Twitter: Quotes like these are strong evidence why Big Mike is more relatable than the freckled puppet

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Is "relatable" important? Is it a word?

How relatable was Bill Belicek, Tom Coughlin, and Tom Harbaugh, all multiple SB winners?

I would like strong evidence that he will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. I'm not looking for quotes, a nice long string of wins would satisfy me.

Tom Landry wasn't relatable. He didn't have a relationship with his players. However, he is a good coach.

Pete Carrol is a very relatable coach. His players love playing for him. So that translates to a winning franchise.

However, Garrett is neither relatable or a good coach. He hardly knows a damn thing about X and Os. Thus you get the dumpster fire we've had for 10 years under his tutelage.

plasticman

Reaction score
Tom Landry wasn't relatable. He didn't have a relationship with his players. However, he is a good coach.

Pete Carrol is a very relatable coach. His players love playing for him. So that translates to a winning franchise.

However, Garrett is neither relatable or a good coach. He hardly knows a damn thing about X and Os. Thus you get the dumpster fire we've had for 10 years under his tutelage.
Jason Garrett could relate to the players, he was a player, a Dallas Cowboy, remember?

Jason Garrett did not deliberately attempt to destroy the Dallas Cowboys. He didn't go out partying every night instead of concentrating on making the Dallas Cowboys the best they could be.

Jason Garrett did not succeed however, he tried the best that he knew how, he wasn't incompetent, you don't coach a team for ten seasons with only one losing season without knowing something about NFL football. Hundreds of coaches throughout history did far worse.

Garrett did so under far less than optimum circumstances. He put his ego on the shelf, compromised his coaching philosophy. He did not publicly complain about some lack of authority that most Head Coaches enjoy.

Most of all, Jason Garrett was one of our guys, a Dallas Cowboy. He wasn't one of the integral players responsible for the level of success in the 90's but he did make some contributions.

I share in the disappointment of his inability to take the team to the Super Bowl. I also had my criticisms but, again, I know he tried his best. I just can't understand the level of animosity towards a former Dallas Cowboy. In fact, I'll just call it what it is, hatred.

As terrible as some might describe his coaching, it is curious that another NFL team hired him almost immediately. He's not languishing as an assistant coach for Central State Nobody.

I wish him the best in all endeavors with the exception of playing the Cowboys, just as I do all former Cowboy players.

Being a good coach and being a successful coach are not the same thing. There are only 32 men at any point in time that have reached the very top of their profession in football and the average length of time is very short. Nevertheless, they are all very very good at their job. However, competition results in only a few that succeeds in the ultimate prize, far more that don't.

Loyalty seems to be a declining attribute in fans today. I find that to be unfortunate.

I'm not addressing this to you personally, I've read far worse from many others. I just want to take this opportunity to express my opinion.

aria

Reaction score
I don't think so either. But I don't think anyone is saying that. Dak will be Dak. But MM won't be running on 1st and 2nd down all the time. Will have an effective passing attack that will get the ball out of Dak's hand quickly. So in that sense we will see some improvements from Dak.
Either that or Dak doesn’t do so hot and then people will complain that wehave one of the best RB’s in the league and don’t use him enough.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

Great quotes.

I thought I knew your name from somewhere. I've seen you post many times on YouTube.

johneric8

Reaction score
MM has been holed up in his house in GB.
Yes I know this. Mike mentions "I" as opposed to "we". For me, to hear a coach say I'm blessed to have Aldon is different than a coach saying we're proud of the players. Keep in mind Garrett was always robotic and organizationally driven in his speak. I think big Mike is way more direct which is a good thing in terms of reaching players.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I understand, but the point I'm making is that from all the info I've seen in regards to Mikes demeanor, he seems more personally connected to me as opposed to giving what seems to be robotic fake repetitive messages.

I've never heard Garrett say that he is blessed to work with a player, he is not nearly as direct as big mike and I honestly believe that will pay dividends with the player coach relationship. It's one thing to like Garrett and what he stands for but that doesn't mean he is actually connecting with people. I don't think Garrett connected very well at all, but I see the opposite with Mike. Don't take my word for it, this has been reported by many others.
I guess as opposed to parcells that gave sarcastic same repetitive answers.

johneric8

Reaction score
Jason Garrett could relate to the players, he was a player, a Dallas Cowboy, remember?

Jason Garrett did not deliberately attempt to destroy the Dallas Cowboys. He didn't go out partying every night instead of concentrating on making the Dallas Cowboys the best they could be.

Jason Garrett did not succeed however, he tried the best that he knew how, he wasn't incompetent, you don't coach a team for ten seasons with only one losing season without knowing something about NFL football. Hundreds of coaches throughout history did far worse.

Garrett did so under far less than optimum circumstances. He put his ego on the shelf, compromised his coaching philosophy. He did not publicly complain about some lack of authority that most Head Coaches enjoy.

Most of all, Jason Garrett was one of our guys, a Dallas Cowboy. He wasn't one of the integral players responsible for the level of success in the 90's but he did make some contributions.

I share in the disappointment of his inability to take the team to the Super Bowl. I also had my criticisms but, again, I know he tried his best. I just can't understand the level of animosity towards a former Dallas Cowboy. In fact, I'll just call it what it is, hatred.

As terrible as some might describe his coaching, it is curious that another NFL team hired him almost immediately. He's not languishing as an assistant coach for Central State Nobody.

I wish him the best in all endeavors with the exception of playing the Cowboys, just as I do all former Cowboy players.

Being a good coach and being a successful coach are not the same thing. There are only 32 men at any point in time that have reached the very top of their profession in football and the average length of time is very short. Nevertheless, they are all very very good at their job. However, competition results in only a few that succeeds in the ultimate prize, far more that don't.

Loyalty seems to be a declining attribute in fans today. I find that to be unfortunate.

I'm not addressing this to you personally, I've read far worse from many others. I just want to take this opportunity to express my opinion.
Players liked Jason because he didn't hold them accountable. In no way shape or form did the players find Jason to be someone that could be mistaken as authentic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm really excited about Big Mike and I hope y'all are too! I think this Tweet shows the big difference between Jason and Mike. Garrett always had canned robotic responses much akin to seeing the Zig Ziglar inspirational one liner tour... (for those whom don't know Zig, he was a great motivational speaker and writer)

Anyway, I love how connected Mike seems to be to his actual emotions, it's just such a breath of fresh air. I can 100% see how Mike will be able to get these guys to excel, the guy is as real as it gets. #justexcied

His path to Dallas is not what I’d call special. If not for football celebrity he’d be in prison.

Fat Mikeys comment is butt kissing.

johneric8

Reaction score
His path to Dallas is not what I’d call special. If not for football celebrity he’d be in prison.

Fat Mikeys comment is butt kissing.

Could you please give me factual evidence that would lend you to believe that Mike would of ended up in prison if it weren't for football? Court records? Drug habits, ETC?
I'm honestly all ears man.

I find it interesting that someone is so quick to judge a man and deem his comments as butt kissing before we see a season play out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Could you please give me factual evidence that would lend you to believe that Mike would of ended up in prison if it weren't for football? Court records? Drug habits, ETC?
I'm honestly all ears man.

I find it interesting that someone is so quick to judge a man and deem his comments as butt kissing before we see a season play out.
Perfect example how Post are misread. I was referring to our coach being in prison.

johneric8

Reaction score
Perfect example how Post are misread. I was referring to our coach being in prison.
You were referring to Aldon, okay I get it.. But, I do want to say one thing my friend. I have really watched Mike's body language and his demeanor
and my only point is I see a guy whom is very down to earth. Basically, Big Mike is what you see is what you get and I think that works much better for
NFL football players as a whole.

There is nothing that bothers me personally more than someone trying to be something they're not, or putting on an act. With Garrett he was always
using the same robot speak, talking in repetitive circles and trying to be smartest guy in the room. All you have to do is go back and watch all or nothing
to see just how hard Garret was projecting this. Look, I know Jason Garrett is a smart man, but this doesn't mean that he is relatable..

I get that guys like Bill Bilichik are very impersonal, but he brings great knowledge in X's and O's and doesn't allow entitlement like the Puppet.
Think about it, with Garrett, we knew just about every year what the depth chart was going to be, he played favorites, this had to create major
division.

aikemirv

Reaction score

You know, level headed - thoughtful non biased post really don't get the attention they deserve around here. Just bumping yours for the respect it deserves!

plasticman

Reaction score
Players liked Jason because he didn't hold them accountable. In no way shape or form did the players find Jason to be someone that could be mistaken as authentic.
How do we know he was even given the authority to hold them accountable? Suppose he did have the authority? What does that mean? What would be an example of holding a player accountable and where have you seen action like that from other HC's.

Would actions towards accountability be released to the media or would it be kept private and "in house"?

Do we really know whether or not there was accountability?

johneric8

Reaction score
How do we know he was even given the authority to hold them accountable? Suppose he did have the authority? What does that mean? What would be an example of holding a player accountable and where have you seen action like that from other HC's.

Would actions towards accountability be released to the media or would it be kept private and "in house"?

Do we really know whether or not there was accountability?

Let me give you some examples that 100% led me to believe this. Even though Jesse Holley is a spare player, he mentioned recently that with Garrett the players already knew how the depth chart was going to shake out no matter what because Garrett had his guys and played favorites. Of course this caused a pretty good divide with the players as one might imagine and animosity.

In regard to accountability, it's pretty much a given that no matter how guys played or showed up to camp the freckled puppet never strayed from the depth chart. We always knew that Garrett wasn't going to stray his foretasted roster year in and year out which is one of our biggest issues. If Jerry let Garrett have any leeway it was with his players and whom he wanted on the field. We all know how conservative Garrett was that is why we were always pretty much an average team who couldn't get over the hump. Coaches whom hold players accountable for the shape they report in like bilichik don't typically have players pushing the envelope.