"Get Rid of Parcells"

Reaction score
thanks CB. yes Avril Laivine those Lions just because they beat the Cowboys would it be fun to be one of there fans? And you can stick your paragraphs up your ARSE

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The only logic I've heard from the opposite side ....... If's, Maybes, If we do this, If we do that, and Maybe if we hire a good so & so.

That logic could be successful whether Parcells leaves or stays. ;)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cbz40;1324245 said:
The only logic I've heard from the opposite side ....... If's, Maybes, If we do this, If we do that, and Maybe if we hire a good so & so.

That logic could be successful whether Parcells leaves or stays. ;)
And the only logic I hear is that everything will be just fine if he is gone and replaced with virtually anyone.

Who has the larger margin of error?

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
the starfish killer;1324235 said:
thanks CB. yes Avril Laivine those Lions just because they beat the Cowboys would it be fun to be one of there fans? And you can stick your paragraphs up your ARSE

I predict a short tenure for you on this board.

Reaction score
thanks Alex. It bugs me when People want to overlook the point and say "you misspelled this and you didnt put in paragraph form" Blah Blah Blah. I love gettiing off to a good start.:lmao:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Alexander;1324253 said:
And the only logic I hear is that everything will be just fine if he is gone and replaced with virtually anyone.

Who has the larger margin of error?

I dont think there is a consensus that he be replaced with "virtually anyone".....another example of throwing garbage against the wall to see if sticks.

Who has the margin of error? Parcells failure to win within the division, Playoffs, and "big Games" is very suspect. His margin of error in my book has diminished.

nc1054

Reaction score
Starfish, it was nice knowing you. Too bad you won't be around in a couple of weeks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I wish people would stop throwing Campo out there like it makes Parcells great since he can go 9-7 where Campo only went 5-11. Campo could get 9-7 out of the talent on this team. Why can't Parcells do better?

Cristoff

Reaction score
I'm not sure who should be held responsible for the Cowboys futility over the span of Parcells tenure. If I'm upgrading someone on the Cowboys staff I start by getting rid of whomever makes our 2'nd round draft selections.

2003 al johnson - backup
2004 jacob rogers - gone
2005 kevin burnett - backup
2006 anthony fasano - gets a pass for this year but has neither shown the ability to block or make a difference in the passing game...kinda what a TE needs to do.

I understand that hindsight is 20/20, but this is what you'd call a trend. In all actuality with the exception of Witten, Barber, and possibly James, our 3rd and 4th round picks over this time period aren't very good either. It's important to draft solid contributors in the later rounds to fill out your team on the cheap instead of blowing cash on the Riveras, Kosiers, and Vanderjagts of the world.
The point is that coaching is secondary to talent and the Cowboys haven't been successful enough during Parcells stay at acquiring talent. If Parcells is doing the shopping then we do need an upgrade at that position.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta wonder if Parcells name was John Doe whether some of these folks would still be rooting for his return.

He's still here because of what he's done with other teams, not for what he's done in Dallas IMO.

He's not the same and his mere demeanor on the sidelines show it. Ask some of his former players who've noticed the same thing.

Parcells' has done some great things in his career, none of which have taken place in Dallas.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sarge;1326066 said:
Gotta wonder if Parcells name was John Doe whether some of these folks would still be rooting for his return.

He's still here because of what he's done with other teams, not for what he's done in Dallas IMO.

He's not the same and his mere demeanor on the sidelines show it. Ask some of his former players who've noticed the same thing.

Parcells' has done some great things in his career, none of which have taken place in Dallas.

I posed the same question earlier, and of course nobody had anything to ay

its 100% true...

David

superpunk

Reaction score
If "John Doe" had returned this team to respectability and contention after 10 years of going nowhere, and gave it direction, well then I reckon "John Doe" would have plenty of support with fans around the nation.

lspain1

Reaction score
Sarge;1326066 said:

All good points Sarge. I agree.

I have stopped arguing about this, although I am firmly in the "hope Parcells retires" camp. The swoon this December with only one piece missing (Ellis) really made an impact on my thinking. However, it looks like Parcells will return so we move on.

The more important question now (assuming he is back) is what are we going to differently next season. We had a Jekyll and Hyde season. Was it talent that caused the problem or the "scheme" and the coaching? What changed during and after the Saints game?

Simple questions....that seem to defy simple answers. For right now, I want coordinators that work on the scheme all the time to maximize our talent. I want coordinators that Parcells has enough confidence in to allow them to make decisions. I want coordinators that the players have confidence in.

I hope we get them....but with the uncertainty here....I have my doubts.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
the starfish killer;1324289 said:
thanks Alex. It bugs me when People want to overlook the point and say "you misspelled this and you didnt put in paragraph form" Blah Blah Blah. I love gettiing off to a good start.:lmao:

Skid Row had "18 and Life"
Starfish Killer had "15 and Gone"....:lmao:

Reaction score
bratchek;1323382 said:
Everybody on this board seems to want to get rid of Bill. Why is That? We made the playoffs and only lost in the wildcard round because of a fluke play. If Romo holds onto the ball we may be playing today and you are all pumped about Bill, TO, Roy, and everyone else on the team. I'm tired of all the knee jerk reactions when we should look at the big picture and here it is. We made the playoffs this year..........we didn't go far but that says progress. We arn't loosing much this year and all those guys that are on the D line are entering their 3rd year and should start producing even though you all wanted them to produce as rookies. We have a QB that was brilliant in his first year as a starter and will be better next year. Our O line was questionable this year but also will gain experience.
Winning the Championship is a hard thing to do. You all make it sound so easy because all we have to do is get new people. Well who do you want as replacements. We cant just go out and get all the best players, the Commanders did that and look at where they finished.
I beg you to lay off the fire this guy and fire that guy stuff because we made progress this year. We finished 9-7 this year but we also played in a strong divison. You have to be happy with this year. We found a QB that looks to be our franchies player. We arn't going to win the super bowl every year. We have to build up to it. It will happen again soon if we keep on the track we are on. And to all you nay sayers look at it like this.......at least your not a Commander fan.

Why are you still bringing Bill Parcells up? :confused:

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
and why was it good BP left. Let's start by saying it is a fresh start, just like when Romo replaced Bledsoe,it gave fans a new sense of hope.

this team didn't respond to Parcells anymore,just look at the players comments once they new of Phillips coming aboard. His vanilla defensive scheme killed this teams chances. True the players must perform,but the coaches must put them in positions to make plays,That's their job.

The team was up and down,and the truth is they were tired of his ways.

he also didn't have the fear factor anymore,he lost that when he started kissing players on the sidelines:)

who knows if phillips will help this team to the next level,but one things for sure,the fresh start will invigerate the team and fans as well IMO