"Its The Rams Dude"

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Lots of responses in this useless thread.........

As long as posters post stupid **** on this site, I'll call them out on it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;4210834 said:
ZZZZINGGGGGG

Actually, I kinda thought this was a well placed thread. Not too harsh and not too forgiving. Right on target.

It's misguided, ill-informed and disingenuous. He's suggesting that the Rams are somehow better than everyone thought because they are going to be 1-6 instead of 0-7.

In 1989, our one win came against an eventual 10 win Commanders team by double digits in Washington. Did that make that team anything other than terrible?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
sonnyboy;4210851 said:

Lighten up, Frances...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4210853 said:
It's misguided, ill-informed and disingenuous. He's suggesting that the Rams are somehow better than everyone thought because they are going to be 1-6 instead of 0-7.

In 1989, our one win came against an eventual 10 win Commanders team by double digits in Washington. Did that make that team anything other than terrible?

It hit the know-it-alls right where it hurts. They'll be ok though. It's just a stinger.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4210853 said:

I think (respectfully), you missed his point (or maybe I am). I don't think is argument is that they are better than 1-6. I think his argument is that you never discount a win. A win is big in the NFL now matter who you are playing. Take it and be grateful for it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
rcaldw;4210846 said:
Of course not Roy. I'm simply saying winning a game in the NFL is never a given, even when it should be, because all these guys in the NFL have talent, and on any given Sunday (cliche I know), they can rise up and give you trouble.

It may be cliche, but i fully agree with what you just said. Its the truth, it takes a good effort to beat any team any Sunday.

However, the problem here is that the OP is trying to make it out to seem like everybody here just spit on the win and said "Oh well we still arn't that good.", when i didn't see anything like that here.

Certainly, alot of people were cautiously optimistic, as they should be, because.. lets face it, the Rams arn't that good of a football team and while its nice that we beat them, its even nicer that we beat a team that we were supposed to beat. They stink, and we did our job. The OP is trying to make it seem like they're a good football team and we arn't giving our team enough credit for how great of a win that was, when in reality it wasn't as impressive of a victory as he's trying to make it out to be.

We won a game we should have won. I wouldn't get to overly excited about it just because the Rams are winning today. They're still only going to be 1-6 and they are still a bad football team.

I think most know our D is one of the best in the league and our offense can be very good as well, no one is underestimating this team like the OP wants us to believe.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4210843 said:
I don't think that is the point at all...

The point of the matter is that users here, and experts on TV discounted the Cowboys beating th Rams and Murray's performance...

You've also heard all week about the 62 that NO hung up last week...

Given that, it shows that there is no dominant team and the Cowboys are certainly in the mix...

Discounting the blowout win and Murray's yardage are two different matters. The Rams have an awful run defense, this is a statistical fact. It is foolish to ever base your opinion of a player off one game, especially when that game was against a team who's ultimate weakness played to that player's strength (In Murray's case, running the ball).

Discounting the blowout win as something less than a beatdown of a bad team is foolish and misguided, but making it out to be some great season-altering win is as well. Making the Rams out to be anything more than a bottom three team in this league is just wrong.

Also, there arent many good or great teams in NFL history who didnt lose at least one game that should have won during the season. Everyone has bad games. Good teams just have them few and far between.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
sonnyboy;4210851 said:

Did you look at the actual responses? Its only because everyone wants to jump in to point out how silly you look for posting this.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;4210859 said:
It hit the know-it-alls right where it hurts. They'll be ok though. It's just a stinger.

But his point is even more illogical than those discounting the win, because it's factually incorrect as opposed to just logically flawed.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
sonnyboy;4210851 said:

Stupidity draws a lot of attention. Never mistake interest for accuracy.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw;4210864 said:
I think (respectfully), you missed his point (or maybe I am). I don't think is argument is that they are better than 1-6. I think his argument is that you never discount a win. A win is big in the NFL now matter who you are playing. Take it and be grateful for it.

He said that the Rams will win half of their games over the next six weeks. Seems to me like he believes they arent terrible, and every statistic says otherwise.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw;4210864 said:

That's pretty much it. Teams in this league are closer than most realize.

Its just that some of the nay sayers on this site can get a little tiring. All too often the accomplishments of the our team are only the results of poor play on the part of the opposition.

However, when we come up short, seldom is credit or even acknowledgement given to the other team that also gets paid.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
:lmao2: The Rams may not hold on to this lead. :lmao2:

I still love how threads like this get certain people amped. It tickles me. :p:

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;4210787 said:
I don't know why people insist on making threads like these, calling out fellow fans, it's like trolling the forum you're a member of.

Do you honestly think it's crazy for people to have been somewhat cautious about our performance against a team that was winless coming in?

thank you. :bow:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4210895 said:
He said that the Rams will win half of their games over the next six weeks. Seems to me like he believes they arent terrible, and every statistic says otherwise.

That was a hypothetical scenario. I have no strong opinion on what the Rams will do.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4210869 said:
Discounting the blowout win and Murray's yardage are two different matters. The Rams have an awful run defense, this is a statistical fact. It is foolish to ever base your opinion of a player off one game, especially when that game was against a team who's ultimate weakness played to that player's strength (In Murray's case, running the ball).

Discounting the blowout win as something less than a beatdown of a bad team is foolish and misguided, but making it out to be some great season-altering win is as well. Making the Rams out to be anything more than a bottom three team in this league is just wrong.

Also, there aren't many good or great teams in NFL history who didnt lose at least one game that should have won during the season. Everyone has bad games. Good teams just have them few and far between.

Who said it was a season altering win? I'm also not saying Murray is a superstar. You are the one still discounting the fact that Murray ran roughshod over them but yet no other established backs in the league have this year. You are doing exactly the opposite of what you are accusing others of. I'm in no way saying Murray is a HoF... nor am I saying the Rams don't suck. But I saw many here last week that totally discounted the performance because it was "The Rams, Dude". Brees has plenty of time to bring them back, and probably will, but I didn't see the transitive property being thrown around until you brought it up...

jimmy40

Reaction score
obviously the Rams would be 80 point favorites over the Colts.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Why do I get the strong feeling that if it was a Giants' or Eagles' rookie that went off for 250+ yards against the Rams, the same posters poppin' off about respecting the Rams would be the same ones trying to descredit them.