Raise your hand if you own NVida (NVDA) stock

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
..of course, if you have the cash invest in Nvda. They are firing on all cylinders. Its a good time for them. But times follow change, and change is the upswing for anything in mix of things.

As far chips go, Nvda does well XgfX sector. I use to buy their cards back in the day. AMD has done really well in CPU processing chip sector. Taken the throne from Intel, which was leader since mid 90's.

RIght now, my money would be on Nvida and AMD. But since, Ive been loyal to AMD since early 2K. Thats my preference.
I’m not educated enough to do my own investing so leave it up to investment advisors to buy and sell. They’ve been bullish on Nvidia for awhile now. All the big chip makers should do well as AI computing is still in its infancy. It’s changing paradigms.

Praxit

Reaction score
I’m not educated enough to do my own investing so leave it up to investment advisors to buy and sell. They’ve been bullish on Nvidia for awhile now. All the big chip makers should do well as AI computing is still in its infancy. It’s changing paradigms.
..glad, you got people you can trust with your investments. I manage my own portfolios. But if I was moving millions around, I would definitely be getting help...lol..

As for AI, yes its thing right now. Everyone will want piece of the pie. Even Dak. ..;)..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
..glad, you got people you can trust with your investments. I manage my own portfolios. But if I was moving millions around, I would definitely be getting help...lol..

As for AI, yes its thing right now. Everyone will want piece of the pie. Even Dak. ..;)..
Dak probably uses it to weed out his news feeds :laugh:

rags747

Reaction score
Ok, what else is everyone buying? I’m getting ready to unload about $100k in health stocks soon, financial guy advises that many will be losing major patents in the near 1-2 year term. MRK I have huge gains, PFE smaller gains and it has come down a lot. Another call with my guy this week. What’s everyone buying and why?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ok, what else is everyone buying? I’m getting ready to unload about $100k in health stocks soon, financial guy advises that many will be losing major patents in the near 1-2 year term. MRK I have huge gains, PFE smaller gains and it has come down a lot. Another call with my guy this week. What’s everyone buying and why?
Their history suggests it's far from a sure thing, and it's not the bulk of my portfolio, however I have been slowing adding more and more GEVO since the first of the year. They own the patents to be serious players in sustainable aviation fuel and renewable natural gas. The elephant in the room for this company is the path to actually manufacturing....which is a pretty major issue. They filed for nearly a $1B DOE loan in Q3 last year. Typically a decision on those come in roughly a years time so the next couple months should be interesting. If approved this could shoot up 5-10x overnight. Of course if it doesn't they are looking at compliance issues after the first of the year and probably forced into a R/S.

If you have $100k to reinvest it's an interesting penny stock to throw 2-5% at.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Their history suggests it's far from a sure thing, and it's not the bulk of my portfolio, however I have been slowing adding more and more GEVO since the first of the year. They own the patents to be serious players in sustainable aviation fuel and renewable natural gas. The elephant in the room for this company is the path to actually manufacturing....which is a pretty major issue. They filed for nearly a $1B DOE loan in Q3 last year. Typically a decision on those come in roughly a years time so the next couple months should be interesting. If approved this could shoot up 5-10x overnight. Of course if it doesn't they are looking at compliance issues after the first of the year and probably forced into a R/S.

If you have $100k to reinvest it's an interesting penny stock to throw 2-5% at.
Penny stocks are super risky and easily manipulated. I would never recommend them to anyone.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Best thing is to just give to me so I can get a Hellcat.

Thats what most advisors would tell you

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Penny stocks are super risky and easily manipulated. I would never recommend them to anyone.
Agree for the most part, and that's why it should really be a smaller part of ones portfolio, however some of these do have legitimate long term upside. I'd be more aggressive with these for investors in their 20s/30s who have plenty of time to wait. That said though you can find some reasonable gambles on penny stocks with upcoming catalysts. Seemed appropriate for a NVDA thread.

I think one of the big things with the penny stocks is to make sure you're following the right industries, and following patents.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Agree for the most part, and that's why it should really be a smaller part of ones portfolio, however some of these do have legitimate long term upside. I'd be more aggressive with these for investors in their 20s/30s who have plenty of time to wait. That said though you can find some reasonable gambles on penny stocks with upcoming catalysts. Seemed appropriate for a NVDA thread.

I think one of the big things with the penny stocks is to make sure you're following the right industries, and following patents.
You better really do your research extensively before buying a penny stock which are worth pennies for a reason.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am holding AMD despite the major correction over the last week - after analysts boosted its price target to $200. It looks to me like people are dumping AMD and buying NVDA, which is up more than 10% over the same period.

This might be a good time to buy NVDA too. It looks like it is not ready to cool over yet even after a 10-1 split.