"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

There are various reports out there as to what the teams are offering and asking. There is one irrefutable fact in this equation. Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

That is why I think it is today that this happens. The Owners meetings will be held in Florida to discuss the schedule in 2008, Compensatory picks, etc. What better time is there for Jerry to get in the Commissioner's ear about reinstatement?

I think the trade happens before they head to Florida. If it doesn't, I imagine it will be while they are there together and can work out the details.

Period point blank...I'd rather he work out a trade for Roy Williams while he is there and have this one done today. Tenessee seems motivated. That may help it happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope it happens on the weekend so it wont be the head story on all the National media shows/papers

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it could happen by tonight. Seems like it's getting into that final stretch sort of thing.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2015519 said:
In truth, I'm still surprised it didn't.

It is going to happen. I don't think when is important. It could very well be today. It could be after we break off talks because Jerry holds firm on the compensation, and then the Titans just cut him anyway. It could happen after PacMan poses as Kong on the cover of a fashion magazine.

You never know with these things.

My vote is May 15.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2015533 said:
It is going to happen. I don't think when is important. It could very well be today. It could be after we break off talks because Jerry holds firm on the compensation, and then the Titans just cut him anyway. It could happen after PacMan poses as Kong on the cover of a fashion magazine.

You never know with these things.

My vote is May 15.
You have to wonder, he expects it to be in April that he is re-instated. How will he react if it isn't until July?

It could blow up for that guy immediately.

Quite a risk actually. No guts, no glory.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

I think this deal gets done today.

pacman1.gif

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jerry should float out the rumor that he has been secretly traded to the Pats...

Goodell would lift the suspension yesterday... :D

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Period point blank...I'd rather he work out a trade for Roy Williams while he is there and have this one done today. Tenessee seems motivated. That may help it happen.

Hos,

How did Roy Williams get in this discussion?

Do you think there is any chance the Lions and Jerry might discuss that issue at the owner's meetings next week?

Frozen700

Reaction score
the sooner the better so i can dream in peace and day dream all day about pac man and Newman shutting WR's down

AbeBeta

Reaction score
stasheroo;2015550 said:

As a condition of this trade, I would like the team and its players to only refer to him as Adam Jones.

coogrfan

Reaction score
CATCH17;2015502 said:
I hope it happens on the weekend so it wont be the head story on all the National media shows/papers

Why on earth would you want that? I can't imagine that the national media is going to look favorably on this.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;2015492 said:
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

There are various reports out there as to what the teams are offering and asking. There is one irrefutable fact in this equation. Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

That is why I think it is today that this happens. The Owners meetings will be held in Florida to discuss the schedule in 2008, Compensatory picks, etc. What better time is there for Jerry to get in the Commissioner's ear about reinstatement?

I think the trade happens before they head to Florida. If it doesn't, I imagine it will be while they are there together and can work out the details.

I don't think the Roy Williams thing a happens until draft day, if at all.

I am hoping it does happen then though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;2015566 said:
As a condition of this trade, I would like the team and its players to only refer to him as Adam Jones.

Second!

100px-Scruffy_(Futurama).JPG

coogrfan

Reaction score
trickblue;2015553 said:
Jerry should float out the rumor that he has been secretly traded to the Pats...

Goodell would lift the suspension yesterday... :D

Does anyone else find it interesting that the Pats, the team that took a chance on Randy Moss when no one else would and who are as desperate for corners as any team in the league, aren't making more of a play for Jones?

Maybe the Pats really are smarter than everyone else. :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2015560 said:

Hos,

How did Roy Williams get in this discussion?

Do you think there is any chance the Lions and Jerry might discuss that issue at the owner's meetings next week?
Yes, I do and I consider him the missing piece of the puzzle that could put us over the top.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:

Holy testicle Tuesday!!! Aber and I agree!! :p:

Run for your lives!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;2015566 said:
I'll second that.

Edit: I agree also (didn't read far enough!)_

superpunk

Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:

I can't let you do that, Dave.