Twitter: Quotes like these are strong evidence why Big Mike is more relatable than the freckled puppet

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Hey now, that’s the 2016 coach of the year you’re talking about. McCarthy has only won it once as well and needed a HOF QB to do it whereas Garrett did with a rookie back up for the most part.

McCarthy also won a Superbowl and countless appearances in the finals. Garrett won coach of the year not because of his excellent coaching ability though.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Hey now, that’s the 2016 coach of the year you’re talking about. McCarthy has only won it once as well and needed a HOF QB to do it whereas Garrett did with a rookie back up for the most part.
Not that it matters too much, but I’m pretty sure McCarthy never won coach of the year. In the 15-1 season they gave it to Harbaugh.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

I am not sure what you expect Mike to say.

"Well we want to hope Aldon stays off the dope, but I have an addictive behavior myself. In my recovery, every day is Monday"".

Really?

Of course he hope he plays as good as he looks. What else is he supposed to say?

"Aldon looks like crap but we have 8 weeks to get him his lyposuction and his lips need to be puffed up more with a couple of injections. He will be fine."

I mean Mike will eat the corn out of Smith's dodo if Smith can replace Quinn's total in 2020.

All coaches have coach speak.

You just like Mike's style more.

I am leary as things progress. There were clearly failures in GB that never got fixed until he left.

Then the Packers immediently got back to the playoffs.

So exactly why and who remains to be seen.

I want to like all the new faces but am pretty much unfamiliar with all that as they didn't coach in our division.

I guess I have watched this team for 50 years. Just when you think you can predict them..they do a Crazy Ivan.

Spooky.

We will see.

:eek:

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yeh keep being delusional. Im from jersey he had heavy connects in jersey. How else do you think you get 4 kids into princeton. Like I said Jason never worked for anything in his life on his own. I can't front im jealous I was never able to get carried through life by my parents.

Just like he didn't EARN 10 years as HC of the Cowboys. The secret was nepotism.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
McCarthy also won a Superbowl and countless appearances in the finals. Garrett won coach of the year not because of his excellent coaching ability though.
He should have considering the QB’s he’s had, Romo and Dak are no Favre or Rodgers.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree. Mike is a more personable guy, capable of greater rapport with his player. The way Garrett talked, he always wanted you to know he was the smartest guy in the room even if he wasn't.

he is now, Garrett was too, wait until adversity hit.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

Honestly, except for the last line, I could hear Garrett saying that verbatim.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
lol

Sound exactly along the lines of something Garrett has said about Gregory....stop
I HATE Garrett more than anyone but that quote did sound like Garrett. Not a good reference imo. When adversity hits is when we'll see if Mike is ready to lead or just be Jerrys puppet.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He should have considering the QB’s he’s had, Romo and Dak are no Favre or Rodgers.

How do you know that those QBs didn't prosper because of the coaching they got?

If Garrett had a QB like Rogers I'm sure he will just run it on 1st and 2nd down regardless.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
What you're saying is true, but let me clarify a second. I'm coming from a place that believes Garrett fancy pants talk didn't connect with the players, and I believe that. I believe based on what McCarthy has done and said, I feel he has a more believable and real personality which lends itself to a better connection and or respect from Alpha dog type players.

I do agree that Bilichik or guys like him, are indifferent and a bit cold and that works for them, but Garrett lacked in every area that mattered most. Look at guys like Dick Vermeil and Pete Carol and you will see guys that could win but related incredibly well to the players. They had something that appealed to the players that had substance! They weren't ruling with an iron fist or a lack of compassion like Bilichik. Each guy is different, but McCarthy has already proven he can coach and knows football at a high level, so my point in Big Mike has a few great intangibles that could work in our favor.

Being more relatable, real, and knowledgeable plus experienced, are way more than we had.

Garrett was nothing more than a robot. You can see it on the sidelines. Players don't play hard for a fake. They play for someone who is human. All those clapping and butt slaps were just a coverup for Garrett. Minus a few players like Witten and Romo, he really never connected with this players like good coaches do. To some, this may not mean much. But to young players starting out in the pros it could also mean a lot.

Judging from the Cowboy's willingness to sign troubled players like Hardy, McClain, Randy Gregory and other potheads, Cowboys needed someone who has true leadership and willingness to help them better their game. Garrett provided none of that.

aria

Reaction score
How do you know that those QBs didn't prosper because of the coaching they got?

If Garrett had a QB like Rogers I'm sure he will just run it on 1st and 2nd down regardless.
Possible but doubtful, I don’t think MM is going to turn Dak into the next Favre or Rodgers with coaching.

plasticman

Reaction score
Is "relatable" important? Is it a word?

How relatable was Bill Belicek, Tom Coughlin, and Tom Harbaugh, all multiple SB winners?

I would like strong evidence that he will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. I'm not looking for quotes, a nice long string of wins would satisfy me.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

MM has been holed up in his house in GB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Possible but doubtful, I don’t think MM is going to turn Dak into the next Favre or Rodgers with coaching.

I don't think so either. But I don't think anyone is saying that. Dak will be Dak. But MM won't be running on 1st and 2nd down all the time. Will have an effective passing attack that will get the ball out of Dak's hand quickly. So in that sense we will see some improvements from Dak.