Rambo Last Blood coming in September

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Kim Kardashian, Yoko Ono, and Honey Boo Boo are all successful and renowned (okay, Honey Boo Boo might be a stretch). Doesn't mean they're particularly talented. Sly wrote Rocky, which was a great movie, but his acting leaves a bit to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of their movies. But just as I love Neil Young, I also recognize that the man isn't a great vocalist.
It's funny you bring up a songwriter that can't really sing, all these other posts were reminding me of Tom waits, who despite being a great songwriter, has a voice like sandpaper on a nutsack. Which segues nicely into me mentioning that the best film Stallone ever wrote/starred in was Paradise Alley, a film that also featured Tom Waits.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
That very true, but steroids don't do the work for you either. They certainly help to get results, but the guy still worked his tail off too.
I'm not belittling his work rate or his success. I actually find it quite depressing when I see the 1980's biggest stars looking horribly old and bedraggled. It serves to remind me that the 80's are no longer 'recent' and that I myself am getting old and bedraggled too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not belittling his work rate or his success. I actually find it quite depressing when I see the 1980's biggest stars looking horribly old and bedraggled. It serves to remind me that the 80's are no longer 'recent' and that I myself am getting old and bedraggled too.

Everybody ages. I find it funny how people continue to look at people aging as some "anomaly" or something abnormal. We all get there eventually.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody ages. I find it funny how people continue to look at people aging as some "anomaly" or something abnormal. We all get there eventually.
They say it's better than the alternative... I'm not so sure.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I should read the book. Heard it was drastically different than the movies.

Spoiler alert!
Rambo hunts down the cops; civilians, and gaurdsmen, and butchers them. Colonel Trautman was recruited to put an end to it, finally killing Rambo.

“He’s dead Jim” (Trautman) lol

Horribly old and bedraggled or kudos for continuing on... not letter age and societal views dictate what they do?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I should read the book. Heard it was drastically different than the movies.

Spoiler alert!
Rambo hunts down the cops; civilians, and gaurdsmen, and butchers them. Colonel Trautman was recruited to put an end to it, finally killing Rambo.
If Richard Crenna was alive he would be 92.