Quinn's defense

MaineBoy

Reaction score
We need to do what Steelers, ravens do
Have a team identity on defense
No matter the coach, DC or players it stays the same
And they are competitive every year
You can change the scheme every few years where you need a different type of player

This is the post of the day. Great organizations that have quality front offices and gm’s find the right vision and commit to it for continuity and success. Jerry and our fo are so clueless they can be sold any flavor of the month. They are clueless and not football people. They keep floundering so every three years it’s a new coach and scheme that’s left with players that fit the last scheme. Not being able to hire good coaches and just retreads doesn’t help.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like the draft. However, I had some other guys higher on my board then the ones they took. I had Slater much higher than Parsons. Joseph was the highest ranked player on my board in the 2nd.

The 3rd round I has guys like Wilson and Washington higher but I like both DL guys, they aren't terrible. The corner was a reach and even if they went offense there like Michael Carter RB I would liked it better. I don't hate Wright just felt many players were better.

Joseph was the highest guy on your board in the 2nd? Over Barmore and Moehrig? Moehrig was a middle first round grade at a position of the highest need.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Joseph was the highest guy on your board in the 2nd? Over Barmore and Moehrig? Moehrig was a middle first round grade at a position of the highest need.
Yes. Barmore and Moehrig weren't first round grades and weren't the best at their position.

Talent wise Joseph is in the same tier as Surtain and Horn

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes. Barmore and Moehrig weren't first round grades and weren't the best at their position.

Talent wise Joseph is in the same tier as Surtain and Horn

On what planet wasnt Moehrig a first round grade? Bellicheck traded up in the 2nd for Barmore. Good enough for me.

Where did you ever read about Joseph like that? You making that up?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
On what planet wasnt Moehrig a first round grade? Bellicheck traded up in the 2nd for Barmore. Good enough for me.

Where did you ever read about Joseph like that? You making that up?
I watched film on the guy. Barmore was a 2nd to me and that's where he went but he didn't start and came in when Alabama was up by 40.

I have Grant and Washington higher than Moehrig. Washington is just small and that's why he fell but Moehrig wasn't the first safety picked but Grant was....... film doesn't lie.

Again watch film on Joseph and you will see

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I watched film on the guy. Barmore was a 2nd to me and that's where he went but he didn't start and came in when Alabama was up by 40.

I have Grant and Washington higher than Moehrig. Washington is just small and that's why he fell but Moehrig wasn't the first safety picked but Grant was....... film doesn't lie.

Again watch film on Joseph and you will see

So your going with your film watching over most scouts and Belli? I guess you are entitled.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So your going with your film watching over most scouts and Belli? I guess you are entitled.
Yes. I don't like people making my board for me. I go from what I see and not what somebody told me.

Again I had Grant over Moehrig and said they wouldn't go first round........ watching film doesn't work I should just listen to you cause you heard from someone else

ESisback

Reaction score
Let us not forget last offseason when we were thrilled with almost everything the team did. It completely blew up in our faces. That should be a clue that we have no idea. For years this team has done better when expectations were lower. Consequently I'll save my gripes, for now.
And the “experts” like Kiper? Educated guesstimates. He/they are wrong WAY more than they are right. Quinn is immersed in it for a living, and has skins on the wall. So I tend to believe them in this order:

1)Quinn
2)The draft pundits
3)Armchair GMs at Cowboy Zone
4)The average fan
5)People that watch the SB for the funny commercials and pop diva halftime garbage.

I imagine they’ll be handful of irritated posters that throw out a snarky comment. How DARE I relegate them to third place in the credibility pecking order? JMO!✌

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The reactive side of me hates this draft. But Quinn played a hands-on role in constructing one of the most dominant defenses in the last couple decades.

I’m just hoping he knows what he’s doing with all these seemingly reach picks!
Gus Bradley you mean? Quinn played as much a role as Richard did