"Ex-Cowboy" Ryan Leaf on Yahoo Front Page

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510692 said:
I'll admit, I don't get you, Clove. But you're right in having pointed out that I'm a newer member here. Maybe it IS wrong of me to have an opinion about what I think I know of you. That's fair. At least I can see how you'd have a right to feel that way.

Your sig states that "Winning is overrated," yet from all the posts of yours that I've read, you appear to have a distinct hatred/serious dislike for Tony Romo as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys and, from what I get from your attached reply, Jason Garrett too (as the HC and actual OC ... Callahan's new title notwithstanding).

So Winning DOES appear to very strongly matter to you, but it's overrated? Hard to follow your logic. That's why I suggested it seems you DO have an agenda, though I don't fully understand what it is.

I'll read more of your posts, out of curiosity, to try to figure out what you consider a realistic solution to be.

If you don't know by now what her solution is, then you have not paid attention good enough.

Get rid of Romo...that's her beef with this team. Oh, and Garrett, she hates him also.

Have you ever listened to a broken record? :laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510698 said:
I'm not posting anymore in this thread, I'll wait until another homer starts a dead end Romo thread, and I'll post there.

BTW, Ryan leaf sucks.

Getting hot in the kitchen?

:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510709 said:
Getting hot in the kitchen?

Just trying to somewhat follow the rules. Please stop sending this :D with every post. It's ultra annoying.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510717 said:
Just trying to somewhat follow the rules. Please stop sending this :D with every post. It's ultra annoying.

I'm just sending you some "smiles" because you are so great at these debates. :D

Hey! You lied! You said you were not going to post in this thread anymore.

Just like a woman, always changing her mind when she feels like it.
:rolleyes: :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510683 said:
Describe to me how he's winning games?

Just curious, how is he getting 300 yards passing with no protection? You're the self-appointed football genius, let's here it.

Much of it is by keeping plays alive, getting around the outside pressure and finding his targets. In terms of wins he has never done that alone but he helps put his team in a position to win games. He has no control over what the defense gives up late in games.

wittenacious

Reaction score
5Stars;4510701 said:
If you don't know by now what her solution is, then you have not paid attention good enough.

Get rid of Romo...that's her beef with this team. Oh, and Garrett, she hates him also.

Have you ever listened to a broken record? :laugh2:
That's what I thought I knew about Clove. I've read the threads on these boards for a long time to have come up with my opinion, regardless of my "Start Date" as a posting member.

And YES, I've heard the broken record you speak of ... and it plays on and on and on and ...

I challenge, Clove runs. That's the second time in the last week. Easy to claim discontent. "What's the realistic solution?" seems to be the question the haters can never do a very good job of answering ... not just here on CZ, but on any of the Cowboys fan forums I've been a member of. :)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510724 said:
Much of it is by keeping plays alive, getting around the outside pressure and finding his targets. In terms of wins he has never done that alone but he helps put his team in a position to win games. He has no control over what the defense gives up late in games.
I could own this post, but I'm going to keep my word.

5Stars

I'm just sending you some "smiles" because you are so great at these debates. :D

Hey! You lied! You said you were not going to post in this thread anymore.

Just like a woman, always changing her mind when she feels like it.
Are you a sexist now?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510728 said:
That's what I thought I knew about Clove. I've read the threads on these boards for a long time to have come up with my opinion, regardless of my "Start Date" as a posting member.

And YES, I've heard the broken record you speak of ... and it plays on and on and on and ...

I challenge, Clove runs. That's the second time in the last week. Easy to claim discontent. "What's the realistic solution?" seems to be the question the haters can never do a very good job of answering ... not just here on CZ, but on any of the Cowboys fan forums I've been a member of. :)
Just don't put me on ignore, ignore is for pansies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510691 said:
I know you want to win very very badly Dooms, but you don't have it bro. I used to respect you as a poster because you didn't come off as a blind, mindless homer like 5stars and a sea of others, but now you're worrying me.

There were plenty of games where Romo had ample time to throw the ball. And there were also games he didn't have as much, just like Eli and other QBs, since you say you watch other games. But at times, he screwed his line too, with his iffy reading of the defenses, and holding the ball too long.

Go back and re-watch ALONE, so you can pay attention to what really went on.

It has nothing to do with winning an arguement, evidently you don't have a fricken clue about the game of football you sit there and act as if it all has to do with the QB, well your wrong this is why the NFL has seen very avg QB's with SB rings and some of the all time great without one. It is a team game it is not all about the QB but a simpleton does not know any better. This has nothing to do with being a homer or not it is the reality of football.

No sense even dealing with you since you really do not get the game of football

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510746 said:
It has nothing to do with winning an arguement, evidently you don't have a fricken clue about the game of football you sit there and act as if it all has to do with the QB, well your wrong this is why the NFL has seen very avg QB's with SB rings and some of the all time great without one. It is a team game it is not all about the QB but a simpleton does not know any better. This has nothing to do with being a homer or not it is the reality of football.

No sense even dealing with you since you really do not get the game of football
We have a difference of opinion on what a great QB is. Obviously, yours involves yards. Mine involves winning. Ryan Leaf couldn't win. I want guys that can win. I don't want excuses, excuses are for guys like you.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510732 said:
I could own this post, but I'm going to keep my word.

Are you a sexist now?

No...actually, woman are gods greatest creation.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510762 said:
No...actually, woman are gods greatest creation.

You know stars, we had some great Super Bowl titles that gave you your name. SInce when did you become a guy who didn't want more stars?

wittenacious

Reaction score
Clove;4510744 said:
I won't put you in the Iggy file. I'll continue to read your posts and be open to amending my opinions, as warranted. BTW, I have no problem with any Cowboys fan being for-or-against a player, coach, or any member of the team we all claim to be a fan of. I just give much more credence when complaints come with considered opinions about the possible solutions, from a "Realist" point of view.

And I know my opinions are under more deserved scrutiny as far as earning and having merit than any who've paid their dues, and made their place here, over the years. I do not know it all. Far from it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510771 said:
I won't put you in the Iggy file. I'll continue to read your posts and be open to amending my opinions, as warranted. BTW, I have no problem with any Cowboys fan being for-or-against a player, coach, or any member of the team we all claim to be a fan of. I just give more credence when complaints come with opinions about the possible solutions, from a "Realist" point of view.

And I know my opinions are under more deserved scrutiny as far as earning and having merit than any who've paid their dues, and made their place here, over the years. I DO NOT know it all. Far from it.
You don't have to pay any dues around here, speak your mind. I will give props to Reality and guys like Hostile and others for letting us pretty much speak our mind, and even let us insult people occasionally. And that's the reason I donate, is my appreciating for letting me vent.

I'm disgusted at this franchise and the fans for putting up with this mess on the field. My Father would turn in his grave if he saw this franchise today. I've given my solutions on what should happen, it's up to you to agree or not.

I don't judge quarterbacks on yards/TDs, crap like that. That's the only position I grade differently. The reason why, he touches the ball on every offensive down and can affect the game all by himself. The way a guy plays in IMPORTANT games determines if the guy is a Championship type QB.

I think Romo is a very good QB. But to be honest, grandpa Kidna put up big numbers in Garrett's offense too, so yards and stuff like that, totally meaningless to me. Winning is more important to me because I have no room in my Cowboy heart for losing, or people who think like losers when it comes to the Cowboys.

I'm all about one thing, the bottom line.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510728 said:

The thing with Clove and some others is that the word "team" is what they do not understand. I really don't know why that is...but, it's like tunnel vision! They focus on one aspect of the game and totally disregard the other aspects or dynamics of what is going on.

You never hear them dog another player as bad as they do Romo.

I could post here and rant and rave about some players on defense that make me want to puke! But, I don't to that...I don't have tunnel vision or just focus on one player. This is not golf or tennis, there are other players that have cost the Cowboys games. Do we hear about them from the Romo hate squad? Sometime, we do....but mostly, it's all Romo's fault and I just cannot understand that.

Being a new member means nothing. I've seen a member post something on this forum for the first time and I think, wow, this person know his/her stuff about this game of football...so don't let that bother you.

;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510744 said:

Oh snap...that is going to bite someone in the butt!

:laugh2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Clove;4510507 said:
Yeah, it's sad that he did as much for us Championship-wise as any QB since Aikman.
Pretty sure everyone can see the obvious troll job this guy is doing now, can we please take out the trash on this guy finally?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BigDFan5;4510795 said:
Pretty sure everyone can see the obvious troll job this guy is doing now, can we please take out the trash on this guy finally?
Another example of people not really wanting to win a Super Bowl right here.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510786 said:
The thing with Clove and some others is that the word "team" is what they do not understand. I really don't know why that is...but, it's like tunnel vision! They focus on one aspect of the game and totally disregard the other aspects or dynamics of what is going on.

You never hear them dog another player as bad as they do Romo.

I could post here and rant and rave about some players on defense that make me want to puke! But, I don't to that...I don't have tunnel vision or just focus on one player. This is not golf or tennis, there are other players that have cost the Cowboys games. Do we hear about them from the Romo hate squad? Sometime, we do....but mostly, it's all Romo's fault and I just cannot understand that.

Being a new member means nothing. I've seen a member post something on this forum for the first time and I think, wow, this person know his/her stuff about this game of football...so don't let that bother you.

;)
But the problem is STARS, can I call you that btw? The problem is, Romo is a part of the problem. We've switched out linemen, defensive parts, no matter what, he can't win with them.

Brady takes a mediocre team to the Super Bowl. Eli takes a mediocre offensive line to the Super Bowl. Why can't Romo just take us to the stinking playoffs?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510770 said:
You know stars, we had some great Super Bowl titles that gave you your name. SInce when did you become a guy who didn't want more stars?

I do want more Stars, Clove! But, you just cannot go out there in the world and get one every year. Also, I absolutely do not give Aikman, Staubach, all the credit for the SB's that we do have. I give credit to those teams that made it all happen. I don't focus on just one player like you and some others do...it just does not make any sense.

I pull for the team, not Romo, not Ware, not Witten, not Austin...none of those guys are what they are or will become if it were not for the team that surrounds them.

Think of all the other team in the NFL that have never won a SB. It's a hard thing to do...

;)

You on the other hand?