Rambo Last Blood coming in September

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
And I still don't think enough people realize the work it actually takes to get into the shape that he has for so many of those films.

He did say he way over did it for Drago fight in Rocky 4. He looked like a block of muscle. Stonehenge-like lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet both are two of the biggest, most successful, world renowned movie stars of all time.
Kim Kardashian, Yoko Ono, and Honey Boo Boo are all successful and renowned (okay, Honey Boo Boo might be a stretch). Doesn't mean they're particularly talented. Sly wrote Rocky, which was a great movie, but his acting leaves a bit to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of their movies. But just as I love Neil Young, I also recognize that the man isn't a great vocalist.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Kim Kardashian, Yoko Ono, and Honey Boo Boo are all successful and renowned (okay, Honey Boo Boo might be a stretch). Doesn't mean they're particularly talented. Sly wrote Rocky, which was a great movie, but his acting leaves a bit to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of their movies. But just as I love Neil Young, I also recognize that the man isn't a great vocalist.

I have a similar argument so I know where you are coming from.

But... you have to recognize that “talent” is a word that it’s meaning has changed.

If you are successful because you have people following you, spending money on you (your stuff, creations, services etc.).... then THAT in and of itself IS “Talent”. Crazy, sad, call it what you want but it’s true.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Who cares if he's a great actor or not? The guy's a legend and most of his movies are entertaining.
Who cares if he's a great actor or not? The guy's a legend and most of his movies are entertaining.

It’s funny you mention this.

I always thought there were two kinds of movie “types”

1. An Actor
2. A movie star

Keanu Reeves is a movie star. Not an actor by any stretch,
Al Pacino is an actor. A great one.

Stallone is neither. He just has that “IT” factor. He’s got you buying what he’s selling in his movies. He’s got you cheering him... rooting for him... his success. It’s amazing really!

GMO415

Reaction score
I should read the book. Heard it was drastically different than the movies.

Spoiler alert!
Rambo hunts down the cops; civilians, and gaurdsmen, and butchers them. Colonel Trautman was recruited to put an end to it, finally killing Rambo.

Last edited by a moderator: