Twitter: Quotes like these are strong evidence why Big Mike is more relatable than the freckled puppet

aria

Reaction score
I don’t care how relatable someone is as long as they can coach. I’d say Bill Bellichik is about the most non relatable coach there is and I doubt anyone would have a problem with him being the HC.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

I agree. Garrett never says anything like that about his players. He seems very disconnected and aloof. Always trying to prove that he is the smartest guy in the room. This attitude of Garrett that he is above everyone else and that what he says goes is the sole reason why he deemed a complete failure.

Mike also does seem personable, easy-going, and much more knowledgeable in the game of football that Garrett ever was.

johneric8

Reaction score
I agree. Garrett never says anything like that about his players. He seems very disconnected and aloof. Always trying to prove that he is the smartest guy in the room. This attitude of Garrett that he is above everyone else and that what he says goes is the sole reason why he deemed a complete failure.

Mike also does seem personable, easy-going, and much more knowledgeable in the game of football that Garrett ever was.

You nailed it, that was all I was trying to accomplish by making the post. I think what I said rings true for many of us whom are good judges of character.

blueblood70

Reaction score
evidence of nothing..im hopeful MM has better game management and adjustments in the line of fire but those suggesting Garett didnt care or didnt say good thing about players like this has already been proven wrong

those suggesting a qb who played at Princeton and was a NFL Backup QB, qb coach, OC and a HC for more then 30years now knows nothing about X and sS because of his vanilla demeanor at interviews etc..

see Bill Belliecheck dudes a cold zombie, Parcells talked down to players an challenged them with public ridicule EVERY COACH HAS THEIR WAYS

yes Garett failed to get us to the promise land , MM has been there but hasn't done one thing better then Garett as a DC HC as of yet..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Idgit still believes

Yeah, but only because I pay attention to results and not at all to the popular consensus of butthurt fans.

Which is why you don’t see me posting much in the “MM is going to be the 2020 CotY” type threads. Let’s just see what happens. Likelihood is high that popular opinion around here will be right back where it was with Garrett after our 3rd loss. We both known that’s true, whether we’re both willing to admit it or not.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

I’m glad for you that you’re happy, but if this same tweet were posted with Garrett’s name attached nobody would have batted an eye. It’s cool that you like the guy better, but there’s nothing in this post that’s going to tell you how he might be as a coach. This is fluff.

johneric8

Reaction score
evidence of nothing..im hopeful MM has better game management and adjustments in the line of fire but those suggesting Garett didnt care or didnt say good thing about players like this has already been proven wrong

those suggesting a qb who played at Princeton and was a NFL Backup QB, qb coach, OC and a HC for more then 30years now knows nothing about X and sS because of his vanilla demeanor at interviews etc..

see Bill Belliecheck dudes a cold zombie, Parcells talked down to players an challenged them with public ridicule EVERY COACH HAS THEIR WAYS

yes Garett failed to get us to the promise land , MM has been there but hasn't done one thing better then Garett as a DC HC as of yet..

What you're saying is true, but let me clarify a second. I'm coming from a place that believes Garrett fancy pants talk didn't connect with the players, and I believe that. I believe based on what McCarthy has done and said, I feel he has a more believable and real personality which lends itself to a better connection and or respect from Alpha dog type players.

I do agree that Bilichik or guys like him, are indifferent and a bit cold and that works for them, but Garrett lacked in every area that mattered most. Look at guys like Dick Vermeil and Pete Carol and you will see guys that could win but related incredibly well to the players. They had something that appealed to the players that had substance! They weren't ruling with an iron fist or a lack of compassion like Bilichik. Each guy is different, but McCarthy has already proven he can coach and knows football at a high level, so my point in Big Mike has a few great intangibles that could work in our favor.

Being more relatable, real, and knowledgeable plus experienced, are way more than we had.

johneric8

Reaction score
I’m glad for you that you’re happy, but if this same tweet were posted with Garrett’s name attached nobody would have batted an eye. It’s cool that you like the guy better, but there’s nothing in this post that’s going to tell you how he might be as a coach. This is fluff.

Wrong, Garrett always referred to players using the words "We're doing this or that"... Just like he would never take any blame... Mike says "I'm" thankful to have him, ETC.. Just listen to how Big Mike talks about situations and people, he isn't afraid to put himself out there, it's not all about the organization, the coaches, the system, ETC..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The problem I had with Garrett is that he got his job on privilege only. He had no skins on the wall, didn't go through years of service, just basically handed the job, and his inexperience showed up for 10 years. McCarthy has skins on the wall, and a career that was earned.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don’t care how relatable someone is as long as they can coach. I’d say Bill Bellichik is about the most non relatable coach there is and I doubt anyone would have a problem with him being the HC.

But Bill Bellichik knows his football.

Garrett was neither relatable and he doesn't know football.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong, Garrett always referred to players using the words "We're doing this or that"... Just like he would never take any blame... Mike says "I'm" thankful to have him, ETC.. Just listen to how Big Mike talks about situations and people, he isn't afraid to put himself out there, it's not all about the organization, the coaches, the system, ETC..

If your point is that you prefer first-person singular to first-person plural, ok. I can get behind that. I don’t have a dog in that pronoun fight.

If your point is that that’s supposed to mean anything either way about how the two men coach, I’d just say that it doesn’t and leave it at that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

yes Garett failed to get us to the promise land , MlM has been there but hasn't done one thing better then Garett as a DC HC as of yet..

McCarthy got rid of the entire coaching staff minus Kellen Moore and replaced them with competent coaches. This without calling a single play.

I'm also sure Garrett wouldn't have drafted Ceedee Lamb. Probably wouldn't know what to do with him. We would probably have drafted a center.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, but only because I pay attention to results and not at all to the popular consensus of butthurt fans.

Which is why you don’t see me posting much in the “MM is going to be the 2020 CotY” type threads. Let’s just see what happens. Likelihood is high that popular opinion around here will be right back where it was with Garrett after our 3rd loss. We both known that’s true, whether we’re both willing to admit it or not.
I dont know if mccarthy will be coach of the year but ill give a coach more leeway than 3 games. Especially for a coach that earned his job and didnt snake his way into it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont know if mccarthy will be coach of the year but ill give a coach more leeway than 3 games. Especially for a coach that earned his job and didnt snake his way into it

That’s how I try to look at it too. No tolerance for snakes. Even if we’re just pretending a guy is a snake, I hate him on principle, too.

aria

Reaction score
But Bill Bellichik knows his football.

Garrett was neither relatable and he doesn't know football.
Hey now, that’s the 2016 coach of the year you’re talking about. McCarthy has only won it once as well and needed a HOF QB to do it whereas Garrett did with a rookie back up for the most part.