Quotes from Pats forum

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This from the forums was very telling:
"The Cowboys are incredibly inconsistent in spite of their talent level because of their lack of discipline and plodding predictability on both sides of the ball. They're a less out of control version of this year's Browns - they have to tools to beat anybody, but not the discipline or smarts. It's the story of the entire Jason Garrett era, you never know which team you're going to get from week to week."

We're the Browns of the NFC. So much talent, but no execution (due to coaching). Browns are more of a violent, aggressive undisciplined team, while we're just an immature/unprepared, not take anything seriously type undisciplined.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Yeah, predictable.....everyone could predict before the season that Dak was capable of being 5 yards shy of four 400 yard passing games this season .

This team is 3-5 plays away from being 9-1.

For every great team there is that defining game that marks the beginning. The same is true when we mark the end.

I think the Cowboys find a way. I think this one gets very physical. I think this is the kind of game that can send a message.

......or not. Again, what do I know? But, I can dream, no law against that.

I want to like this post but I’m afraid of our linebackers. The Pats offense is garbage this year. They can only beat you in the short passing game with long methodical drives. There are no big plays in their offense.

Our defense is designed to limit big plays and to allow short ones. We hope to have a team make a mistake in a long drive or turn them over with a hard tackle, sack fumble or pic.

If we can find a way to force turnovers and then not turn it over when we have the ball, this game can be won with 3 TDs by our offense.

At this point, it’s hard to trust that we won’t turn it over or that our LBs will cover and tackle consistently enough to make the Pats suffer for lack of offensive talent.

I can see this being 20-16 Pats or 24-20 Cowboys.

If the Pats win its because we literally handed them the game like we did with the Packers and Vikings.

If the Cowboys win, it’ll probably look like Seahawks game from the playoffs last year. We were more talented and the Seahawks couldn’t truly compete BUT bad coaching/conservative play kept the game close.

Also, if the Cowboys win this one they won’t lose again this season.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Those fans have been living a charmed life for almost two decades. They don't know what is to suffer like an actual fan since they've had the best coach and QB for an inconceivable length of time, and I question how many of them will actually stick around after it's over.

Because enevtually it will be. Losing to the Cowboys this week won't start that process or anything, but I'm looking forward to that when they feel it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Here in northern NE there are two types of Pats fans.

The youngsters who truly don't know anything but this dynasty era and the old timers who jumped ship from their childhood teams in 2002.

Growing up around tons of football fans, I only knew one Pats fan from the early 70's to 2002.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be great to end their 20 consecutive home game winning streak. This is their 19th straight winning season so they're one season away from tying our all time record. But for one autumn Sunday, it would be so exhilarating to humble their arrogant cheating franchise. What better team to do it? Why not us?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
lol it's weird the one guy praised the Eagles offense and trashed the Cowboys. the Eagles offense this season has been horrendous in a lot of ways, one of which is the play calling/design. the Cowboys, not so much.

willia451

Reaction score
We'd win every game if we could that.

My point is we have to go after Brady and knock him down. A 10 yard completion from Brady but getting a solid hit on him in the process is a good play.

That's what nobody understands. Brady hates getting hit. It rattles his game. He's not mobile. If he sits back there thinking about the next hit, he won't be completing may passes later on in the game. Just keep letting him get 5, 10, 20 yard completions but in the process, knock him to the moon.

And even if you wind up losing, the beating he takes will be good for everyone.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
So it isn't just Cowboys fans that see how vanilla and inconsistent they have been under JG.

Maybe one day Jerry will catch on.

I live up in NE. They know Garrett sucks. They make fun of his ineptness all the time. The rest of the country knows how much Garrett sucks except for Jerrah and some Cowboys fans.

aria

Reaction score
I still wouldn’t be surprised if we beat them but the post game/week Super Bowl chatter would be annoying. They barely beat Philly and if Wentz didn’t suck they would have. We stomped Philly, I don’t why hardly anyone here is giving us a chance. These are the type of games we pull out every now and then and we’re due.

Xeven

Reaction score
They will have a spy on Zeke every play and send one blitz on Dak every play. The rest of their DL will play conservative.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Garrett has his tendencies and if even casual opposing fans have caught onto it, it is not the angry imagination of our fan base making it up.

He is a serious liability in a game like this. Or even any game really. His record against rookie head coaches should tell you that.

casual fans of a team in the AFC.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We stomped Philly,

So what? We are just as flawed of a team as they are.

I don’t why hardly anyone here is giving us a chance. These are the type of games we pull out every now and then and we’re due.

Ah. This makes so much sense. These are kinda the games we win and we're due.