"Wade Phillips is a Texan."

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:
Are you kidding me? Who gives a damn? Like I really care if the Cowboys coach is a Texan. However, I know people from Texas and they think they live in their own little country. So now everyone in Texas can root for good ol' boy Wade Phillips. Jerry Jones is a joke. I laugh everytime he comes on TV. Thanks Jerry, I'm so glad that Wade Phillips is a Texan. That means so much to me. Now try winning a playoff game. I actually don't mind Wade. Jerry Jones is the one embarrassing himself and I'm sure that will continue on draft day with another pile of garbage draft from our great "GM." The Cowboys are now Texas' Team and America's Joke. Must be a great day to be an Eagles fan.

Well, we USED TO BE A COUNTRY. A Republic.
I only mentioned WP is a Texan as a matter of pride.
I kinda like Texas .. . AND NOT NO STINKING NEW JERSEYITE LIKE MAN BOOBS PARCELLS!
Having said that, I appreciate your sticking up for the Northeast. They have good coaches up there. Good hockey coaches. Good basketball coaches.
Good subways (someone help me out I am running out of good things to say about the N.E.), good diners, good cigars and sandwich shops.

Hey! Guess what?
I am glad he is a Texan. Just like Landry and Jimma!
I aint a takin it back. I AM GLAD WP IS A TEXAN!
If you take offense, tuff Schlitz.
Where are you by the way? Trenton?":wink2:

:)

Skin

Reaction score
Aikbach;1368083 said:
ALL of it? I think not, Billy Bob's.[/QUOTES)

Sorry, UC was filmed at Gilley's only. Billy Bob's didn't open until 1981...UC came out in 1980.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Skin;1368098 said:
Aikbach;1368083 said:
ALL of it? I think not, Billy Bob's.[/QUOTES)

Sorry, UC was filmed at Gilley's only. Billy Bob's didn't open until 1981...UC came out in 1980.
Maybe they built Billy Bob's just to make Urban Cowboy did you think about that? Or maybe I'm thinkin' of the wrong movie so HA! Take that.:D

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Skin;1367705 said:
Did someone from Texas kick your arse as a child? Take a deep breath and let it go. If that doesn't work, try therapy.

But I paid my debt to the school district and scrubbed pots in the school cafeteria just because he ran to the principal.
He said something mean about SAmmy Houston and our Texan weigh of life.
And our womenfolk! And he said our barbeque tasted bad. Is that not reason enough"

I am contrite, yes, but I stood up for Texas and Texans.
I didn't become a success in Farmers Branch by letting yankee kids walk all over me.

Get over it, fella, I didn't kick your arse that hard.
Let's move on.;)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I'm from South Jersey. Couldn't care less that Parcells was from Jersey.
I was pumped because I knew he could rebuild the Cowboys.

I didn't even know Jimmy was from Texas when he was hired.
Just knew he was a successful college coach with a southern accent.
Who the hell cares, can he win? I thought so.

I know Phillips Texas roots had nothing to do with the hire.
Just something to tout to the TEXAS TICKET BUYING BASE after the fact.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
A Texan is a Texan before he is an American.

Tx>49 United States and approximately 139.7 countries. I will compile a list if need be.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
doomsday81;1367490 said:
Are you kidding me? Who gives a damn?

I do, Punk.

Don't mess with Texas, Boy.

And FYI, Texas is it's own little country.

Manster54

Reaction score
I don't care about the Texas thing. Heck, I've never been to Texas.

What impressed me was the way Phillips being from TX made him appreciate this opportunity of opportunities.

Also, he heralded the great tradition of the cowboys. Bill Parcells ignored the tradition of the cowboys and brought in GIANTS to inspire his team? That always ticked me off. Jim Burt on the sidelines? He couldn't hold ANY of the doomsday's jocks...YET, there he was.

Phillips hopefully will make the old school cowboys a part of this "family" that has been missing. Jerry Jones hasn't exactly been accomodating in that regard, (probably because of Landry's dismissal) but I think Phillips will help change that.

I was really impressed by Phillips. His players are gonna love him after Parcells. I always felt love was a greater motivator than fear. I think this is gonna work out. This team is 1 good draft away from the super bowl and they have a coach that I think can get them there.

Prediction: Wade Phillips will be the 4th HC to win a super bowl for the cowboys.

suspenceman

Jerry's kid
Reaction score
Hey doomsday i lived with a few yanks in my day..one from boston and one from chicago. I liked both of'em, but they just dont live the kinda life that i'd approve of...cold weather, traffic, and disrespecting women. so they created a stereotype for me that now when i think of yankee's..thats what i think of.

If you dont like Texas, you can ...shut your mouth. I was/am a big Parcells fan, but deep down inside it just didnt seem right when i heard his voice in press conference and listened to that thick jersey slang. I enjoy hearing people who talk like i do.

Let me put it this way, the Cowboys are America's team, but first and foremost they are Dallas and the state of Texas' team. you know why, because 99% of the football fans in Texas...are Cowboys fans!
so in your words "fuggitabowtit"
take it easy amigos

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Rack;1368192 said:
I do, Punk.

Don't mess with Texas, Boy.

And FYI, Texas is it's own little country.

:laugh2: Agree with everything, except the bolded part.

Texas > France.

Not it's own "little" country, but it's own country.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manster54;1368253 said:
I don't care about the Texas thing. Heck, I've never been to Texas.

What impressed me was the way Phillips being from TX made him appreciate this opportunity of opportunities.

Also, he heralded the great tradition of the cowboys. Bill Parcells ignored the tradition of the cowboys and brought in GIANTS to inspire his team? That always ticked me off. Jim Burt on the sidelines? He couldn't hold ANY of the doomsday's jocks...YET, there he was.

Phillips hopefully will make the old school cowboys a part of this "family" that has been missing. Jerry Jones hasn't exactly been accomodating in that regard, (probably because of Landry's dismissal) but I think Phillips will help change that.

I was really impressed by Phillips. His players are gonna love him after Parcells. I always felt love was a greater motivator than fear. I think this is gonna work out. This team is 1 good draft away from the super bowl and they have a coach that I think can get them there.

Prediction: Wade Phillips will be the 4th HC to win a super bowl for the cowboys.
Won't ride your coattails on the prediction, but the rest of your post was well said.

romo4pres

Reaction score
lol. texas is nothin special. suburban culture at its worst. dont be an ignorant american and compare texas to the culture of france again. hmm. diners, BBQ, and track housing...yay

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:
lol. texas is nothin special. suburban culture at its worst. dont be an ignorant american and compare texas to the culture of france again. hmm. diners, BBQ, and track housing...yay

Culture of france? :lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:

ahem...?

Texas > France means that Texas is larger than France.

And on the other hand, I'd totally love to go to Paris again....not...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:

COMPLETE MILITARY HISTORY OF FRANCE

Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when NOT led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars -- when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.

Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flower pots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War - Tied.

War of the Augsburg League / King William's War / French and Indian War -Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

:)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:

umm Sorry france doesnt compare to wyoming let alone Texas

Skin

Reaction score
romo4pres;1368419 said:

At least get it right...we're proud of our "tract" housing down here in God's Country.