"Period Point Blank" Expect The Trade To Happen Today

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
coogrfan;2015567 said:
Why on earth would you want that? I can't imagine that the national media is going to look favorably on this.

Its one thing to not like him but its quite another thing to think that everyone shares the same brain as you. Thats very theo of you.

The media just like everyone else is mixed on this as it should be; he is probably the most controversial player in the NFL at this moment in time.

Good press or bad press Jerry eats it all up anyway.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:
As a condition of this trade, I would like the team and its players to only refer to him as Adam Jones.

I say we change his name to Qbert.

qbert.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I'd like to see the trade go through but I'm more concerned about having a re-worked contract for Pacman that keeps him in Dallas for at least 3 seasons.

I've heard talk about the Cowboys offering him a one-year deal, but I'm not big on that considering that Newman can leave after the '08 season and Henry after '09.

Having Jones and Newman both potentially walk after the '08 campaign makes me queasy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2015604 said:
Its one thing to not like him but its quite another thing to think that everyone shares the same brain as you. Thats very theo of you.

The media just like everyone else is mixed on this as it should be; he is probably the most controversial player in the NFL at this moment in time.

Good press or bad press Jerry eats it all up anyway.
No one thinks the exact same way, but as you said, Adam Jones is very controversial. The media wll run with that, as they often do. How much emphasis the media places on the trade and for how long are the only issues, imo.

I do agree that Jerry Jones will try to convert any negative news to his franchise's benefit. It wouldn't surprise me if he can deflect a lot of it to his advantage.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Hostile;2015492 said:
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

There are various reports out there as to what the teams are offering and asking. There is one irrefutable fact in this equation. Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

That is why I think it is today that this happens. The Owners meetings will be held in Florida to discuss the schedule in 2008, Compensatory picks, etc. What better time is there for Jerry to get in the Commissioner's ear about reinstatement?

I think the trade happens before they head to Florida. If it doesn't, I imagine it will be while they are there together and can work out the details.

Period point blank...I'd rather he work out a trade for Roy Williams while he is there and have this one done today. Tenessee seems motivated. That may help it happen.

Interesting take hostil

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasEast;2015621 said:
No one thinks the exact same way, but as you said, Adam Jones is very controversial. The media wll run with that, as they often do. How much emphasis the media places on the trade and for how long are the only issues, imo.

I do agree that Jerry Jones will try to convert any negative news to his franchise's benefit. It wouldn't surprise me if he can deflect a lot of it to his advantage.

I just like it because it gives us something real and tangible to talk about leading up to the draft.

It will be interesting to see how Eagles and Stinks fans are going to spin this. Itll just make it that much more appealing when he takes a pick 6 to the house.

FWIW, over at gotitans.com they are pretty split on wanting him to go but the idea that they might only get a 5th for them pisses them off.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:
As a condition of this trade, I would like the team and its players to only refer to him as Adam Jones.

I was thinking the same thing. The best thing he could do for his image is to leave the pacman thing behind him.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;2015588 said:
Yes, I do and I consider him the missing piece of the puzzle that could put us over the top.

Work your mojo, Hos, make it happen... sell your soul to Satan, if you must...

No, not Danny Snyder, the REAL Satan... :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2015645 said:
I just like it because it gives us something real and tangible to talk about leading up to the draft.

It will be interesting to see how Eagles and Stinks fans are going to spin this. Itll just make it that much more appealing when he takes a pick 6 to the house.
"IF It'll just make it that much more appealing when he takes a pick 6 to the house." Fixed.

His success is contingent upon Jones keeping himself in check off-the-field so that he can increase his chances of making plays on-the-field. I could care less what Philadelphia and Washington fans think as long as Jones places self-restraints on his own extra-curricular activities..

FuzzyLumpkins;2015645 said:
FWIW, over at gotitans.com they are pretty split on wanting him to go but the idea that they might only get a 5th for them pisses them off.
I would be pissed off too, but better them than me! :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;2015619 said:
Yeah, I'd like to see the trade go through but I'm more concerned about having a re-worked contract for Pacman that keeps him in Dallas for at least 3 seasons.

I've heard talk about the Cowboys offering him a one-year deal, but I'm not big on that considering that Newman can leave after the '08 season and Henry after '09.

Having Jones and Newman both potentially walk after the '08 campaign makes me queasy.
And people still think we shouldn't go CB at 22.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2015647 said:
I was thinking the same thing. The best thing he could do for his image is to leave the pacman thing behind him.
It'll never happen. The media and his past/present "make it rain" fans will never make that so.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;2015566 said:

Management and coaching staff should refer to him as "the player".:cool:

His teammates should call him "Rainman".;)

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This better not be Brandon Everage all over again....

(I fully expect to be banned right now.)

;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sonnyboy;2015665 said:
Management and coaching staff should refer to him as "the player".:cool:

His teammates should call him "Rainman".;)
rainmanfull.jpg

"NoNoNo! Shaddup! I'm gonna make it rain! $18,000! $18,000! None sequential bills! I'm not listening! $18,000! $18,000! A stripper pole is 8 feet long! NoNoNo! Shaddup! I'm gonna make it rain! Goodell! Goodell!!!!!!"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;2015668 said:
This better not be Brandon Everage all over again....

(I fully expect to be banned right now.)

;)
I don't ban anyone for speaking the truth.

:bastid:

However, this thread is strictly my opinion. I was sharing Inside info on that thread. I know some guys on another site think I am lying about that, but screw them. When they can explain how I knew Everage was in Oxnard maybe then they'd have a point.