Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

jnday

Reaction score
I think your real issue is NOT Jerry stepping away from being the "official" GM. I think it is you want him to be quiet, and let someone else be the front man. Jerry has already given up making the football related decisions. He simply asks for a justification for their decisions, and then rubber stamps the decisions of others. But Jerry likes to talk, and upsell the team, his front office, his coaching staff and his players. That's just who he is. So that makes it APPEAR like he's making decisions that are actually made by others.

Jerry's not studying film, and grading players. He hires people to do that. And then he gets excited about the players they like. So what? And then he talks to the press. And that is the real issue people have with him. I cannot count how many times I've seen fan posts telling him to "SHUT UP, JERRY!" As if he doesn't have the right to talk about his team, his staff, or his players.

The reality is that Jerry is a very smart man. He's been ultra successful. And even though he's not truly a football geek, like many NFL GM's, he still is likely a lot more informed and knowledgeable about the NFL and players than 99% of fans - just by virtue of it being his day-to-day business. As in the oil business, Jerry may not be the one to ask about how to fit pipes together, and run the drilling machines. But he's a lot more knowledgeable about the oil business than a guy who simply fills his tank with gas twice a week.
My real issue is that Stephen will be just as bad as his father and I only have a couple of decades to live. I may never see a Dallas Super Bowl win. Stephen is worse than Jerry in many ways. He considers free agency as as dumpster diving and he is not able to get big free agents like Jerry could. Stephen is too tight with the money. The Jones family should be apologizing to me for over 20 years of total failure.

ESisback

Reaction score
My real issue is that Stephen will be just as bad as his father and I only have a couple of decades to live. I may never see a Dallas Super Bowl win. Stephen is worse than Jerry in many ways. He considers free agency as as dumpster diving and he is not able to get big free agents like Jerry could. Stephen is too tight with the money. The Jones family should be apologizing to me for over 20 years of total failure.

Since misery is all you have to look forward to as it pertains to the Cowboys, maybe it would help to find another hobby or past time. I know I would. This is SUPPOSED to be fun!