Twitter: Raiders cut Jeff Heath

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Heath ran Megatron down from behind after leaping over two guys back in his second year. Another thing that stood out about that play was that Heath ran right by Scandrick (who DID run subh 4.4 at the combine) to make the tackle. That's when I realized that we were making a mistake trying to play him in the box.. I don't care what his pro day time was, that dude could fly.. Some guys are just faster when they have something to chase. He's probably not that fast anymore after years of NFL beatings.. but I'd wager he'd still be the fastest safety on this team if we signed him.
have you seen Heath play in the past 3 years? Dude does not have speed like that. He’s finished.

kskboys

Reaction score
What was really dumb was trying to replace Church at strong safety with him, when any skills Heath had shown were in coverage. That made Heath look worse than he was, and then when we switched him with Byron Jones, it made Byron look like a bad safety, too, which he wasn't.
It's not worth my time to explain it to most, but Byron had become a very good S by the time he was switched.

kskboys

Reaction score
I actually enjoy joining in on the Heath is an All Pro jokes, but this is a pretty accurate assessment. There's no reason that he should have been more than a 3rd safety and standout special teams player. Asking more is the fault of the coaching staff.
Heath has an awesome attitude and gives it all every nanosecond of every down. Not liking him as a starting S is understandable, but not liking him is beyond lame.

kskboys

Reaction score
I never understood why the Cowboys could not get more out of Heath for as fast as he is. We insisted on trying to make him a strong safety when his speed and range screamed free safety loudly. Sub Heath in for Woods and the defense is instantly better. I would not complain if we signed him back on a vet min deal.
l

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I’m afraid he is going to want to retire early so he can get in the Hall of fame a year early.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Heath ran Megatron down from behind after leaping over two guys back in his second year. Another thing that stood out about that play was that Heath ran right by Scandrick (who DID run subh 4.4 at the combine) to make the tackle. That's when I realized that we were making a mistake trying to play him in the box.. I don't care what his pro day time was, that dude could fly.. Some guys are just faster when they have something to chase. He's probably not that fast anymore after years of NFL beatings.. but I'd wager he'd still be the fastest safety on this team if we signed him.
I hear ya, but old boy has slowed down.
Like quite a bit.
He's getting a bit rickety.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's not worth my time to explain it to most, but Byron had become a very good S by the time he was switched.

I agree. He only looked bad when they made him play strong safety because Heath couldn't. They actually ended up subbing in Kavon Frazier on some downs because, surprise, not all safeties are interchangeable.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rookie Mukuamu has been given Heath's legendary #38.