Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Im not saying that Garrett can change a whole game plan in 10 min, of course the game plan is put together the week before. BUT Garrett is responsible for making sure that the game plan A and B are what he wants. I find it amusing that your worried about losing a receiving option when Dak doesnt have time to even throw it.

I find it amusing that people use the falcon game when the O-line had it worst game, mostly LT but every lineman drew a penalty that game, and then try to make it sound that the entire offense was like that for the entire year. So many people base their arguments off a single play or game and then think that is the norm.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I find it amusing that people use the falcon game when the O-line had it worst game, mostly LT but every lineman drew a penalty that game, and then try to make it sound that the entire offense was like that for the entire year. So many people base their arguments off a single play or game and then think that is the norm.
That really would be amusing if it were just the Falcons game but it wasnt just the Falcon game, it was Denver, Chargers and Eagles too. Dallas didnt just lose to those teams they were not even on the same level as those teams. Garrett basically was caught not doing his homework. But thats ok you go ahead and make excuses for Garrett he is on the hot seat like he should be.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That really would be amusing if it were just the Falcons game but it wasnt just the Falcon game, it was Denver, Chargers and Eagles too. Dallas didnt just lose to those teams they were not even on the same level as those teams. Garrett basically was caught not doing his homework. But thats ok you go ahead and make excuses for Garrett he is on the hot seat like he should be.

It's also funny that the so called Cowboys fans say Garrett is on the hot seat but Jerry and Stephen who's opinions are the ones that actually count don't say that. As far as not doing his homework, so every team that beats another team, the team that loses lost because the coach didn't do his homework? It had nothing to do with players and/or talent or bad calls that changed momentum, or the proverbial bounce of the ball, it's all just homework? I've said it before Garrett has made mistakes just like even seasoned veteran coaches have, but not every bad thing or game or play is Garrett's fault.

cern

Reaction score
It's also funny that the so called Cowboys fans say Garrett is on the hot seat but Jerry and Stephen who's opinions are the ones that actually count don't say that. As far as not doing his homework, so every team that beats another team, the team that loses lost because the coach didn't do his homework? It had nothing to do with players and/or talent or bad calls that changed momentum, or the proverbial bounce of the ball, it's all just homework? I've said it before Garrett has made mistakes just like even seasoned veteran coaches have, but not every bad thing or game or play is Garrett's fault.
jerry brought in garrett as an oc with the explanation he was the future head coach in training. he even paid him as much as wade when wade was the hc. jerry is not one to ever admit to making a mistake. imo, garrett is an unqualified, poor hc. but he's got jerry's backing no matter how poorly he coaches. he wasn't held accountable in 2015 and he wasn't held accountable last year. not likely he will ever be.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
jerry brought in garrett as an oc with the explanation he was the future head coach in training. he even paid him as much as wade when wade was the hc. jerry is not one to ever admit to making a mistake. imo, garrett is an unqualified, poor hc. but he's got jerry's backing no matter how poorly he coaches. he wasn't held accountable in 2015 and he wasn't held accountable last year. not likely he will ever be.

Cern, you just happened to pick 2 seasons the Cowboys were riddled with injuries and/or lost games due to suspensions of starters including Romo in 2015 with crap as backup QB's. You also may have forgotten that the Cowboys have been in cap he11 since it started because of that 90's team and haven't had the luxury of getting enough quality backups because of that. Although I'm pretty much against dabbling in free agency because a team always over pays for free agents, at least the good ones, which just hinders future years because of being tight against the cap. I would rather have the cap space so that the players the Cowboys really want to keep they could. Like having the money to be able to resign Hutchens and give Lawrence and Martin long term contracts without having to use the tag or restructure existing contracts that continues the vicious circle. The 90's team besides having a lot of starting talent also had depth like no other team. It was this depth that was a large part of their success, being able to rotate without any drop in play. They've not be able to come anywhere close to having that kind of depth because of the cap and their cap problems.

jnday

Reaction score
Jerry has admitted that he has done a bad job as GM and he would have fired any other GM with that poor of a job performance. Of course his ego will not allow him to step down and bring in a real GM. Garrett has been Jerry's pick for head coach for a long time and once again his ego will not let him admit he was wrong. Every since Jimmy Johnson left, Jerry has put his ego and pride before the success of the team. He wants to win, but he refuses to put the team welfare before his need for all the attention. I thought that things would change with Stephen, but he hurts the team in a different way. Stephen is more worried about money than winning. Let's be honest, as long as the games keep selling out and the money keeps flowing in, they have no reason to run this team like other teams in the NFL.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Jerry has admitted that he has done a bad job as GM and he would have fired any other GM with that poor of a job performance. Of course his ego will not allow him to step down and bring in a real GM. Garrett has been Jerry's pick for head coach for a long time and once again his ego will not let him admit he was wrong. Every since Jimmy Johnson left, Jerry has put his ego and pride before the success of the team. He wants to win, but he refuses to put the team welfare before his need for all the attention. I thought that things would change with Stephen, but he hurts the team in a different way. Stephen is more worried about money than winning. Let's be honest, as long as the games keep selling out and the money keeps flowing in, they have no reason to run this team like other teams in the NFL.

Amen to that, I've been saying that for a long time, as long as Uncle Jed is making money, there's no urgency to win, he wouldn't care if the stadium was filled with Giants fans, as long as the seats are filled jmo

cern

Reaction score
Cern, you just happened to pick 2 seasons the Cowboys were riddled with injuries and/or lost games due to suspensions of starters including Romo in 2015 with crap as backup QB's. You also may have forgotten that the Cowboys have been in cap he11 since it started because of that 90's team and haven't had the luxury of getting enough quality backups because of that. Although I'm pretty much against dabbling in free agency because a team always over pays for free agents, at least the good ones, which just hinders future years because of being tight against the cap. I would rather have the cap space so that the players the Cowboys really want to keep they could. Like having the money to be able to resign Hutchens and give Lawrence and Martin long term contracts without having to use the tag or restructure existing contracts that continues the vicious circle. The 90's team besides having a lot of starting talent also had depth like no other team. It was this depth that was a large part of their success, being able to rotate without any drop in play. They've not be able to come anywhere close to having that kind of depth because of the cap and their cap problems.
true, I glossed over the 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons. I just have an aversion to mediocrity. and even jerry said the injury excuse was null and void after philly lost their starting qb, best tackle and best middle linebacker and still went on to win the big dance. coaching was the reason the eagles were able to overcome such diversity. coaching is the reason we cannot overcome adversity. alas and alack.

cern

Reaction score
as incomprehensible as it seems, jerry would rather lose doing things his way than win using the talents of another gm. hubris continues to be his downfall when it comes to running the socks and jocks of the club. he should just stick to promoting and merchandising. those things he does well.

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO, Jerry desperately wanted his own Landry--a long term HC who's smart with a quiet demeanor. Voila! Jerry's got continuity, and he doesn't have to go through all that search crap, plus the HC will do what he's told. The problem is the wildcatter is a terrible GM, and the new "Landry" isn't very good at making adjustments. Stir the drink with salary cap and a crooked Commissioner, and mediocrity becomes the norm.

kskboys

Reaction score
IMHO, Jerry desperately wanted his own Landry--a long term HC who's smart with a quiet demeanor. Voila! Jerry's got continuity, and he doesn't have to go through all that search crap, plus the HC will do what he's told. The problem is the wildcatter is a terrible GM, and the new "Landry" isn't very good at making adjustments. Stir the drink with salary cap and a crooked Commissioner, and mediocrity becomes the norm.
I don't think so. Jerry simply wanted a HC that was his boy so he could take credit. Landry was a control freak. Jerry already had that in Tuna n couldn't stand it.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't think so. Jerry simply wanted a HC that was his boy so he could take credit. Landry was a control freak. Jerry already had that in Tuna n couldn't stand it.

Yeah, but don't ya see? Garrett is quiet and does what he's told. Jerry CAN take credit, because everyone knows he has the final say so.

ESisback

Reaction score
25 pages and I still don't know why anyone owes the FO an apology. :muttley:

Not really an apology, just an acknowledgement that the FO isn't the author of all the world's problems. Just suggesting that emotional overreaction is not always the best way to go.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I dont blame Garrett for every little thing that goes wrong like Terrance Williams having the ball bounce off his chest or DeMarco Murray fumbling the ball or Dez Bryant having the ball bounce off his hands or Dak throwing an INT.
But what I do hold Garrett accountable for is
Game planning
Situational game planning
In game adjustments
Clock management
Team preparation
Coaching during the game
Disciplining players

Garrett always preaches to players how they have to get better but he needs to follow his own advice and improve in his areas of weakness. He doesnt seem to be getting better and in my opinion has reached his ceiling. He is the head coach and in the end is responsible for the team!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not really an apology, just an acknowledgement that the FO isn't the author of all the world's problems. Just suggesting that emotional overreaction is not always the best way to go.

The FO deserves criticism since the same 2 guys have been running it for years, accomplished little, and show no signs of acknowledging their failures and delegating that authority to someone else. They want the credit, and that's fine since they own the team but that means they own the flops as well. But simply doing their job and signing a few free half decent free agents shouldn't be cause for popping champagne corks, much less apologizing.