to what they did a few years ago when some players (especially #54) were better. It's classic Jerry, trying to recapture the old magic.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I still say every good defense had/has a big and physical front seven. You can get away with one guy bring on the smallish size. Your DT's should be no smaller than 6'4" 300 and your DE's should be at least 6'4" 270. A front four with that kind of size can stop the run and keep QB's in the pocket. Keeping QB's in the pocket is a big plus because that's where sacks take place.

So, until a defensive coordinator has the power to change our personnel, we will struggle. It doesn't matter who's the DQ or what his pedigree is, he will struggle with these players. The only thing we can hope for is the defense doing enough, while Dak and the guys light it up. We might get one that way, but we won't ever be a dynasty with the way our defense is constructed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Brady gave intel of Belichick's team building style to the Bucs. So one could say Belichick came with Brady to the Bucs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMO, the greatest D coordinator on Earth is waiting for that phone call

fabbab7cd00851e288d3523a8725926f_xl.jpg

Might be awkward for Jerry, or even you don’t want to go to the 3-4. But his track record is genuinely unbelievable
Son of a Bum!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Again, he was doing double duty as HC and DC, I'm sure he had someone else running a lot of the defense as he had other things on his plate, Wade wasn't as good as a DC when he double as a DC and HC, he got fired when his defense quit on him.
The defense sucked in Atlanta. It sucked.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
That defense became the legion of boom under his watch when they went to back to back superbowls. Do some research
He is a product of his environment.
We hear that all the time about college players. Especially those 'Bama boys. A player, playing better because he's surrounded by better players.

You've been on these boards defending coaches...proclaiming the players must execute. Now here you are given a coach a lions share of the credit. You and I both know the game isn't about X's and O's. It's about the sum of the whole being greater than its parts. Meaning, how well do these guys play together?

So the game really is about execution, week in, week out. And it's the coaches job to put together a team that can constantly execute. A good coaches can squeeze a good year out of inherited talent. But great coaches follow a blueprint. And when they apply that blueprint that's when you start to hear that, he's a product of his environment, talk.

Dre11

Reaction score
He is a product of his environment.
We hear that all the time about college players. Especially those 'Bama boys. A player, playing better because he's surrounded by better players.

You've been on these boards defending coaches...proclaiming the players must execute. Now here you are given a coach a lions share of the credit. You and I both know the game isn't about X's and O's. It's about the sum of the whole being greater than its parts. Meaning, how well do these guys play together?

So the game really is about execution, week in, week out. And it's the coaches job to put together a team that can constantly execute. A good coaches can squeeze a good year out of inherited talent. But great coaches follow a blueprint. And when they apply that blueprint that's when you start to hear that, he's a product of his environment, talk.

It is about execution always, which is why saying he only had success in Seattle because he had talent is bogus, no it's not about x's and o's on defense it's how you play as a unit. If he can lead like he did in Seattle, t he last time his full focus will be on defense, this defense should be fine, it doesnt have to be great, average is all it needs to be.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
For coaches out there the scheme is only as good as it players. The exception is Bill B.

Maybe a little bit, but Tom Brady made that happen more than Bill. Brady has to be one of the most consistant qb's ever. He rarely threw interceptions, took sacks, and allowed punters to punt. He almost always drives the field, and puts some type of points up.

Not turning over
Driving the field
Putting points up
Playing with a lead

Helped the patriots D, more than Bill.

If Dak and the cowboys O can get to that level, where they play with a lead, if they dont turn over the ball, and special teams continues to play well,

it will help the cowboys defense too. The cowboys have not played with leads in a few years

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At the Dak signing, a day or two before FA, Jerry mentioned how much they have improved by adding Quinn alone.

This made me nervous, and what they did in FA tells me they are counting on this guy in a big way.

If not, then they must be counting on the draft to make them much better immediately, and they just can't be that delusional.

They think Quinn alone will make a massive difference. Maybe....guess we will see.
sadly i think they are that delusional :D:D
plus they have jaylon the cornerstone of defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
So.......basically you agree with me that Quinn isnt saving anything and the d will be trash again? Just not as trash. Because they didnt add anything of relevance in free agency.
umm TBD you ever hear pof allowing person to succeed or fail before passing judgment..a bunch of crap rolls downhill here far too early..i dont agree with you not even for millisecond..

lets give the guy a chance and stop using past history to suggest he will fail./.

wade phillips and todd bowles just few examples of failed HC stops that when they got back into a DC position, they excelled..

NEXT!

blueblood70

Reaction score

Might be awkward for Jerry, or even you don’t want to go to the 3-4. But his track record is genuinely unbelievable
theres no difference, he lost how many jobs as hc and DC??

no one here want a base 3-4with the parts we have..so this was ridiculous to even suggest..

this draft needs to produce better players and this years crop of FAs need to produce better then last, period thats the key PLAYERS

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL, they must have caught him coming out of Golden Corral.....looks so happy and FULL.[/QUOTE]