"Ex-Cowboy" Ryan Leaf on Yahoo Front Page

Snaggletooth

Reaction score
I remember a situation similiar to this a couple of years ago. Matt Lehr was busted for steroids. The story read "Ex-Dallas Cowboy Matt Lehr", even though he was currently playing for the Saints at the time.

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score
Just my 2cents worth on this whole debate here. First of all, I am also of the opinion that this is a team game, and if the team succeeds in making the playoffs, then the team chokes in the playoffs, then we should be saying "the team didn't win a championship" not that "Romo failed to lead us to a championship."
The interesting thing to me is that Romo hasn't finished his career yet. Peyton Manning couldn't win a championship until he did. Eli couldn't win one until he did. Elway couldn't win one until he did. Aikman "won" three championships, but what about all the other years? If it was all about the greatness of the qb, we should have won the SB every year he played! Please notice that no QB, no matter how great, wins the SB every year. That means that there are other factors involved. Just because Romo hasn't won one does not in any way mean he won't. The same can be said for any QB or team in the league.
Clove, I personally respect your opinions and knowledge. I have no problem with you thinking Romo is not the quarterback for us, though I disagree. I think a big part of the reason some here accuse you of trolling is that you come into threads like this one that had nothing to do with Romo and start mess about him. That remark you made about "too bad he did as much championship-wise as any qb since Aikman" was obviously designed to be a slam against Romo. Please don't insult our intelligence with the "I never mentioned Romo by name" business, because it was obvious that that was your point.
If this had been a thread about such a thing, then fine, have at it. But it gets really old when you bring these comments into all kinds of threads, which then results in the thread derailing into a Romo debate.
This is not me calling you out, or even telling you what to do. I just know that the board would be a lot more pleasant if this didn't happen so often. By now we all know how you feel about Romo, and I daresay you know how others feel. Has any of these "debates" changed even one mind? No? Then why keep having them? It seems counterproductive to me. I guess there's not much to talk about right now, but still...
By the way, I really appreciate your play by play in the gameday threads. You do a great job. :)
Peace! and Go Cowboys!

Aikbach

Reaction score
When Jimmy Smith goes into the hall of fame will the press call him "Former Cowboy" Jimmy Smith in return? Seems only fair.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CowboyMike;4510834 said:
That's one thing the Anti-Romo crowd never addresses. "If not Romo, then who?"

Who out there in free agency is better than Romo? No one. Not for a long time. Who is available via trade that is better than Romo? Who are we going to draft that would be better than Romo now with this team before the window closes? No one.

Romo is our best option at this point. They always complain about him, but never provide a solution.
He's our best option? lol, now that's funny. Our best option can't even make the playoffs.

Kidna proved that if you find a guy with a pulse, you can put up numbers in Garrett's offense. Grandpa Kitna. If I'm Jerry, I either get rid of Garrett, or get a coordinator that knows how to control the emotions of Romo during IMPORTANT games, I think I've mentioned this a million times.

If he can't get that guy to straighten him out, then it's time to start drafting or moving up in the 1st round to get a QB. Simple

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4511431 said:
I see I'm not the only Cowboys, Lakers, and Yankees fan.

Yessir! Our Lakers are getting beat at home tonight against the Spurs... SMH

Reaction score
CowboysYanksLakers;4511477 said:
Yessir! Our Lakers are getting beat at home tonight against the Spurs... SMH

No Kobe though not too upset. He needs to drop the coaching act though and get his *** back on the court.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4511431 said:
I see I'm not the only Cowboys, Lakers, and Yankees fan.

no,,,theres a bunch of ya...we call em bandwagon fans....:D