"The Search is Over... you were with us all the while"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;1737334 said:
Lets get this straight RIGHT NOW. Quincy was GONE the day we signed Henson and Testeverde. Regardless of what ANYONE says, its all BS anyway. Vinny was brought here to START and mentor Henson. Vinny was never brought here to backup Carter. The plan would have went off like clockwork too, but Romo got in the way and Henson was sent packing. Anyone still believing Vinny was brought here as a backup is in denial. Dont mean to offend, just the truth.....

I would agree that when Henson was brought in I think the team was pretty much conviced that Carter was not going to be the long term solutions. As far as Vinny I do think he was brought in to compete for the job not just come in and play backup. Thankfully those days are done.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Heres how I KNEW about Vinny. We had Vinny , Q, Henson, and Romo at the time. Thats one too many. Vinny wasnt gonna get cut, we just signed him, and he was BP' boy. Henson wasnt gonna get cut, we just traded for him. That left Q and Romo. Bill and Payton were raving about Romo. Pretty easy to see who was going bye bye. Couple weeks later Q was gone.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737339 said:
I would agree that when Henson was brought in I think the team was pretty much conviced that Carter was not going to be the long term solutions. As far as Vinny I do think he was brought in to compete for the job not just come in and play backup. Thankfully those days are done.

I dont know... it seemed like "wink, wink Vinny compete for the job"... Parcells thought he could control and ride Vinny and "make it happen"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1737338 said:
Yup.... for me..... Romo getting thrown into the fire at halftime vs the Giants. He just seemed like he was gonna fit it. INT's and all.... the "spark"...

even with that loss..... "A New Hope" - thats exactly how I felt...

I think his golf mentality serves him well. You boggie a hole you don't dwell on it you move on to the next hole. There is nothing you can do about what just happen you can only control what is about to happen. I saw that in Roger and yes I see it in Favre he does not worry about the mistake he just made he comes right back at you. I think that is an important trait for any athlete. If you are afraid of making mistakes then Pro sports is not for you because you will make them but how you bounce back tells alot about the player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1737342 said:
I dont know... it seemed like "wink, wink Vinny compete for the job"... Parcells thought he could control and ride Vinny and "make it happen"

Well BP trusted Vinny I don't know how much he trusted Carter. Chances are we will never know the whole story

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
YoMick;1737048 said:
I think this deserves a thread. An appreciation thread of sorts.

I know only a few on here(or any cowboy fan for that matter) can claim to have seen some greatness or real potential in Tony. I was not one of them.

I was like "Tony who?"... whats his name "Romo" ? LOL

Alot of pain and suffering endured by us fans watching the QB carousel over the years. Romo is the 9th QB... Ironic... #9.

This is the start of something new. He seems even more determined to show that his big money contract will have been worth it.

Its a great day in Dallas Cowboys history.... already.... ;)

Nice obscure 80s band reference in the title. He was a definite survivor and has the eye of the tiger ;)

I was skeptical at first, saw him as a 1-AA bench warmer his entire career. His first pass against the Giants was not pretty but he has huge stones, manned up and has been pretty brilliant for us ever since.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737344 said:
I think his golf mentality serves him well. You boggie a hole you don't dwell on it you move on to the next hole. There is nothing you can do about what just happen you can only control what is about to happen. I saw that in Roger and yes I see it in Favre he does not worry about the mistake he just made he comes right back at you. I think that is an important trait for any athlete. If you are afraid of making mistakes then Pro sports is not for you because you will make them but how you bounce back tells alot about the player.

Abso-romo-lutely!

Doomsday101;1737346 said:
Well BP trusted Vinny I don't know how much he trusted Carter. Chances are we will never know the whole story

True.

All is NOW good on the Cowboys front.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1737347 said:
Nice obscure 80s band reference in the title. He was a definite survivor and has the eye of the tiger ;)

Right back atcha!

with Romo.... "I can see forver" LOL
or atleast until 2013 :laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737346 said:

Think about that a minute. Carter was as far a reach as Henson and Hutch.
A conservitave coach wouldn't trust Carter. Viny was proven. I think you are more than right.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1737344 said:
I think his golf mentality serves him well. You boggie a hole you don't dwell on it you move on to the next hole.
Very true, albeit with one less club in your bag after you created your very own golf course sculpture by wrapping your five iron around that maple sapling.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How could anyone have seen greatness or potential in Romo
Man boobs would not play him!!!!
Bledsoe had to have gotten really bad for us to see Romo and once we did there was this tremendous buzz of recognition that this was a player.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This is similar to the Ice Bowl game here in Green Bay. The stadium only held about 40k but, well over 100k people claim to have been there.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1737469 said:
Bledsoe had to have gotten really bad for us to see Romo and once we did there was this tremendous buzz of recognition that this was a player.

Yeah JJs method of QB development was much, much better.:rolleyes:

hendog

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1737172 said:
I think the only people who knew Romo was going to turn out to be as good as he is were these guys:

doc.jpg

These guys:

billted.jpg

And maybe this guy:

nos.jpg

Nors called it from the start.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I Think BP saw that Romo could be the guy early on- but his wildness and gunslinger ways made him sit on Romo. Vinny was ol reliable. Nuts. the guy is STILL starting now 3 years later. Q was always a wild card. I think Jerrah wanted to believe he would grow up and mature- but BP convinced him that we had to have a fallback plan in place. I think the decision was made to give Q a shot but to be ready to pull the plug on a moments notice. The drug test added to the way Q was acting in camp because Vinny was there was enough to dump him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
burmafrd;1737660 said:
I Think BP saw that Romo could be the guy early on- but his wildness and gunslinger ways made him sit on Romo. Vinny was ol reliable. Nuts. the guy is STILL starting now 3 years later. Q was always a wild card. I think Jerrah wanted to believe he would grow up and mature- but BP convinced him that we had to have a fallback plan in place. I think the decision was made to give Q a shot but to be ready to pull the plug on a moments notice. The drug test added to the way Q was acting in camp because Vinny was there was enough to dump him.

It got to the point that Romo's inexperience, wildness and gunslinger-ness was STILL better than watching Drew lock in on ONE WR when others were open OR holding on to the ball too long and take 3,4,5 sacks a game.... "I have bad memories...."

Vinny was a joke then and is a bigger joke now.... he is only starting out of sheer desperation by carolina.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1737469 said:

I was high on Romo from his first few plays in the 2003 preseason even after he threw an int on a shuttle pass.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1737958 said:
I was high on Romo from his first few plays in the 2003 preseason even after he threw an int on a shuttle pass.

"cause I'm high on you"

yet another Survivor diddy.... LOL

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
YoMick;1737971 said:
"cause I'm high on you"

yet another Survivor diddy.... LOL

lol

I've liked Romo from the get go, but in all honesty fell for the Henson hype. I thought Henson would become starter and, for good or bad, go with him until we knew for sure whether he was an NFL quarterback. Thank god he failed so miserably so we could find out about Romo for sure.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1737983 said:
lol

I've liked Romo from the get go, but in all honesty fell for the Henson hype. I thought Henson would become starter and, for good or bad, go with him until we knew for sure whether he was an NFL quarterback. Thank god he failed so miserably so we could find out about Romo for sure.

Its ok... me too... I saw Henson zip that TD(I think when he came in for Vinny on thanksgiving)..... then I saw all the dropped passes by the WR's in Europe... I thought Henson was doing well that they were just dropping too many passes......man I bought into it....