"The Search is Over... you were with us all the while"

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I had no idea how Romo was going to turn out when he was picked up as a UDFA but after 2005 season, watching Bledsoe's immobility, insane amount of sacks, INTS and fumbles, along with Romo's plays in '06 TC and Pre-season, I felt that Romo should be the starter but to my dismay, BP started Bledsoe. When Romo took over for Bledsoe during the Giants game, I was elated and said it out loud "finally". Even though we lost that game, you could sense how offense was energized with him behind the center, the fans were charged up as well.

I'm just glad that he is a Cowboy even though there were some uncertain moments with him about his future with the Cowboys.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the press conference.

Jerry may talk funny, and we know he looks funny, but he is a smart man.

Tony is great ! What a great find he was, .. we are fortunate.

I can't claim to have seen any greatness in Romo, but I was in favor of playing him after seeing him in the preseason last year. Not because I didn't like Bledsoe, but because I saw his limitations. (cement boots)

I supported DB, I even defended him, but always wanted to see the young QB (Romo) play because I knew he would be more mobile than DB. (heck, my couch is)

But when DB threw the pick just before halftime against the Giants that Monday night, I yelled "that's it, I'm done, .. I'm done with Bledsoe"

And when they announced that Parcells was going with Romo my heart began to race, I was so excited!

The best part for me is that I got to go to the Carolina game the next Sunday night. My daughter-in-law had bought my son two tickets to that game back in the summer and he asked me to go with him.

I got to see Romo go from the hotel to the bus as they went to the stadium, took a picture of him.

I have only seen the Cowboys live 3 times since 1968 and now one of them was Romo's first start. That will always be special to me as a Cowboys fan.

And NOW ... :suxiggle: :disseags: :eagles:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I wonder if Tony will send a portion of his signing bonus to Drew as thanks for the INT at the end of the half against the Giants.