would work too.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2015492 said:
Period point blank

Stop beating around the bush will ya... :D

Hostile;2015492 said:
Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

Goodell is proving to me more and more inconsistent. If you are gonna reinstate him for upcoming season then do it so he can get the whole football process in... ie. OTA's etc...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
YoMick;2015693 said:
Stop beating around the bush will ya... :D

Goodell is proving to me more and more inconsistent. If you are gonna reinstate him for upcoming season then do it so he can get the whole football process in... ie. OTA's etc...

Goodell is just waiting for the owners to tell him what to do. FWIW, the Titans fans over at gotitans believe that Goodell refused to reinstate or look to reinstate Jones becasue Fisher and Co told him not to.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;2015690 said:
galaga-logo.gif
would work too.
I used to love that game back when I was a teenager. I once scored nearly 19 million points off one quarter. It nearly took me 6 hours. Ah, those were the days... :rolleyes: :)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Like Deion Sanders and Terrell Owens before him, he will go from being someone I despise to someone I like the second his John Hancock is on the contract. Funny what putting a star on your helmet will do.

It hasn't been announced yet, so for now, I still consider him to be a thug and not star-worthy.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2015492 said:
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

There are various reports out there as to what the teams are offering and asking. There is one irrefutable fact in this equation. Pacman is still suspended by the NFL, and Jerry will be using that trump card to keep the price down. Especially if he may not be reisntated until July as has been hinted.

Now, the question becomes, if it isn't until July and Pacman misses the OTAs and Mini Camps, how does that handicap the Cowboys getting him acclimated to the Defense before Training Camp in Oxnard?

That is why I think it is today that this happens. The Owners meetings will be held in Florida to discuss the schedule in 2008, Compensatory picks, etc. What better time is there for Jerry to get in the Commissioner's ear about reinstatement?

I think the trade happens before they head to Florida. If it doesn't, I imagine it will be while they are there together and can work out the details.

Period point blank...I'd rather he work out a trade for Roy Williams while he is there and have this one done today. Tenessee seems motivated. That may help it happen.

Completely agree it's going to happen today because Jerry has the owenrs meetings next week.

I don't think Pacman missing some minicamps would hurt as much if he weren't such a good man to man CB. I really think Wade is going to just use man to man for him and Newman on about 90% of the base defense plays. Then on the Nickel Pacman will be outside anyway.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2015492 said:

Both teams understand that they have time to do this deal and that given the suspension lasting until July..if it does..

..that is still plenty of time to get PacMan ready for the opener.

If the deal is done and we own his rights, I'm sure at that point, they can begin feeding him the playbook, just not by direct contact with front office or coaches or in formal camp settings.

Even thru his attorney..best friend..Michael Irvin, etc.

And they could and should be able to let him start training himself with some trainer not associated with the team directly, but who understands what he would be doing now to get himself ready for the TC.

There has to be oodles of former player/trainers these guys use getting ready for the Combine available to be hired for such work with Pacman. Again, if they are not direct team staff..that should be acceptable until the suspension is lifted.

And once a trade goes down, I'm wondering once he becomes team property, if it's not going to be possible to let Calvin Hill begin doing his evaluation, evaluations that are not going to be team workout related..to make the transition for PacMan to come to Dallas once the suspension is lifted.

I really don't see where Goodell is going to take this suspension past the 1 yr. anniversary date. There is no precedent for it. A 1 yr. suspension is pretty hefty for a 1st time suspension and I think teams and especially the Players Union might begin to cry foul if Goodell makes this a 1 1/2 yr. suspension on a first suspension...which is about where it would be by late July.

At that point, it begins to look like a prejudice on the part of the Commissioners Office to conspire to deprive PacMan of his right to earn a living if he has complied up to that point.

Goodell needs to look even handed with this and he needs to avoid being overly lenient yet not excessively harsh with this situation.

That's why I think the NFL will lift his suspension prior to the Draft to allow Dallas to plug him into the player support in Dallas and allow him to begin the transition, closely supervised by the Dallas staff.

To withhold that opportunity from PacMan otherwise just isn't very conducive to successfully resolving this situation to the best of all concerned parties.

What the NFL really wants to do at this point is place PacMan on his own accountability with all needed underlying support and hope that they can now use the PacMan situation as an example of success in rehabbing a player thru the use of the suspension, the players own willingness to change and giving him whatever is available to do that thru his new teams own resources.

This makes it a win-win deal.

The Cowboys, if they are agreeable to work toward it with their resources, then they deserve credit for extending themselves for that player.

The NFL gets credit for working with the player and helping him correct his mistakes and hopefully it turning out successful.

And the player gets his chance to re-integrate back into the NFL and continue to pursue his career, a right any player should be allowed to do if that's their desire and they have complied with the suspensions and whatever else is needed to finish up their situation so they can move forward.

Faced with that, the NFL needs to lift the suspension after the 1 yr, and stop what appears to excessive punishment that not even the judicial system has found to be a grounds for to incarcerate him.

The NFL is not above the US judicial system and if the judicial system says "PacMan, go ahead and begin your life again, you have complied.."..the NFL would look as if it's holding it's league rules higher than Constitutional rights and law.

If the NFL does that..I think the NFL is headed down a very wrong path and can be held accountable for excessive and prejudicial behavior in singling out PacMan with too much suspension time and it could become another issue the NFL just doesn't need right now with all the scrutiny it's under with SpyGate.

I look for the NFL to wake up and get this out of it's agendas for now.

Free PacMan..Free PacMan..now.

:pc:

We'll see.

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS :starspin

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I know that it now seems quite likely that this trade is going to come off, but if you step back a little bit, it really is a surprising move.

Heck, it was just last draft day that the Cowboys (and the majority of cowboyszone posters) were dead set against picking the CB from UNLV with first round talent (Eric Wright) in the 2nd round due to his personal baggage.

And yet Adam Jones, a guy whose baggage has baggage, a guy who makes Antonio Bryant look stable, a guy who Tank Johnson looks at and says "at least I'm not that screwed up," is now set to join the team.

That new stadium is amazingly big. Maybe Jerry built a psychiatric ward under one of those endzones.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015710 said:
I know that it now seems quite likely that this trade is going to come off, but if you step back a little bit, it really is a surprising move.

Heck, it was just last draft day that the Cowboys (and the majority of cowboyszone posters) were dead set against picking the CB from UNLV with first round talent (Eric Wright) in the 2nd round due to his personal baggage.

And yet Adam Jones, a guy whose baggage has baggage, a guy who makes Antonio Bryant look stable, a guy who Tank Johnson looks at and says "at least I'm not that screwed up," is now set to join the team.

That new stadium is amazingly big. Maybe Jerry built a psychiatric ward under one of those endzones.

It's like that scene in Forrest Gump, when the Bear Bryant character and his assistant coach watch Gump run a kick-off back for a touchdown. Paraphrasing ....

"That must be the dumbest (SOB) that's ever played."

"Yeah, but he sure is fast."

coogrfan

Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015710 said:

:laugh2: ... :bow:

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Redball Express;2015709 said:
Both teams understand that they have time to do this deal and that given the suspension lasting until July..if it does..

..that is still plenty of time to get PacMan ready for the opener.

If the deal is done and we own his rights, I'm sure at that point, they can begin feeding him the playbook, just not by direct contact with front office or coaches or in formal camp settings.

Even thru his attorney..best friend..Michael Irvin, etc.

And they could and should be able to let him start training himself with some trainer not associated with the team directly, but who understands what he would be doing now to get himself ready for the TC.

There has to be oodles of former player/trainers these guys use getting ready for the Combine available to be hired for such work with Pacman. Again, if they are not direct team staff..that should be acceptable until the suspension is lifted.

And once a trade goes down, I'm wondering once he becomes team property, if it's not going to be possible to let Calvin Hill begin doing his evaluation, evaluations that are not going to be team workout related..to make the transition for PacMan to come to Dallas once the suspension is lifted.

I really don't see where Goodell is going to take this suspension past the 1 yr. anniversary date. There is no precedent for it. A 1 yr. suspension is pretty hefty for a 1st time suspension and I think teams and especially the Players Union might begin to cry foul if Goodell makes this a 1 1/2 yr. suspension on a first suspension...which is about where it would be by late July.

At that point, it begins to look like a prejudice on the part of the Commissioners Office to conspire to deprive PacMan of his right to earn a living if he has complied up to that point.

Goodell needs to look even handed with this and he needs to avoid being overly lenient yet not excessively harsh with this situation.

That's why I think the NFL will lift his suspension prior to the Draft to allow Dallas to plug him into the player support in Dallas and allow him to begin the transition, closely supervised by the Dallas staff.

To withhold that opportunity from PacMan otherwise just isn't very conducive to successfully resolving this situation to the best of all concerned parties.

What the NFL really wants to do at this point is place PacMan on his own accountability with all needed underlying support and hope that they can now use the PacMan situation as an example of success in rehabbing a player thru the use of the suspension, the players own willingness to change and giving him whatever is available to do that thru his new teams own resources.

This makes it a win-win deal.

The Cowboys, if they are agreeable to work toward it with their resources, then they deserve credit for extending themselves for that player.

The NFL gets credit for working with the player and helping him correct his mistakes and hopefully it turning out successful.

And the player gets his chance to re-integrate back into the NFL and continue to pursue his career, a right any player should be allowed to do if that's their desire and they have complied with the suspensions and whatever else is needed to finish up their situation so they can move forward.

Faced with that, the NFL needs to lift the suspension after the 1 yr, and stop what appears to excessive punishment that not even the judicial system has found to be a grounds for to incarcerate him.

The NFL is not above the US judicial system and if the judicial system says "PacMan, go ahead and begin your life again, you have complied.."..

I think the NFL is headed down a very wrong path and can be held accountable for excessive and prejudicial behavior in singling out PacMan with too much suspension time.

We'll see.

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS :starspin

i agree and great points. my thing is like Tank they didn't lift the suspension, but let him workout with the team. i could see that happening, but i'm like you anything over a year would stir issues

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2015710 said:

I am against Pac, but I was all for going after Eric Wright. I think the difference in opinion for most would be the 'video evidence' that Pacman can play at a high level in the NFL.

Wright had potential, Pacman has already proven his worth in the NFL.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile;2015686 said:
I don't ban anyone for speaking the truth.

:bastid:

However, this thread is strictly my opinion. I was sharing Inside info on that thread. I know some guys on another site think I am lying about that, but screw them. When they can explain how I knew Everage was in Oxnard maybe then they'd have a point.

I was kidding with the Everage stuff (which I am sure you are aware of).

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile;2015588 said:
Yes, I do and I consider him the missing piece of the puzzle that could put us over the top.

Hmm...Thanks Hostile!
That's the most interesting nugget in this thread, imo. Keep us informed if you can.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZeroClub;2015710 said:

Adam Jones isn't crazy. He's as dumb as a rock. Now, Terrell Owens on the other hand...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Adam "Pacman" Jones will probably be a Dallas Cowboy by the end of the day. The only thing left to work out is compensation for him. The Titans want something in return for a guy who was the 6th pick in his draft class. They also want to sever ties with him and his past.

That is where the boat is stuck on the sandbar waiting for the tide. Who gives in first and opens the floodgates to allow more water in the reservoir?

maybe by the afternoon the coast guard will come in and seize the boat and this nightmare will go away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;2015728 said:
I was kidding with the Everage stuff (which I am sure you are aware of).
Oh yeah. Just clarifying for anyone who did not know the story.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2015729 said:
Hmm...Thanks Hostile!
That's the most interesting nugget in this thread, imo. Keep us informed if you can.
I sure will. I have my fingers crossed that someone lets me know if there is action on this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2015741 said:
Oh yeah. Just clarifying for anyone who did not know the story.
Oh, forget about all that ancient Brandon Everage nonsense. Instead, let's hear all about your personal love of kickers. Now THAT'S entertainment! :laugh1:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DallasEast;2015732 said:
Adam Jones isn't crazy. He's as stupid as a rock. Now, Terrell Owens on the other hand...

I really dont think hes that stupid. He was on the honor roll at WVU and he did that coming out of the school systems at college park. He talks like he does with the double negatives and whatnot because of where he grew up.

He just has a short fuse and has no self control when hes pissed. You may have had a friend like that; i have actually had a few. just look at his rap sheet. Its bar brawl, bar brawl, arguing with woman, arguing with woman, charge at a cop.

Now granted those are stupid actions but anger does that to people.