"Get Rid of Parcells"

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1381886 said:
Why are you still bringing Bill Parcells up? :confused:

I brought it back.
Scroll back to the top of this page and read my post about certain poster.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bratchek;1323382 said:
Everybody on this board seems to want to get rid of Bill. Why is That? We made the playoffs and only lost in the wildcard round because of a fluke play. If Romo holds onto the ball we may be playing today and you are all pumped about Bill, TO, Roy, and everyone else on the team. I'm tired of all the knee jerk reactions when we should look at the big picture and here it is. We made the playoffs this year..........we didn't go far but that says progress. We arn't loosing much this year and all those guys that are on the D line are entering their 3rd year and should start producing even though you all wanted them to produce as rookies. We have a QB that was brilliant in his first year as a starter and will be better next year. Our O line was questionable this year but also will gain experience.
Winning the Championship is a hard thing to do. You all make it sound so easy because all we have to do is get new people. Well who do you want as replacements. We cant just go out and get all the best players, the Commanders did that and look at where they finished.
I beg you to lay off the fire this guy and fire that guy stuff because we made progress this year. We finished 9-7 this year but we also played in a strong divison. You have to be happy with this year. We found a QB that looks to be our franchies player. We arn't going to win the super bowl every year. We have to build up to it. It will happen again soon if we keep on the track we are on. And to all you nay sayers look at it like this.......at least your not a Commander fan.

We would only have had the lead for a minute or two... the Hawks would have driven down the field and their kicker would have nailed a 50 yarder... the game was lost because of going for too many 3's when the 7's we there for the taking... no imagination... glad he is gone... he left some good pieces behind.... bye

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1382333 said:
We would only have had the lead for a minute or two... the Hawks would have driven down the field and their kicker would have nailed a 50 yarder... the game was lost because of going for too many 3's when the 7's we there for the taking... no imagination... glad he is gone... he left some good pieces behind.... bye

I see you too have been paying attention.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would have liked for Parcells to stay another year but he made his choice. I'm glad we got Phillips and like what I'm seeing in terms of staff that is being put into place.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The team's overall talent level improved so much under Parcells, I wanted him to stay around for another year. I was thinking we could easily do worse with whoever replaced him, and we easily can, if the chemistry isn't right.

But one stat keeps jumping out at me, and that's Parcells' 0-9 record in same-season rematches against winning teams during his 4 years in Dallas. I think Parcells was ultimately outcoached when it came to preparation for these games, by coaches who were younger and hungrier. Maybe he just didn't have the energy for it.