"Get Rid of Parcells"

neosapien23

Reaction score
Alexander;1323867 said:
It isn't anything close to living in the past.

That is what people pining away for Jimmy Johnson do.

Despite all the horror and "mediocrity" we were still two games and a muffed FG attempt away from the Super Bowl.

That's living in the now. Provided we get a solid defensive coordinator and patch some holes, we can easily put ourselves in excellent position.

Seattle is a bad team with alot of injuries. The fact that the offense could only put 13 points on them is quite telling. Dallas needs a younger coaching staff. Players and coaches do not respond well to someone who is year to year. If Parcells was fifty years old, I would have no problems with him. He is 65 though and his health will always be a concern. I just don't think it is very prudent to ask a 65 year old man to put in the hours needed to make a championship team.

I do think this will be BP's last year. I think he is intentionally letting coaches go instead of firing them. Hew will bring in Henning and maybe someone like Groh as DC with a promise to take over as HC.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;1323880 said:
so'k. it's a classic to me and it just kinda fell out while halftime was starting cause you used it a few times and the quote fit. : )
Great movie, of course. I quoted it just the other day.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
iceberg;1323880 said:
so'k. it's a classic to me and it just kinda fell out while halftime was starting cause you used it a few times and the quote fit. : ) disclaimer(fit the use of the word, not your understanding or potential lack there of as i figured you did know it but hey, it was meant to be funny.)

You are a very strange person, iceberg.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Alexander;1323885 said:
Questioning someone's ability to define a simple word isn't being a fool?

again, pick the point and forget the picture.

like where i explain it's a movie quote and he gets it the next post.

please, keep thinking i really thought he didn't know the meaning of the word as it suits your argument despite a contradictory story around it.

that's just you.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1323886 said:
Dream on...
That 3-4 defense is ALL Parcells.
He has his fingerprints all over it and you know it.
Built and run by him.Stop kidding yourself.

Even Spagnola beleives this is the case. I think Zimmer was just too classy to complain about the Tuna overriding him in the playcalling.

Alexander

Reaction score
neosapien23;1323891 said:
Seattle is a bad team with alot of injuries.

So how did they hang with Chicago as long as they did?

The way you hear people talk, they should have been crushed instead of going into overtime.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1323888 said:
I'll humbly eat crow if that's the case.

I don't know. I have my suspicions, but I don't know.

What makes you so sure?

Nothing in this team gets done without Duane's approval.
Nothing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1323909 said:
Nothing in this team gets done without Duane's approval.
Nothing.
Artie, the night janitor at Valley Ranch, knows his stuff.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1323927 said:
Another failed attempt at comedy.
If you say so, it must be true. Apparently, there's no need to back up anything you say whatsoever.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1323939 said:
If you say so, it must be true. Apparently, there's no need to back up anything you say whatsoever.

I back it up,you just won't read it.
You go after my every post like a heat seeking missile in pure and unadultered Brokeback fashion trying to come across as smarter than the rest of the board.
Going over other threads to find my posts and calling me a regurtitator.
Wow,you really had me there,what a big word.
Because I happen to agree with a poster's reply.
I guess agreeing with someone on something is a function you don't experience often.
You and I are polar opposites,if I'm a regurgitator,then what does that make you?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1323997 said:
I back it up,you just won't read it.
You go after my every post like a heat seeking missile in pure and unadultered Brokeback fashion trying to come across as smarter than the rest of the board.
Going over other threads to find my posts and calling me a regurtitator.
Wow,you really had me there,what a big word.
Because I happen to agree with a poster's reply.
I guess agreeing with someone on something is a function you don't experience often.
You and I are polar opposites,if I'm a regurgitator,then what does that make you?
You should stick to repeating phrases you've heard. When you venture out on your own it doesn't work so well.

Reaction score
A lot of you guys dont know what you are yapping about why fire Parcells? Do you remember Dave Campo? you want another 5-11 season? I will be first to admit that I am disapointed that we have not won yet. we let the right guy go when Zimmer took his dumb *** out of here to ruin another team. I think we are on the verge of something and see how it plays out. Most of you guys where on your knees for Romo and now you probably want to send him to the Gallos. The worst thing that could have happened to Parcells his first season here was to win and go 10-6 with Campos worthless players. We won with smoke and Mirriors and that #1 Deff was a product of us playing ball control and holding on to the ball. So Parcells felt obligated to give that team another ride then Quincy is gone and we are stuck with Vinny. That is when that team showed its true colors. Parcells then had to redo his roster and we still didnt have a QB and no one knows if we still do. In other words that first season was a fluke and the 2nd season was a wash so this should be the year that we get over the hump. And you clowns are tired of 9-7 seasons try becoming a fan of the cardinals or the browns or the raiders lions and so on. keep your head out of your *** Fire a hall of fame coach yeah that is smart. What happened last time JJ fired a good coach any one remember Jimmy Jhonson?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
the starfish killer;1324145 said:
A lot of you guys dont know what you are yapping about why fire Parcells? Do you remember Dave Campo? you want another 5-11 season? I will be first to admit that I am disapointed that we have not won yet. we let the right guy go when Zimmer took his dumb *** out of here to ruin another team. I think we are on the verge of something and see how it plays out. Most of you guys where on your knees for Romo and now you probably want to send him to the Gallos. The worst thing that could have happened to Parcells his first season here was to win and go 10-6 with Campos worthless players. We won with smoke and Mirriors and that #1 Deff was a product of us playing ball control and holding on to the ball. So Parcells felt obligated to give that team another ride then Quincy is gone and we are stuck with Vinny. That is when that team showed its true colors. Parcells then had to redo his roster and we still didnt have a QB and no one knows if we still do. In other words that first season was a fluke and the 2nd season was a wash so this should be the year that we get over the hump. And you clowns are tired of 9-7 seasons try becoming a fan of the cardinals or the browns or the raiders lions and so on. keep your head out of your *** Fire a hall of fame coach yeah that is smart. What happened last time JJ fired a good coach any one remember Jimmy Jhonson?

Paragraphs are our friends.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score

And what exactly makes you think we'll go 5-11 when Duane leaves?
Oh,and you mentioned the Lions,the 2-13 Lions that came to Texas Stadium and beat us.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score

Welcome to the board......

Alexander

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1324178 said:
And what exactly makes you think we'll go 5-11 when Duane leaves?

Probably the same logic that dooms us to "mediocrity" if he stays out his current contract.