Raiders get PI call to beat Dallas but don’t today on a more egregious non call

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Do you seriously want that weak crap to be a penalty? If so, let them just throw a flag for any finger laid on a receiver 5 yards down field. It didn’t impede the receiver one bit. Good Lord, let’s just move to flag football already. And Rambo is your username? Change it.
It’s not just impeding part it’s that he’s actually keeping himself close to the receiver. Pulling him back and himself forward. That was a pretty good pull of that jersey. He didn’t do it just for fun.

Some hand touching/pushing and bumping is ok. Pulling the jersey is different. Imo.

conner01

Reaction score
Actually if I'm not mistaken that rule was enacted to protect QBs and kickers from getting ear holed on INTs and blocked punt/kick returns. And the league is trying like hell to eliminate helmet to helmet contact wherever they can. Which I wholeheartedly support.. but it's football.. sometimes heads are going to collide.. Deal with it or go play tennis.
I get trying to make the game safe and blindsided hits are rough, but that just wasn’t the type of hit the rule was put in place for
I remember I think it was a lions game one of our guys got blew up right before they put rule in place

conner01

Reaction score
I don't think enough is made of the fact that the DB was wearing black gloves.. Class: What color are the Raiders' jerseys? That's right.. black.. I don't know if the DB made that brilliant move on his own or the coaching/equipment staff hooked him up but I think the gloves being the right color definitely contributed to the jersey grab not being seen/called. All the Cowboys DBs need to be wearing maroon or white depending on what the Ratscums dress in this Sunday.
Pretty smart move
Also he was pulling down and not extending his arm so it was hard to see
I’m with you, I’m wearing gloves to match opponents uniform
Every little advantage can be huge

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Anyone who has ever played DB, or hockey, or any sport which required them to cover an opponent in a one on one situation has put their hand on the opponent as a way to gauge where that opponent is at the moment when they have to turn their eyes from the opponent to the incoming ball, puck or whatever. It can be an instinctual reflex.

I'd be willing to bet the receiver in this case didn't even feel the affect of that little tug.

I understand the argument about consistency of the calls but that was a good no call.