"Amityville Horror" house up for sale

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3414494 said:
Brain, the ending of Friday the 13th was classic, from the beheading of Jason's mom, to him pulling her under the water, to the girl saying, what about the boy, Jason, is he dead too, Maam, we didn't find any boy, then he's still out there......che che che hahaha

Amityville scared me as it is allegedly true. Friday is just fun crap.

That's what I hear as well. However, I've read that the actual utterances are ki ki ki ma ma ma. These are derived from "Kill them mama."

Yeah, I know. I don't hear it either.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hellraiser terrified me...and still does.

hellraiser_pinhead.jpg

rkell87

Reaction score
only movie i ever jumped in was Jurassic park: the lost world. the part where the raptors are trying to get in the shed through the front and the girls are digging at the back, as soon as the raptor came under the wall i think i got air born lol, other than that i think had i seen the decent in theaters i might have jumped but as it was my girlfriend had the lights on and everything, still the best scary movie to come out in 20 years

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Its well documented that the "haunting" story was completely made up by the Lutz's and their lawyer over several bottles of wine one night.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I heard it was fake too but damn why else did they leave so quickly and I wouldn't want to buy a house where people were killed

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That'd be a sweet house to live in (overlooking the fact that a bunch of people died there). Anytime the house settled, you'd freak a little. :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
They tore down the Sharon Tate/Manson murders house. Surprised they didn't raze this one as well. Neighbors must hate all the tourists/gawkers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;3414626 said:
Its well documented that the "haunting" story was completely made up by the Lutz's and their lawyer over several bottles of wine one night.

Same with the Haunting in Connecticut house.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
bbgun;3414698 said:
They tore down the Sharon Tate/Manson murders house. Surprised they didn't raze this one as well. Neighbors must hate all the tourists/gawkers.

Supposedly a house built near the site of the old Tate home is very haunted.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3414717 said:
Supposedly a house built near the site of the old Tate home is very haunted.
On I-15, just north of St. George, Utah, on the west side of the highway there is a white ranch house. It is almost idyllic it is so perfect. It is always for sale. The price is way too low.

It will occasionally sell and in a few weeks it is back on the market. I asked my boss what he knew about it, and he said, it is haunted. A murder site.

I told my wife about it a few years ago when we were traveling up that way for a wedding. It was for sale and she almost wanted to call the agent to look at it until I told her about it.

Last summer she and her sister traveled up that way for a family reunion at a cabin and lake. She said it was for sale again.

I have always been curious what those who move in experience there. I have never heard one story. But over the years I have seen that place occupied 4 times and never for more than a few weeks.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3414758 said:
On I-15, just north of St. George, Utah, on the west side of the highway there is a white ranch house. It is almost idyllic it is so perfect. It is always for sale. The price is way too low.

It will occasionally sell and in a few weeks it is back on the market. I asked my boss what he knew about it, and he said, it is haunted. A murder site.

I told my wife about it a few years ago when we were traveling up that way for a wedding. It was for sale and she almost wanted to call the agent to look at it until I told her about it.

Last summer she and her sister traveled up that way for a family reunion at a cabin and lake. She said it was for sale again.

I have always been curious what those who move in experience there. I have never heard one story. But over the years I have seen that place occupied 4 times and never for more than a few weeks.

Pull a disclosure packet on it the next time it's up for sale. They don't have to disclose ghosts, but you never know what might be in it. Probably a much more mundane explanation for why it's continually available.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Just an FYI, to anyone that was wondering, no such thing as ghosts or hauntings.

LOL.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hostile;3414758 said:

Similar story: When my wife and I were looking to buy a house in Gatesville, we encountered a large property that was inexplicably cheap. I jokingly asked our agent if it was haunted.

She responded, "How could you prove it?"

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Hostile;3414758 said:

You have a rough address on the property? A good friend of mine is a Board of Realtors President in some part of Utah. Maybe she can dig up the story behind it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3414778 said:
You have a rough address on the property? A good friend of mine is a Board of Realtors President in some part of Utah. Maybe she can dig up the story behind it.
No, I don't, but I'm tempted to look for it on Google Earth and see if Google maps gives me one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3414698 said:
Actually they didn't. It is one of the biggest tourist attractions in LA. No one has ever lived in that house again. It has been for sale since 1969.