"Wade Phillips is a Texan."

doomsday81

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Who gives a damn? Like I really care if the Cowboys coach is a Texan. However, I know people from Texas and they think they live in their own little country. So now everyone in Texas can root for good ol' boy Wade Phillips. Jerry Jones is a joke. I laugh everytime he comes on TV. Thanks Jerry, I'm so glad that Wade Phillips is a Texan. That means so much to me. Now try winning a playoff game. I actually don't mind Wade. Jerry Jones is the one embarrassing himself and I'm sure that will continue on draft day with another pile of garbage draft from our great "GM." The Cowboys are now Texas' Team and America's Joke. Must be a great day to be an Eagles fan.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
doomsday81;1367490 said:
Are you kidding me? Who gives a damn? Like I really care if the Cowboys coach is a Texan. However, I know people from Texas and they think they live in their own little country. So now everyone in Texas can root for good ol' boy Wade Phillips. Jerry Jones is a joke. I laugh everytime he comes on TV. Thanks Jerry, I'm so glad that Wade Phillips is a Texan. That means so much to me. Now try winning a playoff game. I actually don't mind Wade. Jerry Jones is the one embarrassing himself and I'm sure that will continue on draft day with another pile of garbage draft from our great "GM." The Cowboys are now Texas' Team and America's Joke. Must be a great day to be an Eagles fan.
1179.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know I have lived in Texas for brief stints but most of the time away from that state so in essence I understand what you are saying.

However I would also like to state that MANY times I have heard people rip on Bill for his Jersey past (being a yankee) and also him having an affinity for players that grew up or played in Jersey.

Don't know if that was part of the reason Jerry was saying that or just saying it because he is sometimes goofy.

I still remember Jerry talking about drafting Quincy Carter and saying that they were the same zodiac sign or shared the same birthday and saying as it was an added bonus reason for taking him in the draft.

I like Jerry but I will not lie...When I see him giving an interview or hear him giving an interview I admit I cringe many times.

That is not hating on Jerry...but it is being honest.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
man thats cruel. Give the man a break. Its better then an old giant coach

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:

crybaby.png

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
ilovejerry;1367507 said:
man thats cruel. Give the man a break. Its better then an old giant coach

well I don't agree with that either.

Parcells cared when he was here, it's not like he was just like, "hahahah i'm gonna screw up the cowboys (as if anyone could screw them up more than they already were) because i hate them." He really did love this team, and he worked hard.

I just don't understand why some people outside of Texas have to overgeneralize so much. "Texans all live in their own world" -- what the hell is that all about, doomsday? Jeez, some people meet a few annoying Texans and just assume that's the way they all are. Yeah man, we all live in our own little country, we all ride horses to our school, we all wear cowboy boots around school, and we all enter bars and have shootouts. Happy?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LittleRed212;1367511 said:
I think he's been impressive in his press conference. Shoot me.

I don't want to shoot you...you seem like a nice person and that would be a waste to shoot a nice person. :p:

ilovejerry

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1367505 said:
You know I have lived in Texas for brief stints but most of the time away from that state so in essence I understand what you are saying.

However I would also like to state that MANY times I have heard people rip on Bill for his Jersey past (being a yankee) and also him having an affinity for players that grew up or played in Jersey.

Don't know if that was part of the reason Jerry was saying that or just saying it because he is sometimes goofy.

I still remember Jerry talking about drafting Quincy Carter and saying that they were the same zodiac sign or shared the same birthday and saying as it was an added bonus reason for taking him in the draft.

I like Jerry but I will not lie...When I see him giving an interview or hear him giving an interview I admit I cringe many times.

That is not hating on Jerry...but it is being honest.

wow you sure are the voice of reason now ;) ;)

LittleRed212

Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:

Comments like this shows us who the fickle, fairweather fans are. With that said, don't pay an ounce of attention to people like this. The people who support the Cowboys, no matter what, and who would never say things like this about our team will get the last laugh.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
LittleRed212;1367543 said:
Comments like this shows us who the fickle, fairweather fans are. With that said, don't pay an ounce of attention to people like this. The people who support the Cowboys, no matter what, and who would never say things like this about our team will get the last laugh.

Oh, I don't really take it so much as an attack on the Cowboys (except maybe the last sentence), but this really does seem like an (unwarranted) attack on Texas.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1367534 said:
well I don't agree with that either.

Parcells cared when he was here, it's not like he was just like, "hahahah i'm gonna screw up the cowboys (as if anyone could screw them up more than they already were) because i hate them." He really did love this team, and he worked hard.

I just don't understand why some people outside of Texas have to overgeneralize so much. "Texans all live in their own world" -- what the hell is that all about, doomsday? Jeez, some people meet a few annoying Texans and just assume that's the way they all are. Yeah man, we all live in our own little country, we all ride horses to our school, we all wear cowboy boots around school, and we all enter bars and have shootouts. Happy?

Bll Parcells = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

nc1054

Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:

....well don't let the door hit ya...

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
ilovejerry;1367557 said:
Bll Parcells = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

well I disagree there.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Phillips will be better for us than Parcells was. I just don't like the words "hired gun" when people describe him. He did love this team.