"Wade Phillips is a Texan."

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;1368569 said:

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

Oh. My. God.

:laugh2: :bow:

I'm actually more sympathetic towards France than I am to England (mostly has to do w/ their treatment of India), but that was hilarious!

And plus guys, I was only saying that Texas was larger than France.

DBoys

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1368078 said:
Well, we USED TO BE A COUNTRY. A Republic.
I only mentioned WP is a Texan as a matter of pride.
I kinda like Texas .. . AND NOT NO STINKING NEW JERSEYITE LIKE MAN BOOBS PARCELLS!
Having said that, I appreciate your sticking up for the Northeast. They have good coaches up there. Good hockey coaches. Good basketball coaches.
Good subways (someone help me out I am running out of good things to say about the N.E.), good diners, good cigars and sandwich shops.

Hey! Guess what?
I am glad he is a Texan. Just like Landry and Jimma!
I aint a takin it back. I AM GLAD WP IS A TEXAN!
If you take offense, tuff Schlitz.
Where are you by the way? Trenton?":wink2:

:)

Actually Texas still is a republic :)

DBoys

Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:
Are you kidding me? Who gives a damn? Like I really care if the Cowboys coach is a Texan. However, I know people from Texas and they think they live in their own little country. So now everyone in Texas can root for good ol' boy Wade Phillips.

That is the whole point of the comment. In Texas football is extremely important and having a coach that feels and understands that is important.

cleverusername

Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:
lol. texas is nothin special. suburban culture at its worst. dont be an ignorant american and compare texas to the culture of france again. hmm. diners, BBQ, and track housing...yay

....Texas possesses 23,292 farms with 1,000 acres or more for a total of 132 million acres, or 80% of the state land area, .... so not really that much track housing.

DBoys

Reaction score
cleverusername;1368657 said:
....Texas possesses 23,292 farms with 1,000 acres or more for a total of 132 million acres, or 80% of the state land area, .... so not really that much track housing.

You proved that was one of the dumbest posts EVER.

cleverusername

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1367587 said:
Poor Rhode Islanders....

I'd be mad too if my state was as big as a Texas city.

:D

The King Ranch itself near Corpus Christi is larger than the state of Rhode Island :)

and...

Texas' largest county is Brewster with 6,208 square miles. Connecticut (5,544 Sq Mi), Delaware (2,489 Sq Mi) and Rhode Island (1,545 Sq Mi) can fit inside this county.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Texas is the only state that can segregate from the USA.

Texas is the only state that can fly their flag the same height as the the American flag, though we don't.

And saying that Texas is mostly suburban area is completely false. There are so many small towns, its crazy. And Texas has nearly everykind of environment, plains, mountains (though small), ocean, hill country, canyons, the state really kicks butt. And I can't see myself living anywhere else.

But anyway, just thought I would put my love for Texas up.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:
The Cowboys are now Texas' Team and America's Joke. Must be a great day to be an Eagles fan.

You should go join them, find out for yourself...

We wouldn't miss you, honest...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1368604 said:
Oh. My. God.

:laugh2: :bow:

I'm actually more sympathetic towards France than I am to England (mostly has to do w/ their treatment of India), but that was hilarious!

And plus guys, I was only saying that Texas was larger than France.

i realize that Gahndi is a very popular and well known historical figures but the conditions in colonial vietnam and haiti were just abysmal.

cleverusername

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1368675 said:
Texas is the only state that can segregate from the USA.

Texas is the only state that can fly their flag the same height as the the American flag, though we don't.

And saying that Texas is mostly suburban area is completely false. There are so many small towns, its crazy. And Texas has nearly everykind of environment, plains, mountains (though small), ocean, hill country, canyons, the state really kicks butt. And I can't see myself living anywhere else.

But anyway, just thought I would put my love for Texas up.

Us, arogant Texans have all kinds of fun facts :laugh2:

Texas has 90 mountains a mile or more high, with Guadalupe Peak in West Texas at 8,751 feet being the tallest.

Almost 10% of Texas is covered by forest which includes four national and five state forests.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tom Landry...Mission, TX.

Jimmy Johnson...Port Arthur, TX.

Barry Switzer...Crossett, AR.

Chan Gailey...Gainesville, GA.

Dave Campo...Groton, CT.

Bill Parcells...Englewood, NJ.

Wade Phillips...Orange, TX.

Now, I'm not going to say Wade can produce like Tom and Jimmy did, and though I've lived in Texas, I am not a Texan. I still say the fact he is a Texan is a damn good thing. I don't mind believing in omens.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
cleverusername;1368684 said:
Us, arogant Texans have all kinds of fun facts :laugh2:

Texas has 90 mountains a mile or more high, with Guadalupe Peak in West Texas at 8,751 feet being the tallest.

Almost 10% of Texas is covered by forest which includes four national and five state forests.

Haha, I know its fun. Texas is also the state with the highest death row rate, don't commit a major crime here.

Your from Lubbock, you might have actually heard of Nazareth then.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hostile;1368695 said:
Tom Landry...Mission, TX.

Jimmy Johnson...Port Arthur, TX.

Barry Switzer...Crossett, AR.

Chan Gailey...Gainesville, GA.

Dave Campo...Groton, CT.

Bill Parcells...Englewood, NJ.

Wade Phillips...Orange, TX.

Now, I'm not going to say Wade can produce like Tom and Jimmy did, and though I've lived in Texas, I am not a Texan. I still say the fact he is a Texan is a damn good thing. I don't mind believing in omens.

What are you then?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1368682 said:
i realize that Gahndi is a very popular and well known historical figures but the conditions in colonial vietnam and haiti were just abysmal.

yes, very true. I'm biased, i'm from India, though.

France was a jerk to other colonies, but nice to us.

French Indochina...gah...

I don't really like either country, France or England...I just dislike England more. (BTW, let me clarify, this is 18th-20th century England and France which I'm talking about)

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1368698 said:
Haha, I know its fun. Texas is also the state with the highest death row rate, don't commit a major crime here.

Your from Lubbock, you might have actually heard of Nazareth then.

Heard of us? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1368700 said:
What are you then?
A malcontent mostly.

Born in New Mexico and raised there too, with 2 Texas stops in El Paso and Ft. Stockton mixed in.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:
lol. texas is nothin special. suburban culture at its worst. dont be an ignorant american and compare texas to the culture of france again. hmm. diners, BBQ, and track housing...yay

So special that twice in the last century we rescued your high cultured arses from the Huns.
So, OK, soap usage is on the rise there. yay.:lmao2:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1368719 said:
So special that twice in the last century we rescued your high cultured arses from the Huns.
So, OK, soap usage is on the rise there. yay.:lmao2:

Oh oh! I remember this from History!

Huns = Germans!

Yay!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1368704 said:
Heard of us? :D

Yeah, Southlake, I'm pretty sure I've been there. Isn't that area that the movie "The Rookie" was based? I might be wrong.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1368701 said:
yes, very true. I'm biased, i'm from India, though.

France was a jerk to other colonies, but nice to us.

French Indochina...gah...

I don't really like either country, France or England...I just dislike England more. (BTW, let me clarify, this is 18th-20th century England and France which I'm talking about)

Lots of good movies coming out of Bollywood.
this video clip is great! A video that puts it all together: girls, rock, choreography, hip and edgy. It's the coolest!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLthhTnleso

Go Cowboys! Go Wade. Down with Imperialist France!