Raiders get PI call to beat Dallas but don’t today on a more egregious non call

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
It barely had an effect on him. Stop over exaggerating.

Barely is enough.One step, one stride, one second (less really) - that's all it takes and that's enough for a flag. A foul's a foul.if the game is competently officiated. A foul's not a foul in any citcumstance if it's consistently officiated.

Tell me you wamt competent officiating I'll agrre. Tell me you'll take consistent officiating. I'll agree. This inconsistency in as inexcusable as it should be unnacceptable though to all of us.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
I don't think every tug of the jersey is called or there would be 10x the amount of PI. It wasn't egregious, he still had a chance to make a catch. Also it gets frustrating to me to see QBs throw up prayer balls hoping for PI.

You mean like Daerek Carr wasdoing on thanksgiving? Don't forget all those incidents were on 3rd down. I remeber a year where that was the New York Giants offense against. Danny Kanell was their QB. Happened so many times the first game you could predict happening right before playes where it did, and even knew to expect it the next game and sure enough it happened the same way multiple 3rd down and long deep balls incomplete but flagged.alomost automatically.

So if you think that isn't already happening trust me it is. And not just to the Cowboys. It's easier to remember when it happens to us because we watch the Cowboys and watch them enough to remember unlike other teams.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Barely is enough.One step, one stride, one second (less really) - that's all it takes and that's enough for a flag. A foul's a foul.if the game is competently officiated. A foul's not a foul in any citcumstance if it's consistently officiated.

Tell me you wamt competent officiating I'll agrre. Tell me you'll take consistent officiating. I'll agree. This inconsistency in as inexcusable as it should be unnacceptable though to all of us.

Barely is not what you want to see as a fan of football that is enjoyable to watch, I can tell you that. I'm sure most people here would have a different opinion if it weren't a WFT player.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
You mean like Daerek Carr wasdoing on thanksgiving? Don't forget all those incidents were on 3rd down. I remeber a year where that was the New York Giants offense against. Danny Kanell was their QB. Happened so many times the first game you could predict happening right before playes where it did, and even knew to expect it the next game and sure enough it happened the same way multiple 3rd down and long deep balls incomplete but flagged.alomost automatically.

So if you think that isn't already happening trust me it is. And not just to the Cowboys. It's easier to remember when it happens to us because we watch the Cowboys and watch them enough to remember unlike other teams.

Are you under the impression that I thought those were good calls?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
explain how pulling a jersey to slow down a player possibly a step costing him the catch not affect the outcome of the play?

Its not but putting your hand on the back is common trail technique. You're supposed to have it high on the shoulder pad because it is impossible to not tell which way they break as opposed to close to the waist. You see it all the time lower back.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm NOT one to take up for officials, but as I understand it you can get away with the hand on the hip. Yes, I still think we got screwed.
The tugging on the jersey was an infraction but happens a lot. A smart play knows where the official is and makes it less obvious
Had they seen the tug on the jersey it likely gets called

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
Right is right and wrong is wrong. The Saints got screwed on a RB pass blocking. You want Zeke penalized next time he does the exact same thing so Saints fans don’t think they are getting screwed?
While that block did match the rule it is not the intent of the rule
The rule was meant to prevent blindsiding a receiver and blowing him up
The head part was just to define the rule not to make a block like the saints did illegal

CWR

Reaction score
The tugging on the jersey was an infraction but happens a lot. A smart play knows where the official is and makes it less obvious

Yeah and I'd expect us to get called for it every time.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Barely is not what you want to see as a fan of football that is enjoyable to watch, I can tell you that. I'm sure most people here would have a different opinion if it weren't a WFT player.

I might have that different view too - again the issue is consistency. As I have said before and will say it again - If you want to have in the Rules than call is consistently, not when it randomly suits you. Same goes for not calling it - don't call it consistently not when it randomly suits you.

The reason that's important is the barely can incompetently and inconsistently seen as still a penalty . I like more contact in football - my age showing I guess - but only if it is refereed consistently. If the NFL wants to stand for National Flag Football League and eliminate all sorts of contact fine - but only if it is refereed consistently.

That's really the whole issue. The truth is if the NFL lets referees officiate with such naked inconsistency the truth The NFL doesn't care about the Game's rules or integrity or respect its loyal fans or the very principle of fair play in sports.

And here's the dirty little secret on this forum at least - the Dallas Cowboys have benefitted from incompetent and inconsistent officiating a plenty of their fans of other teams can point this out - the thing is we need to look past the fun of schadenfreude.. to organize and challenge the League to show it has the integrity it wants us to trust it to have.

mmohican29

Reaction score
While holding on to his jersey and slowing him off .
What giveth , taketh away. Refs gave freebies to Raiders on thanksgiving, now they take it away

In both cases: the Cowboys are jobbed in the process. Win for everyone apparently.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I don't think enough is made of the fact that the DB was wearing black gloves.. Class: What color are the Raiders' jerseys? That's right.. black.. I don't know if the DB made that brilliant move on his own or the coaching/equipment staff hooked him up but I think the gloves being the right color definitely contributed to the jersey grab not being seen/called. All the Cowboys DBs need to be wearing maroon or white depending on what the Ratscums dress in this Sunday.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
While that block did match the rule it is not the intent of the rule
The rule was meant to prevent blindsiding a receiver and blowing him up
The head part was just to define the rule not to make a block like the saints did illegal

Actually if I'm not mistaken that rule was enacted to protect QBs and kickers from getting ear holed on INTs and blocked punt/kick returns. And the league is trying like hell to eliminate helmet to helmet contact wherever they can. Which I wholeheartedly support.. but it's football.. sometimes heads are going to collide.. Deal with it or go play tennis.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
In both cases: the Cowboys are jobbed in the process. Win for everyone apparently.

The conspiracy theorists believe that the Cowboys are the NFLs golden goose for gambling revenues. If that is truly the case, they will get jobbed and the geezer loves it. Gamblers are better off placing a bet that the Jets will lose each week. They’re the Jets and no one really cares.