"Ex-Cowboy" Ryan Leaf on Yahoo Front Page

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510802 said:
I do want more Stars, Clove! But, you just cannot go out there in the world and get one every year. Also, I absolutely do not give Aikman, Staubach, all the credit for the SB's that we do have. I give credit to those teams that made it all happen. I don't focus on just one player like you and some others do...it just does not make any sense.

I pull for the team, not Romo, not Ware, not Witten, not Austin...none of those guys are what they are or will become if it were not for the team that surrounds them.

;)

You on the other hand?

:D
I pull for the team also. But I'm not going to support a player that can't get it done. "smiley face, winky eye"

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Clove;4510798 said:
Another example of people not really wanting to win a Super Bowl right here.
I don't play for the Cowboys I have no control over us winning or losing. Neither do you. I however used to enjoy Cowboyszone before they let trolls like you run wild on here.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BigDFan5;4510808 said:
I don't play for the Cowboys I have no control over us winning or losing. Neither do you. I however used to enjoy Cowboyszone before they let trolls like you run wild on here.
Because you like Romo and I don't? I like grey and you like brown so it's a bad place to be? I know it seems like trolling when you agree and 2 or 3 don't, and it's always like 15 posters to 1 on subjects like this, and we still managed to own all of them.

You need to do something else other than this, run along now.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BigDFan5;4510795 said:
Pretty sure everyone can see the obvious troll job this guy is doing now, can we please take out the trash on this guy finally?

She's a lady, bro.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510814 said:
She's a lady, bro.

You can call me whatever you want 5stars, if you think I'm a Lady, it's because you like me.

"not that there's anything wrong with that"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gotta run girls and boys, I'll check this thread when I get back, see if it's worth it for me, otherwise, Go Cowboys!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Clove;4510817 said:
You can call me whatever you want 5stars, if you think I'm a Lady, it's because you like me.

Didn't you say you were going to stop posting in this thread? As expected, you've again made it all about you and agenda, and this thread didn't even have anything to do with it.

Kindly leave, sir.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Well, it isn't it obvious? The only thing people remember about Leaf is that he was a bust. If you're gonna associate him with a team then why not the Dallas Cowboys?

wittenacious

Reaction score
Clove;4510784 said:
I'm all about one thing, the bottom line.
I know that many agree with you. Bottom line expectations are tough though, it's been my experience to have come to believe. That criterion means only 1 NFL team can claim success each season ... 31 others are, by such criterion, losers.

I've been a lover of the enjoyment I get from having loyally supported the Dallas Cowboys as a fan all of my aware life. I cannot imagine how much harder that would've been to accomplish if all I graded the value and worthiness of my fan support on was whether the Cowboys "won it all" ... bottom line ... or not.

I doubt you'd have been a fan, for as obviously long as you've been, if the bottom line of "winning" was ALL it was about. There's more to your fan standing than that, I'd be willing to bet. And, like you, I've hated how long it's been since the Cowboys fielded teams that were serious, perennial contenders for winning it all, so I get your heartfelt frustration about that.

I still have hope. I'm not blindly faithful as a fan, but I'm a faithful fan. I see some good signs and still think Romo is our best option at QB ... and not just as a "seat-filler" we're stuck with.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510804 said:
I pull for the team also. But I'm not going to support a player that can't get it done. "smiley face, winky eye"

I would agree with you, Clove, if you would have said "players" rather than "player".

All of us Cowboy fans are frustrated from the lack of success, but, again, one man cannot do it all...it takes a TEAM!

You are a true blue Cowboy fan. I have no doubt in my mind that your are. You are not a troll, you are just a little misguided and frustrated and you take all the frustration out on one man. That's not right.

But, Clove, I'm going to watch and see because that's all we can do. I cannot dog one guy for the failures of many.

;)

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510828 said:
I doubt you'd have been a fan, for as obviously long as you've been, if the bottom line of "winning" was ALL it was about. There's more to your fan standing than that, I'd be willing to bet. And, like you, I've hated how long it's been since the Cowboys fielded teams that were serious, perennial contenders for winning it all, so I get your heartfelt frustration about that.

I still have hope. I'm not blindly faithful as a fan, but I'm a faithful fan. I see some good signs and still think Romo is our best option at QB ... and not just as a "seat-filler" we're stuck with.

That's one thing the Anti-Romo crowd never addresses. "If not Romo, then who?"

Who out there in free agency is better than Romo? No one. Not for a long time. Who is available via trade that is better than Romo? Who are we going to draft that would be better than Romo now with this team before the window closes? No one.

Romo is our best option at this point. They always complain about him, but never provide a solution.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510817 said:

I thought you were a lady? :confused:

If I'm wrong about that, please accept my apologies. I so like you...I just wish you would take a couple steps back and look at the big picture rather than focusing on one man.

Think of all the other times that players on our past teams lost game for the Cowboys that did not involve Romo.

;)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I see the media is at it again. Ever notice they only show shots of Cowboys QB's.....taking a shot.:rolleyes:

wittenacious

Reaction score
5Stars;4510786 said:
Being a new member means nothing. I've seen a member post something on this forum for the first time and I think, wow, this person know his/her stuff about this game of football...so don't let that bother you. ;)
I appreciate your encouragement. Not all are as open minded towards "noobs" as you apparently are, so I don't come in romping-and-stomping out of the gate, whether I think my opinions count as much as others' opinions do or not. Not my way.

Heck, I've had some take a run at me based on my member name, of all things (guess it isn't/wasn't to their liking), as well as posts that introduced a little of my dry sense of humor, so I can only imagine how any heavy handed, strongly opinionated posts might go over, being new.

I'm older (not one foot in the grave older, lol) and hopefully wiser. I try to pick my battles. ;)

And, as far as the "team" overview you said a lot of fans seem to lack ... I've seen it, too, and I agree with you. Hard for me to understand how the overall body of work that a quality QB/player like Tony Romo has turned in can be judged so harshly, in a vacuum.

Tony makes a dumb play that's obviously on him? Call him on it. I'll join in. Blame Romo for seasonal team failures without blaming other, "out of his hands" situations? I don't get it. I can't see a reason to join in. Makes no sense.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510728 said:
"What's the realistic solution?" seems to be the question the haters can never do a very good job of answering ... not just here on CZ, but on any of the Cowboys fan forums I've been a member of. :)

CowboyMike;4510834 said:
That's one thing the Anti-Romo crowd never addresses. "If not Romo, then who?"
You'll never get an answer from them on this question....ever....at least not one that doesn't involve fantasy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510857 said:
I appreciate your encouragement. Not all are as open minded towards "noobs" as you apparently are, so I don't come in romping-and-stomping out of the gate, whether I think my opinions count as much as others' opinions do or not. Not my way.

Heck, I've had some take a run at me based on my member name, of all things (guess it isn't/wasn't to their liking), as well as posts that introduced a little of my dry sense of humor, so I can only imagine how any heavy handed, strongly opinionated posts might go over, being new. I try to pick my battles. ;)

And, as far as the "team" overview you said a lot of fans seem to lack ... I've seen it, too, and I agree with you. Hard for me to understand how the overall body of work that a quality QB/player like Tony Romo has turned in can be judged so harshly, in a vacuum.

Tony makes a dumb play that's obviously on him? Call him on it. I'll join in. Blame Romo for seasonal team failures without blaming other, "out of his hands" situations? I don't get it. I can't see a reason to join in. Makes no sense.

I didn't realize you just joined in Feb...I don't care about that stuff.

As far as learning about some posters on this forum? I don't know about anyone else, but, I'm just a stupid Cowboy fan.

I try and live by my sig...that's all I can do. Actually, it's all we can do!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
daboyzruleperiod;4510852 said:
I see the media is at it again. Ever notice they only show shots of Cowboys QB's.....taking a shot.:rolleyes:

I doubt there's a picture of Leaf in a Cowboys uniform that is flattering.