***Raiders/Pats Game Thread***

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I gotta say this. You cannot help but to love Tom Brady. If I could pick any QB in the league? It would be Tom Brady all day and 2x on Sunday. Payton throws a pretty ball but Tom Brady is all leader and a great/smart QB. He can flat out pass the ball to.

I hate NE. Im so jealous of them having Brady. =)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
You dont think Lamont is good enough to get his own yards? I certainly do.

I don't understand this question.

Both the passing game and the running game are effective against the Pats D. I don't think there playing very well right now.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Guys do you know how hard it is being an NFL refree? Imean jeez this rule hasnt even really been in effect a game, we havent got called for it, and alot of other teams, havent gotten called for it, it's not a common tackle, let the refs alone, they are still humans

Exactly! Do you think Roy can get away with that? Nope!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Dallas said:
What game are you watching? The NE D is far from looking sloppy. Its Moss. Just throw the ball up in the air and he goes n gets it. Hard to defend that w/o interfering w/ him blatantly.

PLease when is the last time the PAts let a team just march down on them adn score, a TD on the first drive. They are blowing coverages, they are missing tackles, it's a sloppy game by both D's

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ironically Brady beat out Henson at Michigan....

Ironically, you managed to bring up Henson in a thread. I expect Tye Law will somehow be worked in before the night is out.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Dallas said:
I gotta say this. You cannot help but to love Tom Brady. If I could pick any QB in the league? It would be Tom Brady all day and 2x on Sunday. Payton throws a pretty ball but Tom Brady is all leader and a great/smart QB. He can flat out pass the ball to.

I hate NE. Im so jealous of them having Brady. =)

I agree that Tom Brady is a top notch QB, but my God... he's got time to balance his checkbook back there. :eek:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Duane said:
The Raiders better hope they can out score poeple this year because their defense is horrible.

Yes Sir I would say the Raider D is a little suspect. :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Ironically, you managed to bring up Henson in a thread. I expect Tye Law will somehow be worked in before the night is out.

No Ty Law is starting for the Jets this weekend.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Yes Sir I would say the Raider D is a little suspect. :)

Well CZ, there's a bunch of money locked up on the offense for the Raiders. I imagine it's going to be tough for them to aquire talent on the defensive side for a while.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Maybe Bledsoe can produce a Tom Brady for us some day...

Dare I ask....

Is Romo the next Brady?

:wink2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ironically Brady beat out Henson at Michigan....

well considering Brady was a JR and Henson a FR, thats not a huge eye opener Nors

what is eye opening is the fact that Henson was good enough there to take playing time AWAY from an upper classman

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
well considering Brady was a JR and Henson a FR, thats not a huge eye opener Nors

what is eye opening is the fact that Henson was good enough there to take playing time AWAY from an upper classman

David

Henson the future - the stud, prototype, etc.

Backed up till his Junior season in College. That trend continues into his NFL career. Poor guy has bad luck. Keeps running into Brady and Romo's of the world.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
first half thoughts:

1) Norv Turner is a still a great play caller and game planner

2) for all you Moss butt lickers, the Pats have a poor secondary...please stop with the "he's God!!!" posts...oh and by the way, his team is still losing

3) the Raiders dont have a single defensive player who could start for the Cowboys...I'm not saying we're the 85 Bears or anything either, the Raiders just stink...I wouldnt take a single starter on that defense over any of our 11

4) Janikowski...a kicker...1st rd pick...still an ignorant decision

5) Al Michaels has now gone 788 consecutive games with a Niner/Rice/Montana butt kiss moment

David

ghst187

Reaction score
I turned on the tv to watch the Patsy-buttRaiders game, but all i heard Al and John talk about were the 69ers....."69er's this, 69ers that, Jerry Rice this, Steve Young that...." ugh.
:ralph: :puke: :shoot3: :shoot2: :shoot1: :clubbed: :chainsaw: :stop:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's try and keep this thread going without personal insults. :cool:

You guys do realize we're going to play the Raiders in a couple weeks. Let's focus on what they're doing and how it affects the boys.

Tripod

Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
I agree that Tom Brady is a top notch QB, but my God... he's got time to balance his checkbook back there. :eek:

If Bledsoe could somehow get the kind of time Brady gets its 4 TDs and 350 yards a game.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Let's try and keep this thread going without personal insults. :cool:

You guys do realize we're going to play the Raiders in a couple weeks. Let's focus on what they're doing and how it affects the boys.

Well Jordan looks like he will be a load, but he may only carry about 30% of the plays. The Cowboys will have to prove we can stop the pass and get some pressure on Collins. Offensively, Dallas should have a field day, because, just like last year, the Raiders defense Stinks...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
first half thoughts:

5) Al Michaels has now gone 788 consecutive games with a Niner/Rice/Montana butt kiss moment

David